Anna Semlyenmember
1 post

Posted:
Cosmos Jugglers, Jim and Anna Semlyen teach residential courses in swinging, pole spinning and poi. Anna wrote Modern Club Swinging and Pole spinning and is an expert teacher of circus skills and yoga6-11 May, Laurieston Hall, SW Scotland23-26 August, Lower Shaw Farm, Swindonsee https://www.cosmosjugglers.co.uk
for full details or ring 01904 654355 for programmes.

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Why did you write about yourself as if you were someone else?Why did you not say Jim and I teach residential courses ......I wrote "Modern Club..... and am an expert teacher of circus skills....?Not picking. Just curious. Seemed a little odd to me. But I'm a little odd myself grin------------------C@ntusThere's only one way of life and that's your own.

Meh

GlåssDIAMOND Member
The Ministry of Manipulation
2,523 posts

Posted:
Anyway, I've heard the word that their residential courses are real good.Once again, cantus, is able to make a newbie (to hop, not swinging) feel uneasy using the power of a single, rude discussion board post.If you're going to be pedantic about those sort of things you ought to consider punctuation (this is called a comma "," you can use them if you want.)possibly because Anna was someone else when she wrote it, check the book cover she used to be jillings.feel free to critise all my spelling grammar and puctuation, or anything else, all the mistakes are mine. I'm going back to lurking the depths I came from.G

Axismember
171 posts

Posted:
WARNING : This may be the most fun you will have this year!I can't recommend these courses highly enough!I learned SO much from these people and had a fantastic time to boot!If you want to get new skills on board this is perhaps the best way to do it.I particularly recommend going to the course in Scotland. It is beautiful there...Not only do you get expert tuition, you also wake up to birdsong and lush forests, the food tastes fantastic, there is a wonderful wood fired sauna to relax in, fresh highland air, lovely people and we all get to put on a fire show (with fire sculptues we make) and a cabaret , which is always wicked!if you want to have a fantastic time,if you want to learn loads of new skills, from acrobalance to creating a routine, from juggling to staff, poi to contact juggling,if you want to party in a beautiful placeif you want to chill out and simply have funif you want to make new friends have a blast and create wonderful memories,you want to take things to the next level, don't you?This is the place to do it!Bring your friends!I will see you there!simply pick up the phone and call AnnaLove Axis smile

orangemember
158 posts

Posted:
hiya anna smilegood to hear you are still aroundand congrats that you and jim got togetherlast time we met was at marks in york (pyrogyro) in about 1995my names rich - to ring small bells of memorywell take care and please say hi to jimi saw mark a couple of weeks ago in matlock with liz - his girlfriendbig hugs------------------swoopedinandswoopedoutagain...orange...xxx...

swoopedinandswoopedoutagain...orange...xxx...

PyroGyronewbie
17 posts

Posted:
Orange smile hi dude, see you soon ?
Anna & Jim smile must come on another course - making another PyroGyro soon - will take some digital photos and post them..

Hi to all Yorkies too smile

PyroGyro

PyroGyronewbie
17 posts

Posted:
ps Emz says "no-one mentions me "

PyroGyro

flash fireBRONZE Member
Sporadically Prodigal
2,758 posts

Posted:
*gently whispers*

Did you see the date of the posts? They're from January 2002. You might not get a response from the people you're addressing. hehe

HoP Posting Guidelines
Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?
If you can answer YES to these 4 questions then you may post a reply.

bluecatgeek, level 1
5,300 posts

Posted:
but incidentally the cosmos courses are still running, and are still absolutely brilliant.

biggrin

Holistic Spinner (I hope)

StoneGOLD Member
Stream Entrant
2,829 posts

Posted:
When
Are
The
Courses
Coming
To
Australia
?
smile
Or
Do
We
Have
To Go To England
?

If we as members of the human race practice meditation, we can transcend our fear, despair, and forgetfulness. Meditation is not an escape. It is the courage to look at reality with mindfulness and concentration. Thich Nhat Hanh

jugjimcosmember
47 posts

Posted:
PyroGyro ya noggin - course we remember you - I just found this post as I idly googled you when I was supposed to be working! Send you a PM.

What you doing posting to threads that are more than 2 years old?
Come to Laurieston this year - 30 April to 6 May. Bring the family and meet our Rosie.

https://www.semlyen.net/cosmosjugglers/gallery.htm

Due to demmand we've gone up from 5 to 6 days in 2005. I'll get the 05 prices up asap - they are what you would expect - a 5th of last year's on top plus a 2-3% increase overall.

J XXXXXX

jugjimcosmember
47 posts

Posted:
And hi Rich - I do remember you at a mad mad party round at pyros! Hope we'll meet again soon - its only been almost a decade!
XXX

PyroGyronewbie
17 posts

Posted:
Thanks for the gentle whisper ... I had only just found the thread ... smile

PyroGyro smile

PyroGyronewbie
17 posts

Posted:
What you doing posting to threads that are more than 2 years old?

Got there in the end smile

Hope to see you soon smile have bike on road again smile will try to get up soon smile keep seeing "TheAncientWanderer" on his travels, he is as Dogey as ever smile

PyroGyro & family & extended family (Derbyshire Branch)