Organized Kaosmember
238 posts

Posted:
just wondering to see if theres anyone else here from Canada, preferably in toronto, Ontario???------------------Do You ever Question Your life? Do You ever wonder Why? Do you ever see in Your dreams, All the castles in the Sky??

Every morning I wake up and hit the ground yawning...

Arcmember
17 posts

Posted:
I'm a Canadian Swinger but I live in San Diego right now. Sorry I don't know any in Ontario but if you are heading out to Vancouver let me know and I will put you in touch with some incredibly cool people.

phuzzzmember
160 posts

Posted:
come west!!!

DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
sorry - this made me giggle. I think "twirlers" might be better than "swingers" or you'll end up with loads of dodgy jokes.Most probably from me wink

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi
Slacker of enormous magnitude

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
Please use the meet others directory.I am sure you will find some there.Thanks!------------------Pele Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir...https://www.pyromorph.com

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

SmokyDavySILVER Member
Do my poi look too small in this?
394 posts

Posted:
Hi Org_Kaos,I'm from Toronto, but I'm living in London England right now.(are there any people from London on here?)I'll be returning home in June for the OM Festival, so if you're planning on going to that, please feel free to e-mail me so we can meet. Teach each other some new moves smileLove and Light,Davy

redragonxmember
73 posts

Posted:
if your ever gonna be in central alberta, drop me a line

~A Soft Rubber Bodybuilding Smurf~

FevaGirlmember
21 posts

Posted:
Come to Edmonton Alberta! There are about 15 to 20 of us out here! About 8 or 9 of us that have been spinning for over a year! If you are ever out this way drop me a line. You could email me @ gogogirlfeva@hotmail.com. I would love to hear from other spinners in Canada. smilefevagirl smile[This message has been edited by fevagirl (edited 19 January 2002).]

Peace, Beats, Love and Light!

swiftythefireguymember
61 posts

Posted:
im canadian eh!come from abbotsford bci have yet to meet a single person who spins but everyone wants to try if any body is coming out to vancouver drop me a line

dont ever ask me whta time it is ?where are we? or are we there yet? because the time is now!we here !and we wil never be there !

Arcmember
17 posts

Posted:
Swiftythefireguy. Dude you gotta get out of abbortsford and head down to the Commercial drive area. Tons of cool people there. You will find spinners as well as a ton of other super cool things goin on there. ---------------I'm the man with the light bulb head, I turn myself on in the dark.Arc. shocked

Aurora (1/2 a firesister)GOLD Member
enthusiast
249 posts

Posted:
Hey Hey...I live in Toronto. It's nice to see another Torontonian on here smile I just started poi'in about 2 months ago so I'm just getting into it. I saw some fire dancers when I was in Ibiza for the summer and it was love at first sight. How about you?

Om Namah Sivaya

JaedenGOLD Member
220 posts

Posted:
Yes, of all the places in the world I'd like to go, Ibaza is right up at the top.And while Edmonton does rock, I wouldn't say there's a ton of us here. We do have a few good swingers though (I hear phunky knows what he's doing) wink------------------'There is a fist pressing against anyone who thinks something compelling'[This message has been edited by Jaeden (edited 18 January 2002).]

The world is not out to get you but if you fight it you will be eaten alive

Arcmember
17 posts

Posted:
I was born in Edmonton. 1962 in fact. I've never been but, how I long to go to the Fringe festival. Someday I will come home. I was born in Glenora. Later we moved to Rundle Heights. It was a brand spanking new development. It was so totally cool because the N. Sask valley wasn't developed yet. Ahhhhhhh, my sis, bro and I had just the best of times down at the river playing out our dreams. We would ride our bikes down the hill during the summer and tobogan down during the winter. I remember when my dad made us an igloo in the undeveloped lot beside us one winter. It was full on. Dad was a bush pilot. How cool was that. Just wanted to share some of me. -------------------Round and round and round they go when they stop nobody knows. Arc

Arcmember
17 posts

Posted:
Durbs! You're right!I think I will user Spinner from now on. ______________I'm the man with the light bulb head. I turn myself on in the night. Arc shocked[This message has been edited by Arc (edited 18 January 2002).][This message has been edited by Arc (edited 18 January 2002).]

phunkyold hand
877 posts

Posted:
Nah, E-town has a bunch of spinners for it's population. Not all the spinners are party go'ers and a bunch of spinners have also "retired" as of late.------------------[]Dhuong-Vu Truong==== []Dhunky ====

FevaGirlmember
21 posts

Posted:
I can think of only one in E-town that has retired!Fevagirl smile

Peace, Beats, Love and Light!

Organized Kaosmember
238 posts

Posted:
hey sunspot!where about in toronto are you?i started in august when I went to a club and saw some guyz spinning...as soon as I got home I had to give it a shot...and im hooked now.my dream has been to goto Ibiza for the past couple of years and I might be going this summer!!!------------------Do You ever Question Your life? Do You ever wonder Why? Do you ever see in Your dreams, All the castles in the Sky??

Every morning I wake up and hit the ground yawning...

phunkyold hand
877 posts

Posted:
I can think of a couple that have stopped spinning. Most of them are my friends that you haven't met yet. They aren't really party people. As for myself i don't think i've picked up my poi for a practice session since before new years. Thinking of taking a break, spin for fun at the clubs once in a while though (I'll bust them out at vinyl though!). Finally realized its not a race. I've got my whole life to perfect my spinning.------------------[]Dhuong-Vu Truong==== []Dhunky ====

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
Way to go phunky!Since this is turning into an Event type thing...this is being moved to the events section. If you have a gathering in T.O., I am from near Niagara Falls and would love to pop in if I am allowed to.Next time though, use the meet others search!------------------Pele Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir...https://www.pyromorph.com

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

sprytemember
45 posts

Posted:
I am thinking of hosting a Poi Get together in St. Catharines Ontario on the weekend of The 21st 23rd and 24th ORthe 28th 1st and 2ndIf you are interested please Email me at emerald_rain@hotmail.com so I can firm up plans and make it officialHappy SpinningBecca