SaggyD2034member
10 posts

Posted:
Alright,i started glowsticking about 3 or 4 months ago, i started because there was a blacklight party, and it got me going, my heart pouned the first time i saw them spin, i was in awe. i practiced with glowsticks for anbout 2 and a half months, and i got my poi about 2 weeks ago, since then i've mastered the forward and backward weaves, the corkscrew and quad corkscrew, turns, and other such things, but i can't get the BTB weave, either way i do it i can't get my left hand to go across my body completely, i know you all say just think of it the opposite way and stuff but that's not my problem when i bend my arms to the other sides, it either hits my legs, or it whacks me in the chest on the way back over, and my arms really start to hurt after 15 minutes of continuous beating myself up. please help with how to hold the poi while doing this, or at least the way the wrist turns, or how much it needs to go over to the other side. Please help-SaggyD2034 (First Post, love this site, thank you everyone)

jonathanenthusiast
210 posts

Posted:
hey saggy, do a search!theres heaps on this already wink

Bendymember
750 posts

Posted:
One of the problems I had was that my arms would not reach around behind me. I am double jointed and flexible to boot, so I knew I must be doing something wrong. Then I watched a few people do it and they were twisting/turning their upper body away from the side that the poi were swinging on. I tried that and got it not long afterwards.Try doing crossovers behind your back before weaving. That way you can get used to swinging the poi around your back without getting too tangled etc

Courage is the man who can stop after only one peanut

SaggyD2034member
10 posts

Posted:
Thank you, moving my upper body must be what i'm doing wrong, your problem that u had sounds alot like mine!

Tempestaddict
522 posts

Posted:
Try overpivoting saggy. It will help to build up a mental picture of how far is too much, you already know what isn't enough so it should help fill in the gaps.Also, if you can get a short video of yourself - it will help tremendously.keep going.TEMPEST

SaggyD2034member
10 posts

Posted:
You guys are gods, i just kept in mind those things, i got home from school picked up my poi, said "screw it if i thwack myself" then did a few cross overs, dodging the damn things, then it just flew from there, it's alot easier then i thought it was. it just clicks after you do a few crossovers. it's great! THANK YOU SO MUCH.... now lets see if i can do it over my head!

SaggyD2034member
10 posts

Posted:
BE CAREFUL, about 45 seconds after i posted this i went back to try it i just smacked myself in the mouth, i think i have a gouch in my gums,! DON"T GET COCKEY ANYONE!

xtremravr...was here..member
337 posts

Posted:
saggy...rofl...sorry couldnt help it, i just read your thread and had to post. that is something i do WAY to often, be like oh i can do that now that i did that....BAM BANG BOOM!!! now im on the ground...hehe..sorry i had to laugh...keep it up!! ive been twirling for about 2 months now and havent got the btb weave yet...good show...good show!!!p.l.u.r.r.xtremravr

Peace Luv Uni-t Respect Responsa-what?!?! Xtrem

DocLiquidmember
97 posts

Posted:
I know you have heard this before, but all I can tell you is to practice with each hand individually for a lnog time before you do them both together. After that it just becomes natural because both arms are used to the movement. Good luck.P.S. And move your body, dramatically at first then it becomes much easier to do the move without moving your body at all.PLUHRDOC------------------Let us Light up the Night

Let us Light up the Night