Forums > Social Chat > Pozee popped my cherry!

Login/Join to Participate

Mystaddict
439 posts

Posted:
Yes everyone, Myst has spun fire! I was at the beach and saw someone spinning fire by the ocean. Thinking to myself "Pozee lives around there", I started running. Sure enough, it was and he was spinning that fire like it was a glowstick, wrap after wrap, combo wrap. After meeting him, we decided that it would be fun to pop that old fire cherry of mine.(appologies for not getting it on film) I practiced a little with my glowsticks, warmed up a little, then switched to his fire chains. I got used to those and we soaked them. He gave me a jacket to put on that was fire resistant so I could do arm wraps, I was wearing pants so I could do leg wraps. The scene was set and just waiting on the wicks to soak a little more. I wasn't scared, I wasn't nurvouse, and as Pozee lit me up It felt comfortable. I felt like I had done it before, Nothing had changed, these things were just on fire. I had to keep myself from doing any neck wraps, which for me was nearly impossible. I did some wraps, lots of weaves and windmills, basically I did everything I did with glowsticks except for neck wraps. I'll have to admit, it was deffinatly fun, and an experiance I wont forget but I still don't think of glowsticks as a substitute for fire. Given I want to play with it again but I stand strongly by my glowsticks side. I even tried some moves I wasn't very comfortable with, I just thought of them as glowsticks and wasn't the least bit scared of them. Pozee, thank you for letting me play, It was fun and you are very talented with them. I'll definatly be over to play again. Eric

Its about talent, not make up or costumes.

CassandraFroggie ... Ribbit !!!
4,224 posts

Posted:
hey Myst !!!CONGRATULATIONS !for sure you can do wraps with fire, it is even an amazing feeling, isn't it ? And the sound, the smell, the heat mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm smileAnyway, just to say I am really happy for youShine onCassandra

"I want brown bread... no, that is diesel oil..."
"So I was raised in Europe, where History comes from ..."
"NON !!! La Plume de mon oncle n est pas Bingibangibungi !!!"

SupermanBRONZE Member
829 posts

Posted:
very cool Myst. How long did you spin? And how did the wraps feel with the chains?i have been working on my BTB weave following your breakdown you gave me. I thought i felt it last night. Its getting closer, i know it.congrats dudeSuper'------------------"When a Man Lies He Murders Some Part of the World These Are the PaleDeaths Which Men Miscall Their Lives All this I Cannot Bear to Witness Any Longer Cannot the Kingdom of Salvation Take Me Home"

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear--not absence of fear.

- Mark Twain

Mystaddict
439 posts

Posted:
The first one was probably about 1 1/2 min and the second probably around 2 min. The chains weren't much different, as I said, I treated them as glowsticks. The one thing that may suck me into it is the smell, I love that smell!!! At first I practiced with his small chains, which was a little scary seeing as I'm used to them being a little longer. then he pulled out some longer chains and those were about as long as I usually spin them so it was perfect. The Woosh was cool too, but nothing compares to the sound of a glowstick flying through the air. I'm more scared of getting hit with a glowstick, but if I were to get stuck on a wrap with fire, that would suck. Going to home depot soon to make some fire poi. Change of subject, but where would I get some flags, and how much would they cost?Eric

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
that was difinately a good time last night. i even got my wife to spin them for the first time. she usually spins glowsticks, she never wanted to try my fire before, untill lastnight. i guess she just thought she was ready. she did well. and myst WOW him and i could go a long way in learning new things. he has got some great moves. i love wraps and like he said it takes much restraint not to just start wrapping them around my neck left and right. well i could just go for it, but i like my neck the way it is, no scars. so in the unlikely event that it does try to burn me up there i think i would rather be ready for it. i definatly like to be safe about my fire. i may not have a safety standing by all the time, but i am only a few feet from the ocean where i can just jump in. well later all

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
Good work Myst smilepity you didnt get it on video tho...oh well smileJosh

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
next time ther will definately be video. josh, speaking of video, i was on the beach the other night and a couple videod me, they told me they would send it to me. it was my first time doing wraps on fire. well the point is that i heard last night that this person is enhancing it somehow with her computer, slowing parts of it down and stuff. is that good or bad? they are telling me that you can see the complete trail of fire like someone is taking a picture with delayed shutter speed. well i hope it turns out alright. still i am just happy to have seen myself spin for the first time. c-yas

Mystaddict
439 posts

Posted:
Yeah, that does suck that I didn't get it on film. Pozee popped two cherries last night, you the man. I made my own pozee I just have to come over and try them out now. I have a couple of ideas for some sick crowd pleasers and I trust in your spinning enough to try them with you. We're going to go far with glowsticks and fire. Eric