Page:
SsJ KaKaRoTtOmember
26 posts

Posted:
what up, ya'lli want 2 know: what is ur newest move??? the one that u just learned.The TRUE Super Saiyajin,SsJ KaKaRoTtO

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
I finally got my right poi to wrap around the right side to the back of my body and my right poi to go behind my back and wrap around the front on the left without hitting my arms. I know, not terribly impressive but I kept getting them wrapped frownI sat down to learn it too, which was really strange.------------------Pele Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir..."I prefer not to go where there is a path but to blaze a new one!"

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

TaiGuymember
127 posts

Posted:
Just perfected all of my wraps that i know so far------------------"Happiness is not a destination, but a method for life"- Burton Hills

The reason communism doesn't work is because people like to own stuff

SupermanBRONZE Member
829 posts

Posted:
last night i was trying to pull off a forward butterflyon the right side of my body. then go over my headto the left, then back. I almost got it to work..Super'------------------"Only the warrior that hears the call will know when to leave, Where to go" -unknown

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear--not absence of fear.

- Mark Twain

SsJ KaKaRoTtOmember
26 posts

Posted:
well my newest 1 is probably the fwd weave, 180 to bkwds weave, then high turn, to low turn, to bkwds weave, 180 to fwds weave, to butterfly, to alternate butterfly, to mexican wave.its a sh**load of work and a b**** 2 pull of, but when i do it, it's the sh**!!!!The TRUE Super Saiyajin,SsJ KaKaRoTtO

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
That's a routine silly SsJ! I thought you meant one single move!------------------Pele Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir..."I prefer not to go where there is a path but to blaze a new one!"

Pele

SsJ KaKaRoTtOmember
26 posts

Posted:
alright. my mistake, pele. well, i wanted 2 know ur newest move/combo. my bad. well, thanx. l8!The TRUE Super Saiyajin,SsJ KaKaRoTtO

dangerboyoriginal member
205 posts

Posted:
Probably doing sustained weave-type things behind my head.

Earth my body, water my blood, air my breath, fire my spirit

Jeff Duncanmember
140 posts

Posted:
its so cool i cant even tell you!!!

manganatemember
5 posts

Posted:
Here's an interesting combo for you fire-swinging string-twirling poi and glowstick maniacs.Start forward weave, turn 90 deg to right and go directly into a windmill and come back into a weave by turning back 90 deg the way you came. Do a wrap with right hand on left arm and pull out quickly. This should put you in the direction of two reverse swings. Do tuck-turn followed by high turn. Finish or stop anyway you wish. Work the routine with speed and you'll have variety with nice trails.------------------It's a rave new world

It's a rave new world

s-p-l-a-tmember
383 posts

Posted:
my newest trick is from BTB forwards weave to turn as if to start circular weave BTB then crossing right hand under left then over my head to do a horizonal corkscrew in front of body while the left hand does and extra circle behind the back then into a forwards wave or whatever else.

The beautiful thing about learning is that no one can take it away from you.- B.B.King

onewheeledweirdomember
35 posts

Posted:
my newbie is whilst unicycling using 2 poi and two staves in a horizontal weave above head and in front of waist then stop & 360' spin ride off forwards verticle weave.

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
My newest move's called Around the World. Its really beautiful and easy(when you're an experienced spinner, heh).Start with the forward weave, facing your right side, then turn and do the backward weave...then, go from the backward weave to the windmill...this requires a little concentration. From the windmill, go to the forward weave, and all over again.Its a little hard not to break the move, but practice makes perfect, right? =)hope you like it

SupermanBRONZE Member
829 posts

Posted:
That is a tight move. I love comboing new moves together. It is definatley a rush....my friend pulled it outta his butt last Sat. by pure accident. tHE ONLY DIFFERENCE IS THAT HE WENT FROM A FORWARD WEAVE then tuned 180 and went into a windmill. I am having problems going from a backward weave in to the windmill to finish that combo...any suggestions??ThanxSuper'------------------"Only the warrior that hears the call will know when to leave, Where to go" -unknown

- Mark Twain

protozoaGOLD Member
148 posts

Posted:
I just got the behind-the-back weave last night! Woohoo!!!!I also invented (afaik..apologies to anybody else who does this..i've never seen anyone else do it is all) a neat combo a little while ago; it's similar to the around-the-world as described above (great name! by some wild coincidence I was thinking of coining the same term for exactly the same combo!) but rather than having the weave & turn/windmill go around your body, use the butterfly.It sorta breaks down like this: get the butterfly going in front of you. Then move both hands around to behind your left hip (keep your feet facing forward), to do one beat of a butterfly behind your left hip. Then bring both hands back to front & center for one butterfly beat. Then move your hands back behind your right hip, do one butterfly beat behind your right hip.I'm proud of this combo; it looks great & it's a lot of fun. Maybe I'll call it "around-the-world-butterfly"?

SupermanBRONZE Member
829 posts

Posted:
how do you even start to do a behind theback weave??I tried it a few times, then decided to spend time on other things that i know id pick up in a few days...I am not very flexible in the arm and shoulder area, maybe thats why i cant even get the strings in motion.."S"------------------"Only the warrior that hears the call will know when to leave, Where to go" -unknown

- Mark Twain

onewheeledweirdomember
35 posts

Posted:
okay. number one, you don't have to be at all flexible in the shoulder and arm area. number two, i mean *at all*!try practising the motions without poi behind your back first. (i.e. do figure 8s behind your back with both hands). [This message has been edited by onewheeledweirdo (edited 28 March 2001).]

FireSpiritSILVER Member
Classic 90's Fire Dancer... Poi, Staff, Doubles, and Breathing
743 posts

Posted:
I have a Lot of new moves lately! A lot of stalls (under the legs) Opposits stalls, walking stalls. I also have been working on some weave stuff! You start off with a fwd weave (left) then bwd weave right, (so you are staning sidways in the two weaves)for a few rotations back and forth, then over the head weave (Wind Mill) from bwd right, with a stretch Wind mill(2 times), then back to the fwd weave. (repeat) grin [This message has been edited by skichristian (edited 30 March 2001).][This message has been edited by skichristian (edited 31 March 2001).]

FIRE IS ALIVE!
IT LIVES AND BREATHS!
IT CONSUMES, AND DISTROYS!
BUT WE CONTROL IT,
AND DANCE WITH FIRE!!

protozoaGOLD Member
148 posts

Posted:
To get behind-the-back weave going here's how I start: do a simple reverse swing at your sides. Practice doing a crossover with both hands going behind your back. Then see if you can do a split-time crossover. It isn't easy, but practice for a while until you can do it fairly reliably without hitting yourself in the shins or head, several times in a row. Then when you can do a split-time crossover two or three times, rather than simply going back into a regular swing between beats try to get that 'rollover' on the one side..then on the other..then you're doing it! winkLearning BTB weave for me was similar to learning the regular weave..just took a lot longer!

N8member
336 posts

Posted:
I have the really smooth transition from the forward butterfly to the low weave. Prolly something most of you know, its not really hard. While doing the forward butterfly, pull your right arm closer to your body and away from your left hand. if you do that correcty the poi (easier with glowsticks) should wrap around your left forearm. give the right chain a little pull and it should unwrap. then your poi are swinging in the same direction and you can start right into the low weave. If you do this move well it is so very smooth...------------------Care of other people's approval and you become their prisoner.Live fully, Rave wholly.Fluid are the movements of my strings...

Care of other people's approval and you become their prisoner.Live fully, Rave wholly.Fluid are the movements of my strings...

LiquidNinjamember
11 posts

Posted:
Yo, I just got the behind the back weave.. that move is so cool, but hurts my shoulders so much! The only thing now, is to be able to do it in the opposite direction, so i can do 360 degree spins smileLater--LiquidNinja--

yabyumBRONZE Member
11 posts

Posted:
Hi, I'm new to this website so maybe this move is already on here, but I know I haven't seen anybody it at a party.Let me describe it with one hand, and know that the other hand is doing the mirror (right side vs. left side) at the same time:Right hand at side swinging forward.1. On downswing, cross backside to left. (try to keep it swinging forward & back, it has a tendency to swing out to the side)2. On the next downswing on left, crossover to right, KEEP GOING on upswing, across to right side (should get there about downswing).3. On the next upswing crossover to right (getting there on downswing).4. Go back to step 1. and repeat until you drop!So the left hand is just always on the opposite side.Please try this move and let me know what you think (especially how it looks). I made it up, but you know everyone "Makes Up" moves that are just the same ones someone else is doing.Thanks.luv all peeps,Chris aka. Yab-Yum

Peregrinemember
428 posts

Posted:
continuing on with the behind the back shoulder injury...really kind of SUCKS!but i'm so close! so close!AAGEHEHAGAGHAAAAAJHHHH! stupid move! smilePere

Peregrinemember
428 posts

Posted:
continuing on with the behind the back shoulder injury...really kind of SUCKS!but i'm so close! so close!AAGEHEHAGAGHAAAAAJHHHH! stupid move! smilePere

SupermanBRONZE Member
829 posts

Posted:
Hey Yab...i am having a hard time seeing this move..Can you try to compare it to another move, or try to ezxplain it differently..Also Arlington Texas huh?? I live in Houston..you ever been to a rave down here, you probably seen me there..i always have on a superman shirt, a superman fisher hat, and my sticks are almost always yellow and red.Super'------------------"Only the warrior that hears the call will know when to leave, Where to go" -unknown

- Mark Twain

adamricepoo-bah
1,015 posts

Posted:
Yamyum--If this is the move I think it is, it is simple-looking, but was surprisingly hard for me to get down. Basically just doing crossovers alternating front and back, so that when the left hand crosses in front, the right is in back and vice-versa.It's pretty, and easy to work in with other stuff.

Laugh while you can, monkey-boy

Mr SockGOLD Member
94 posts

Posted:
Just got the btb weave! I'm strugglin with learnin it goin the other direction though. (i can only go in from backward spinning) Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Human salvation lies in the hands of the creatively maladjusted - Martin Luther King Jr.

LiquidNinjamember
11 posts

Posted:
Hey all,The way i learned the behind the back weave, was to start doing the forward weave, then start to turn to your left like your going to do a 180, but instead of a full turn, bring your right hand to the left side of your body, and continue the weave behind your back. You should be facing the other direction. I know this doesn't sound like much of an explination, but you just have to DO it. I happend to do the move late one night when i couldn't go to sleep. Like at 3 a.m. :P Once again, do a forward weave, start to do a 180 turn to your left, and instead of bringing your hands into reverse weave, bring them across your back, and try to continue the motion.hope this helps just a tad :P-LiquidNinja--=Only a true ninja, moves like the water. And only the ocean moves like the ninja=-

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
Over the shoulder toss.I am running a 50/50 at catching. That's with poi (thanks to ShawnF!! wink).With my long chain it's a toss, wrap, catch swing move.------------------Pele Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir...

Pele

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
its cool to see all of you explain the behind the back chase well... i have been at poi for about a month, but really only gotten to practice for five or so days over all (damned school!) anyways, just yesterday i got down something similar to the behind the back weave... i taught myself the behind-the-back figure eight. you all know how to do a figure eight? i ended up getting into poi before i knew about any 'technique' of anyone elses... ive come to realize how everyone else is into using the weave as their "base move"- i learned on the figure eight. anyways, i thought it might help somone out to try to bust out a behind the back fig. 8 before a weave. im working on the btb weave right now. i do got a question, though. i cant get down the five beat wave. it blows my mind! so furstrating, because i dont know what im doing wrong. i guess practice, practice, right? if you have any suggestions to make it my newest learned move, i will love you.

Chestermember
9 posts

Posted:
Okay here's my first move I "invented" although someone's probably already managed to do this , name it and perfect it...I'll give it a whirl at explaining it though....1. Both Poi are gonna be twirling horizontically below your waist at an alternating fashion2. As the left poi comes around lift up your right foot as the poi goes under. As you lift your left foot (for it to go all the way around in a circle)the right poi should go under the same foot.3.(and so on) Lift up right foot and right poi goes out from under foot and left poi goes under foot.Get it?? confusedNo, Oh well I tried.... mad:-) :-) shocked-Chester ------------------Poi - The addictiveness is overwhelming[This message has been edited by Chester (edited 10 May 2001).]

Poi - The addictiveness is overwhelming

Page: