Forums > Social Chat > Three people to dinner

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
PukSILVER Member
Sweet talented nutter
2,615 posts

Posted:
I was just wondering who would you guy's Have to dinner. It can be annyone rich , famous , past and present .

I'll go first
1. The deli lama (just cause when i've seen him smile i've always wanted to smile to )
2.Past Mohammid ali (the showman , The man the greatest man that beleived in himself ).
3. My old mate sherman (we've alway's laughted and talked about everything).

that shrewd and knavish sprite

Called Robin Good Fellow ; are you not he that is frighten of the maidens of the villagery - fairy

I am the merry wander of the night -puk

onewheeldaveGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,252 posts

Posted:
If it can be anyone from any time: -

1. The Buddha
2. The very first human being
3. the very last human being

There should be plenty to talk about.

"You can't outrun Death forever.
But you can make the Bastard work for it."

--MAJOR KORGO KORGAR,
"Last of The Lancers"
AFC 32

Educate your self in the Hazards of Fire Breathing STAY SAFE!

ValuraSILVER Member
Mumma Hen
6,391 posts

Posted:
ok....
1. Doris stokes
2. Gary Zukov
3. The Tea party

I know its more than three but I dont care cause its all about me sweetie!!

TAJ "boat mummy." VALURA "yes sweetie you went on a boat, was daddy there with you?" TAJ "no, but monkey on boat" VALURA "well then sweetie, Daddy WAS there with you"

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
Carl Sagan, Isaac Asimov, and James Watson (of Watson and Crick fame)

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura

pounceSILVER Member
All the neurotic makings of America's lesser known sweetheart
9,831 posts

Posted:
1. ani difranco
2. gloria steinem
3. the HOP family (ya ya it's more than one person but i don't care!!!)

I was always scared with my mother's obsession with the good scissors. It made me wonder if there were evil scissors lurking in the house somewhere.

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

**giggles**

AdeSILVER Member
Are we there yet?
1,897 posts

Posted:
Nice question, from people no longer walking this earth:

1. Melvin Burkhart
2. WC Grace
3. Gerald Gardner

From the current age:
1. Steve Waugh
2. Susan Norrie
3. Steve Starling

firedancingfairyenthusiast
201 posts

Posted:
1.I'd have to stay the Dalai Lama too, he would be such a lovely guest!
2.Audrey Hepburn:
She was such an amazing actor and so classy. I'm sure she'd be a very interesting guest to have.
3.Ben Harper:
He would be a great conversationalist, brilliant to have a music jam with... and great to look at

Laytinmember
111 posts

Posted:
Good question,

I would have George Washington and GWB, I think that that conversation would just be an awesome one to sit back an enjoy listening too. And a very nice young HoP woman, just cause she is sweet and it would be an interesting time to get to meet her face to face.

(edited for the obvius spelling errors)

Wisdom calls aloud in the street, she raises her voice in the public squares; at the head of noisy streets she cries out, in the gateways of the city she makes her speech:

Rouge DragonBRONZE Member
Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
if it comes to what would be interesting to sit back and observe......bush, hussein, bin laden! THAT would be interesting! .....then get the all drunk/high! ...gee im so politically correct!

i would have changed ***** to phallus, and claire to petey Petey

Rougie: but that's what I'm doing here
Arnwyn: what letting me adjust myself in your room?..don't you dare quote that on HoP...

vanizeSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,899 posts

Posted:
I'm wondering why anyone would think that GWB would be interesting at dinner (or anywhere else), no matter who else was there?

-v-

Wiederstand ist Zwecklos!

divimember
36 posts

Posted:
I love these types of self-examination questions!
For me:
1. Emma Goldman
~ the single most influential anarcha-feminist of all time
2. Eve Libertine
~ co-singer of the most influential anarcho-punk band ever: Crass
3. My best bud in the whole wide world; Andrew
~ cause no one else in my life would be half as honoured as me to talk to these people in person!
(besides, he'd kill me if he weren't invited )

Yeah, that meal would definately make my life complete.

EeraBRONZE Member
old hand
1,107 posts

Posted:
1)Gene Ha, the most amazing comics artist woking today, just so I could talk to him without doing one of those cringe-with e-mails that start "I'm your biggest fan..."
2)Volcanologist Harry Glicken, a man that left so much work behind he's stil being published ten years after his untimely death.
3)Unas, the King Arthur figure of Fifth dynasty Egypt, mainly because his heiroglyphs I did the translation of are rather rude.

There is a slight possibility that I am not actually right all of the time.

StebbinsBRONZE Member
10th degree spoon weilder
171 posts

Posted:
Hunter S. Thompson
Shannon Hoon
Malcolm.... hehe I'm such a suck up. !! Don't look at me that way... someone was bound to say it

-Beeaaatch please, I'm the macaroni with the cheese.
-This message will self destruct in 10 seconds.

Captain HazzardBRONZE Member
Ninja (shhhh, don't tell)
420 posts

Posted:
Shannon Hoon and Hunter S Thompson?

you have to invite me to your party man!

I only wanted to be 16... and free

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
Can I change my James Watson to Malcolm Crawshay?

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura

Thornmember
52 posts

Posted:
Robert Heinlein, Cass Elliott and George Guess, a.k.a. Sequoyah

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
But my dining room table, with the leaf in it, seats 6 comfortably, which means I can fit myself and 5 others!

Jesus...so that I can ask him if it was worth it.

Elizabeth I..one of the most amazing women/persons in history in my beliefs.

I am torn between Teller from Penn and Teller. He is a personal hero, so amazing. I have already met him once and was in awe.
And....
A future great-great-grand child, so that I can see what evil lineage I have wrought!
hmmmmm.....*shrug*

Oh wait...my table seats 6, so I will take them both!

I know Malcolm and I will one day share an ice cream, no problem. Same with many of the people I have become close to here on HoP...so, I would leave them off for that reason. Though that day, especially with Malcolm who is such a cherrished friend, is not soon enough!

I think the harder question would be what to serve them?

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

Narr(*) (*) .. for the gnor ;)
2,568 posts

Posted:
dalai lama..me too!!

brian froud - guy that did the puppets for labrynth and dark crystal, also fantastic faerie illustrator

and a photographer not sure which on yet..possible david la capelle (sp)

she who sees from up high smiles

Patrick badger king: *they better hope there's never a jihad on stupidity*

StebbinsBRONZE Member
10th degree spoon weilder
171 posts

Posted:
Ok Captain Hazzard is in , Malcolm is out. Sorry about that Big Daddy M. We're having Singapore slings with mescal on the side

-Beeaaatch please, I'm the macaroni with the cheese.
-This message will self destruct in 10 seconds.

firedancingfairyenthusiast
201 posts

Posted:
Brian Froud is amazing! Have you seen his website? He would be a brilliant guest... I'm inviting him to my dinner too, so he can do a portrait of all of us a fae folk! He has an absolutely beautiful book called 'Good Faeries, Bad Faeries'... you should take a peek!

Blessings

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
hmmm.....

1) Dr Suess - For his fantastic rhyming
2) Ghandi - for his perspective on life and of course we'd eat outside so I could teach him to spin poi!
3) HOP Cat - to stroke and play with and of course he(she??) would get on great with Dr Suess

But I just realised...what the hell would I cook them all?? I suppose the HOP cat would eat whiskers but what the hell would a Dr Suess eat?!!

Let's relight this forum ubblove

Narr(*) (*) .. for the gnor ;)
2,568 posts

Posted:
Dr suess!! man why didnt i think of that!!!

she who sees from up high smiles

Patrick badger king: *they better hope there's never a jihad on stupidity*

pounceSILVER Member
All the neurotic makings of America's lesser known sweetheart
9,831 posts

Posted:
quote:
Originally posted by fire dancing fairy:
Brian Froud is amazing! Have you seen his website? He would be a brilliant guest... I'm inviting him to my dinner too, so he can do a portrait of all of us a fae folk! He has an absolutely beautiful book called 'Good Faeries, Bad Faeries'... you should take a peek!

Blessings

oh i saw that book the other day! it looks awesome! i wanted to buy it but i had no money

I was always scared with my mother's obsession with the good scissors. It made me wonder if there were evil scissors lurking in the house somewhere.

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

**giggles**

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
If you like Good Fairies/Bad Fairies (own it, it is a favorite in my art book collection), you should try his Pressed Fairy Book. Holy cow that thing is a riot! Someone stole mine

If I were to have Froud to dinner, I would then want his antithesis... H.R. Giger. That would be an interesting to listen to that conversation!

And Shel Silverstein with Theodor Geisel (aka Dr. Suess)...oh now that would be fun!

If you had Geisel over for dinner, would it not then be funny (though prolly not original) to serve green eggs and ham?

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

PukSILVER Member
Sweet talented nutter
2,615 posts

Posted:
I dont know if i could handel haveing froud there . I'd try to lay down and tell him everything about my life .

But anyway i thought i'd restart this thread cause i asked the lovely Moonpixie . And she replyed basically me myself and i.

Meaning her past self at 10
herself now
And herself at 80 just to see her path she'd traveled and she will travel.

Called Robin Good Fellow ; are you not he that is frighten of the maidens of the villagery - fairy

dj_retromember
87 posts

Posted:
MAN! These post are so awesome! I love getting to know what makes all of you tick.

1: Shakespear...and not only for his infulence on the english language or anything, but I've got some real personaly questions to ask him...*mumbles something about the bible*

B: There are a lot of really great modern day actors or directors, Johnny Depp...Steven S...Robbin Williams...Bruce Willis...George Lucas... there are jsut to many to chose from.

III: My soul mate...I would love to know who she is...............

<( ' ' )>
Fear the Kirby

headspintotalmember
80 posts

Posted:
id invite bush blair and saddam. then id leave and let them fight it out between themselves.
result: the rest of the world gets left out of their squabble. im so clever i should be a playstation tester!

telicI don't want a title.
940 posts

Posted:
Michel de Montaigne ("I consider myself an average man..." and "He is, as he says everywhere, an ordinary man. He persuades you of his ordinariness on every page. You cannot help but believe him in this; he is, above all else, an honest and candid man. And here is the marvel of his book: if Montaigne is an ordinary man, then what an encouragement, what a piece of work is, after all, an ordinary man! You cannot help but hope.")
Philippe Petit ("When I see three oranges, I juggle; when I see two towers, I walk.")
Moses Maimonides ("From Moses to Moses, there was no one like Moses.")

E pluribus unum, baby.

GnorBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
5,814 posts

Posted:
I will settle for my fave HoP chatroom buddies.......now which ones......Arrrgghhh..cant choose ....can I have 5....

Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

Im in a lonely battle with the world with a fish to match the chip on my shoulder. Gnu in Binnu in a cnu

PukSILVER Member
Sweet talented nutter
2,615 posts

Posted:
People your missing the point i'd like reasons as well . And only three (i know its tough) .

LuxBRONZE Member
71 posts

Posted:
difficult one....

(i'd love to invite brian froud and talk to him about his work as i went to a book signing of his in cornwall the other day and failed to say anything whilst he doodeled a lil face in my book and signed it *swoon* it'd be nice to actually talk through the awe y'know?)

more resonably :

1) myself as a child - too many things blurred and distorted by time, it'd be so cathartic to talk to myself as a child see what i was really like.

2) oh well ! Brian Froud... cause both me and mini me would get a kick out of it.

3) someone high up in NASA who i could kidnapp then force him into letting me go into space wink or i could just bveg but i dont think that would be nearly so effective.

Page: