Forums > Social Chat > Mrmo the Science Guy...

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
NYC_not_PKOne Tyred Guy
203 posts

Posted:
I just got back from a week long chem teachers conference and (surprise, surprise) we spent a bunch of time talking about glowstick chemistry and (yes, you guessed it) fire.I won't post the articles as they are way too big but I will be happy to be a resource for any questions on the topic and will send you copies if desired. [Warning, these articles can act as POWERFUL sedatives if read by those who are not science geeks...]The first article went explained, in detail, the exact chemical mechanism by which "cyalume" glowsticks glow [It's all about the 9,10-bis(phenylethynyl)antracene baby...] and includes an absorbtion and emmision spectrum for the dye.The second article contains information on burning transition metal salts (flame tests) to get pretty colors. It gives exact emmision spectra for all of the major colored ions. Which reminds me, how come more of y'all don't color your flame for the pictures you post? I mean, orange flame is SOooo last millenium...Anyway, if any other geeks out there are interested, let me know.I regret to inform you that I was unable to find any literature with information on doing a 5 beat-weave or assembling sparkly poi. wink

PK is a god.. i love the Peeekster.

.:PK:. [poiinthepark founder member]

Educate your self in the Hazards of Fire Breathing smileSTAY SAFE! hug

NYC_not_PKOne Tyred Guy
203 posts

Posted:
...Realizing that the only way Mrmo was gonna get to see a hot chick naked this summer was to become one he jumped the next flight out of Fire Island to Los Angeles. Unfortunately, the plastic surgery was tragicly botched and, upon removing the bandages, realized that he now looked like... RICK! Unable to go on, he quickly drank a deadly poison he had obtained from Tiki... as the snowglobe crashes from his hand and our hero colapses to the floor we zoom in on his lips only to hear the enigmatic phrase..."SPARKLY POI..."

PK is a god.. i love the Peeekster.

.:PK:. [poiinthepark founder member]

Educate your self in the Hazards of Fire Breathing smileSTAY SAFE! hug

Page: