originalsmitSILVER Member
addict
469 posts
Location: nottingham, england. cornwall wales denmark or pra...

Posted:
well i went to the carnival of souls yesterday, big bondage and fetish event in derby, it was very very cool. so in pvc trousers and v tight little top i bought a couple of glowsicks, attatched them to my poi handles and strings and went for a dance, never been in a nightclub with poii before. they were too light so i added a couple of keys (yes house keys) to my poi for weight. some guy starts doing poi right next to me with not enough room and my poi bounce of his and hit me square in the forehead i am sweating till it runs down my face so i toptally fail to notice the fact that blood is running down my face and dripping off my nose. so i continue to dance. when exhausted i go and sit down to the horrified looks on my freinds faces with a christ what have u done look on their faces, washed it off took another bitof mushroom tea and carried on going.
ce la vie.

my original signature was tooo long.
this one is shorter

funkymonkymember
192 posts

Posted:
i would get bitchy about people who poi really close to you thinking it'll be funny or cool or somehting, but i don't have anyone to poi with

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
Ouch! Sorry to hear that dude! Usually poi spinners will be the most decent about giving room.

It's those clubbers that see me spinning alone in a corner and still walk into my stix that drive me up a wall. Are they not familiar with the concept of solid objects? Or are they just to stoned to care..

I have to admit, I do get a little bit of 'road rage' when I'm at a club with plenty of room and people crowd me while spinning. Especially since I'm always in the lest obstrusive spot in the room.

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

DeimosBRONZE Member
Cinnamon Girl
191 posts

Posted:
At least now we know that house key poi is an effective weapon!^-~ Sorry to hear about that, glad it didn't blind you with pain or anything

P*L*U*R

Kinudin (Soul Fyre)veteran
1,325 posts

Posted:
quote:
Originally posted by Deimos:
At least now we know that house key poi is an effective weapon!^-~ Sorry to hear about that, glad it didn't blind you with pain or anything
Glad it didn't bind you with pain? Heh, thank god it didn't blind you from sight! That's stupid. If there was enough room to spin around you, they should have let you spin in peace.

Personally, I like to have a spinning area of at least 6 feet (about 2 meters) so I can move around a bit and do long arm moves.

*hands you a giant band-aid with candy on the side*
Kinudin

EeraBRONZE Member
old hand
1,107 posts

Posted:
The blood would have looked really cool with the PVC though.

There is a slight possibility that I am not actually right all of the time.

DentrassiGOLD Member
ZORT!
3,045 posts

Posted:
in that close an environment i restrain myself to buzzsaw derivated moives - at least keep them to that chain length. your less likely to injure anyone else or yourself and it still looks cool!

"Here kitty kitty...." - Schroedinger.

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
if im spinnig in a club (and its kind of rare, my clubbin mates aint spinners!) and another spinner comes over to me and joins in, i do when me NYC, temest did in the pub post sheff PIP when we all took it in turns to spin, due to congined space and local!

ask them if they wanna do that, tell them to back off for a min, than they can have a go while you wait to see what they can do, and half descent spinner will say ok, and let you be for a min or two!

Step (el-nombrie)

DentrassiGOLD Member
ZORT!
3,045 posts

Posted:
i though i would highlight one of the better phrases from mech's post....

quote:
i do when me NYC, temest did in the pub post sheff PIP

DentrassiGOLD Member
ZORT!
3,045 posts

Posted:
my god.... im turning into C@ntus...