originalsmitSILVER Member
addict
469 posts
Location: nottingham, england. cornwall wales denmark or pra...

Posted:
I have a a cunning plan its like this poi round the world thingy, ive started doing poi in my lunchbreaks at nottingham castle, and people start throwing money at me, i didnt think i was that good, i may be wrong.
so the idea is on jan the first to leave with my mate jordan and his bongos and poi round europe, i figure i can earn enough on the streets of one capital city to get to the next one, with fire and all that, oh yeah i constructed an evil set of fire poi this morning, half chain leading to half flammable rope wick leading to 4 inch heads.
freinds are on a parafin hunt now so i should be able to try after i get used to the weight for an hour or two.
yeah so all you people in paris brussels berlin madrid etc etc keep an eye out for me as of that date, ill be keeping a record and ill see if i can put it up on my website....which i dont have yet.
i basically plan to see how far two men two poi and a set of bongos can go on their own steam.
china?
passage to the states?
we will see.
anyone else tried this? how did it go.
smit

my original signature was tooo long.
this one is shorter

nightsdarkchildmember
84 posts

Posted:
good luck! i wish i had the curage for such an adventure.

we could live beside the ocean leave the fire behind
swim out past the breakers watch the world die

Itsgottabmember
244 posts

Posted:
young man may your trip be a pleasure and inspire a band of merry poi spinning tramps across our beautiful lands. bye bye

Benjaminmember
39 posts

Posted:
If you make it to the states, you have a place to stay in Louisville, KY... as long as you'll let me come out to play with you. Best of luck to you, and I hope I get a chance to try that some day.

AjtagThe occasional one...
445 posts

Posted:
hey yr spinning in the castle at lunch.... il come find you... at lunch... see you then..

for parrafin stones on mansfield is my supplier not too bad about £3 for 4 liters + can.

i will bring you some when i come down as i have loads at the mo...

There are 10 types of people, those who understand binary and those who dont.
Enjoy - A

AjtagThe occasional one...
445 posts

Posted:
hey i couldnt find you....

There are 10 types of people, those who understand binary and those who dont.
Enjoy - A

originalsmitSILVER Member
addict
469 posts
Location: nottingham, england. cornwall wales denmark or pra...

Posted:
sorry dude, be online still, please i could do with someone to message while im still at work, like i say 4 o'clock tomorrow is good i will DEFINITLY BE THERE.

CHEERS FOR NOW

my original signature was tooo long.
this one is shorter

RixatrixBRONZE Member
paranoid of gov't conspiracies
217 posts

Posted:
good luck on your trip! you have to keep us posted on how it went when you get back or whenever!

telicI don't want a title.
940 posts

Posted:
Good luck! Sounds like fun. You'll make many friends along the way, I'm sure. Be sure to come say hi if you pass through New York. ^^

E pluribus unum, baby.

Cyberstarmember
5 posts

Posted:
Have fun

CyberStar :love:

Astarmember
1,591 posts

Posted:
The only problem I see with those wicks is it sounds like a lot more weight on kevlar rope then typical fire ropes/fire snakes. So they are more likely to snap after they start to burn down. Just make sure you inspect the rope a lot and replace it if you feel it's not safe.

Matthew B-MLemon-Aware Devilstick-wielding Operative
605 posts

Posted:
I haven't noticed any problems with my fire ropes (though I've only spun them a few times), which sound pretty similar. I have a smallish knot at the top, 15"(380mm) of rope, and then a 2 finger monkeyfist. The whole lot is made out of one piece of 5/8"(19mm) diameter rope. They last around 5 mins, and air-wrap beautifully.

Luv 'n' Lemons
purity :: clarity :: balance

Foraumember
81 posts

Posted:
Hehe, sounds like baldrick from black adder "the cunning plan".
It is a good idea, only I think I should have some backup money just in case.

Succes!