a) Airwolf

b) Knightrider

give reasons.

"You can't outrun Death forever.
But you can make the Bastard work for it."

--MAJOR KORGO KORGAR,
"Last of The Lancers"
AFC 32

Educate your self in the Hazards of Fire Breathing STAY SAFE!

fire heartmember
33 posts

Posted:
lol..... ok, arguments aside, street hawk was pants!!! but im still going with kniterider.
long burn the street hawk

musashiistarring Skippy the green llama
1,148 posts

Posted:
yeh I'm bored...just to point out tho, AirWolf still remains the reigning champ eh

First intention, then enlightenment..
Ars Pyronomica

" Life is programmed. Whether death is programmed or not is yet to be determined."

completesociopathmember
8 posts

Posted:
u people r avin a laugh - both wer crap - really crap whereas STREETHAWK kicked ass! Firstly he'd waste kniterider with the red laser beam whilst down on the tank, then whilst power wheelying away from the explosion would blow airwolf clean outta the sky with a missile! by far the most superior machine!

onewheeldaveGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,252 posts

Posted:
quote:
Originally posted by completesociopath:
...Firstly he'd waste kniterider with the red laser beam whilst down on the tank, then whilst power wheelying away from the explosion would blow airwolf clean outta the sky with a missile! by far the most superior machine!
Just like to point out that the thread, despite some of the later posts, was actually about which series (Airwolf or Knightrider) was the best.
i.e. not which machine would win in a fight.

--MAJOR KORGO KORGAR,
"Last of The Lancers"
AFC 32

completesociopathmember
8 posts

Posted:
Yeah but how crap is that! You people have way waaaay 2 much time on ur hands! "oooo i know lets talk about cheesy 80s crap!" im only here outta curiosity - and the fact that im stuck indoors with a laptop, terrestrial tv and one long, mean detox!

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
quote:
Originally posted by completesociopath:
You people have way waaaay 2 much time on ur hands! "oooo i know lets talk about cheesy 80s crap!" im only here outta curiosity - and the fact that im stuck indoors with a laptop, terrestrial tv and one long, mean detox!
yep, that's what i do when i have nothing else to do - visit random message boards and post humourless comments on topics i care little about.
looks like you're the one with so much time that you don't know what to do with it.

suggestion box:
turn the tv off.
ring a friend, go outside, read a book, juggle, do some exercise, use the internet to learn five useful things (which takes longer then you might think), clean your house, catch up on sleep, write a letter and a few emails, plan your retox.

anyway, streethawk would have got its ass kicked by kit.
if you're comparing machines then kit is the only one that could f*ck shit up without a person to help.
so he wins.

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
i come to 'dis cafe quite a lot myself.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

Narr(*) (*) .. for the gnor ;)
2,568 posts

Posted:
*skips over to completesociopath and slaps duct tape across his mouth in an attempt to stop the verbal diarrhea*

commence discussions - my view Knightrider all the way!

she who sees from up high smiles

Patrick badger king: *they better hope there's never a jihad on stupidity*

SlightlySingedGOLD Member
82 posts

Posted:
:sigh: one more vote for airwolf. I do remember, though, that nearly everyone else at school liked knightrider. I still don't know why. Small brains, maybe. Seriously, a talking car? What if you didn't have enough money for a prompt service? It'd start complaining at you. "Hey, don't you think you should be taking me to get serviced?" hahaha It gives a whole new meaning to being married to your car.

:snicker:

Now that I've bagged the talking car thingy, Airwolf was a much higher production show. Get a dude with a funny voice, a cheap imported car, some flashing lights, and hey presto, you have knight rider. A helicopter is a whole other ballgame. Like.. a harder ballgame.. to play.. Hurling, damn it. Airwolf is irish hurling, knightrider is american football. (if you're an american and insulted, look up hurling online, check out a game, then come talk about ball games to get hurt in)

ho hum..

I do poi nearly every day. But it's not like I'm addicted or anything. I mean, sure, I am always conscious of exactly where my poi are at all times, but I'm not obsessed. um.. Anyone have the number for Poi-ers Anon?

vanizeSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,899 posts

Posted:
Gary Coleman votes "knightrider"!

Non-Https Image Link

-v-

Wiederstand ist Zwecklos!

ultra violet goblynmember
10 posts

Posted:
it was all c-r-a-p bring back dr-who

he's not the messiah ,hes a very naughty boy

onewheeldaveGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,252 posts

Posted:
quote:
Originally posted by vanize:
Gary Coleman votes "knightrider"!
But he also liked Airwolf!

Non-Https Image Link

--MAJOR KORGO KORGAR,
"Last of The Lancers"
AFC 32

1,148 posts

Posted:
hehe, if you would have colored him in n got the lighting right, j00 would have mad props

quote:
Originally posted by coleman:
anyway, streethawk would have got its ass kicked by kit.
if you're comparing machines then kit is the only one that could f*ck shit up without a person to help.
so he wins.

wtf?!? kit had noo offensive weapons, he mebbe could have taken a pimped out bike, but a full attack class heli? you're off your gourd

Ars Pyronomica

" Life is programmed. Whether death is programmed or not is yet to be determined."

Aguamember
67 posts

Posted:
Are you guys and gals the same bunch that would debate over Voltron and Thundercats???

But on topic, gosh, I'm hard pressed. One of my favorite drawings as a child was one my cousin did of Kitt that I colored in. But then, I remember playing Airwolf on Commodore 64. Jeepers, I just don't know.

It's been such a long time since I've seen either those shows, so maybe my vote should be considered void. But I have to go with... explosions, I like explosions...fire is good..and lots of it...explosions...

with Airwolf.

And I just thought of something, and would like an answer: what's the female equivalent to "bloke"?

Agua

Amateurs practice something until they get it right; professionals practice until they can't get it wrong.

SlightlySingedGOLD Member
82 posts

Posted:
Sheila (not sure of spelling)

I do poi nearly every day. But it's not like I'm addicted or anything. I mean, sure, I am always conscious of exactly where my poi are at all times, but I'm not obsessed. um.. Anyone have the number for Poi-ers Anon?

ultra violet goblynmember
10 posts

Posted:
soddit just bring back the dungeons and dragons cartoon

he's not the messiah ,hes a very naughty boy

vanizeSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,899 posts

Posted:
quote:
But he also liked Airwolf!
That picture is an obvious fake - everyone knows Gary Coleman is right-handed! Ergo, he is extremely unlikely to give a "thumbs up" with his left hand.

QED

(the vanize superslueth is on duty)

-v-

Wiederstand ist Zwecklos!

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
quote:
Originally posted by musashii:
wtf?!? kit had noo offensive weapons, he mebbe could have taken a pimped out bike, but a full attack class heli? you're off your gourd
okay, i know we're supposed to be comparing shows but i liked both so i'm going for machine vs. machine.

if you parked kit and airwolf in the same car park and then get michael and the airwolf crew into a bar for a few beers i reckon you'd come out to find airwolf in a crumpled heap.

that helicopter ain't shit without a person to fly it and another to shoot all the fancy rockets and stuff.
whereas kit, although he has no weapons, could ram the hell out of the chopper while its sitting on the ground, like the big dumb inanimate cow that it is, and come out with barely a scratch.

my closing argument is that kit is superior due to his subsequent part in 'boy meets world' as the headteacher of a high school.
the make-up department do a wonderful job hiding the red flashy strip (i believe it is disguised with a moustache) and thus transform an old firebird into an ageing gentleman with a funny voice.

i don't see the helicopter from airwolf appearing in any late nineties american slice of life children's comedy shows...

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

onewheeldaveGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,252 posts

Posted:
quote:
Originally posted by Agua:

And I just thought of something, and would like an answer: what's the female equivalent to "bloke"?

blokess.

--MAJOR KORGO KORGAR,
"Last of The Lancers"
AFC 32

onewheeldaveGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,252 posts

Posted:
quote:
Originally posted by vanize:
That picture is an obvious fake - everyone knows Gary Coleman is right-handed! Ergo, he is extremely unlikely to give a "thumbs up" with his left hand.

Damn!

--MAJOR KORGO KORGAR,
"Last of The Lancers"
AFC 32

1,148 posts

Posted:
quote:
okay, i know we're supposed to be comparing shows but i liked both so i'm going for machine vs. machine.
hear hear, I think that everyone can agree that were Knightrider and Airwolf to come on the tele right now, it would stay locked on Airwolf

quote:

if you parked kit and airwolf in the same car park and then get michael and the airwolf crew into a bar for a few beers i reckon you'd come out to find airwolf in a crumpled heap.
thats weak You could place Kit beside anything that didn't have someone operating it n he might be able to mess it up, but it's not exactly a real fight(ie machine vs. machine utilizing the FULL capabilities of each) izzit??

quote:

that helicopter ain't shit without a person to fly it and another to shoot all the fancy rockets and stuff.
whereas kit, although he has no weapons, could ram the hell out of the chopper while its sitting on the ground, like the big dumb inanimate cow that it is, and come out with barely a scratch.

see above..n the fact remains,

Airwolf - 4+ rockets, n a vulcan mini gun
Kit - nice AI, turbo boost, n a nice little red flashy light

quote:

i don't see the helicopter from airwolf appearing in any late nineties american slice of life children's comedy shows...
I don't see many cool video games coming out of Knightrider either, come to think of it..Who wants to drive a stoopid car around all day when you can't even shoot anything?

Ars Pyronomica

1,148 posts

Posted:
double posts, eck

[ 22. October 2003, 07:34: Message edited by: musashii ]

Ars Pyronomica

arashiPooh-Bah
2,364 posts

Posted:
airwolf. you could put fire on the end of the blades and do a fire show. with rockets to shoot down the drunk newbies that come up afterward and want to borrow your chains so they can show you how good they are after only a year
parking lot nothin. put airwolf on auto pilot five feet in the air and climb down a rope to get down and poor widdle kit would just be driving back and forth underneath him trying to ram the air. "take this car exhaust, feind!!" OOOoooOOOoooh scary.
plus you could fit waaaaay more girls in airwolf. more girls good

david hasselhoff shudders
that guy is singlehandedly responsible for the current military industrial complex's stranglehold on the free thinking world. somehow. i can feel it.

-Such a price the gods exact for song: to become what we sing
-Seek freedom and become captive of your desires. Seek discipline and find your liberty.
-When the center of the storm does not move, you are in its path.

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
quote:
thats weak You could place Kit beside anything that didn't have someone operating it n he might be able to mess it up, but it's not exactly a real fight(ie machine vs. machine utilizing the FULL capabilities of each) izzit??[qb]
machine vs. machine is kit versus airwolf, not kit versus airwolf and two humans in control of it!
that would be machine vs. machine-human-human which blatently isn't a fair fight.

quote:
Originally posted by arashi:
[QB] parking lot nothin. put airwolf on auto pilot five feet in the air and climb down a rope to get down and poor widdle kit would just be driving back and forth underneath him trying to ram the air. "take this car exhaust, feind!!" OOOoooOOOoooh scary.

kit would turbo boost it's ass out of the sky.
or just sit back and wait for airwolf to run out of kerosene and watch it fall into the aformentioned crumpled heap.
he would definitely use the word 'fiend' though.

quote:
plus you could fit waaaaay more girls in airwolf. more girls good
okay, airwolf wins

so did anyone ever die in airwolf?
was it proper or was it like the a-team whereby all weapons were fitted with anti-fatality devices (something that world leaders really should consider)?

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

onewheeldaveGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,252 posts

Posted:
quote:

so did anyone ever die in airwolf?
was it proper or was it like the a-team whereby all weapons were fitted with anti-fatality devices (something that world leaders really should consider)?

Airwolf had a respectable body count.

--MAJOR KORGO KORGAR,
"Last of The Lancers"
AFC 32

Wizz-er-pops
206 posts

Posted:
I know this is only the opinion of a girl but I thought the Knightrider rocked.

Airwolf was boring.

Poi... it's an obsession.

1,148 posts

Posted:
quote:
anti-fatality devices

ahhh, the good old days, when you had shows with 10,000+ rounds of ammunition fired, and no one was killed. Or the days of CHIPS, when the first thing they did to the person with a neck or spinal injury was _move_ them. Or when ANY vehicle flipped over or was ran into by ANYTHING, it blew up, including milk trucks. And mullets were in style.. Oh wait! they still are here.

Ars Pyronomica

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
quote:
10,000+ rounds of ammunition fired
from a six-shooter.
without reloading.

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

FrodoBRONZE Member
old hand
1,092 posts

Posted:
Airwolf, i so want that helo!

passing through, this world still lives.

PsyriSILVER Member
artisan
1,576 posts

Posted:
Airwolf... teh hasselhof is an obnoxious greasy freakozoid

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
 Written by: ultra violet goblyn

soddit just bring back the dungeons and dragons cartoon

I worship this statement.