Forums > Social Discussion

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ...
Posted: by
Last Reply by
Views: 2,888    Replies: 3
"When you want to light your poi (Cathedral) for the first time, is there a demo video that shows the complete process?Is there a diagram that shows the poi wick and the best place to li..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,514    Replies: 3
"Greetings HOP, my name is matt and I am an amateur fire breather. By amateur I mean that I haven't starting using real fuel(I heard paraffin is the best choice) I practice with water an..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,776    Replies: 1
"im pretty muscular and I cant seem to do the moves taking more flexibility ( waist wraps ) like my arm muscles plus back muscles are in the way it wont go that far. Im wondering if anyo..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,893    Replies: 3
"What does this mean?"Superrrr techie! Nice work though :)"Like when you use the word "tech" in reference to a poi performance?"
Views: 2,299    Replies: 0
"Hi,My Name is Rik Hinton and i have started a fire spinning group in Vanuatu (south Pacific) if your Near or doing an around the world trip, come and stop by! The group do 8 shows a wee..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,087    Replies: 1
"I am looking to find other people in the Glasgow area who can teach me poi. Or perhaps hang out and share tips skills. I am new to this and want to meet like minded folk near by?"
Views: 2,132    Replies: 0
"Hi there! We are couple of advanced spinners searching for buddies in Aberdeen City (or nearby surroundings) who want to practise in the group and want to enjoying fellowship without th..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,039    Replies: 3
"hello allI am new to this I have been spinning for around 7 months and I have my 1st show on in 2 weeks and It is a pirate them and I have no idea for music anyone got some suggestions ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,491    Replies: 3
"Just wondering guy n gals does anyone know of any licenses for performing to the public?"
Last Reply by
Views: 1,634    Replies: 1
"Hi guys!I just tried to get on contact juggling.org and it's down. Does anyone know if that's permanent, if that happens more frequent and for how long it's been down?Thanks, Flo"
Last Reply by
Views: 3,141    Replies: 1
"Hello all! I'm writing a magazine article on poi - more specifically fire spinning. I was wondering if anyone had any interesting stories or vox pox that they'd like to post here in ord..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,473    Replies: 1
"just want to get some feedback i am doing a fire show in a couple of weeksjust want to know what you guys reckon it is a pirate them arty but not to sure what kind of music to go with i..."
Views: 3,092    Replies: 0
"Boing boing!We're looking for female performers for an event in Carlisle on the 23rd of November, specifically poi and hula hoop (fire) and also for a spot on stage with a DJ.We're base..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,465    Replies: 1
"Hi all,Please note that this query is specific to UK.I was donated some fuel for fire breathing, which i have now exhausted and I need some more for a photoshoot I have coming up.. Cou..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,155    Replies: 2
"Hey spinners, I thought it was about time we had a thread made in honor and memory of someone we all loved, respected and looked up to: Burning or Watermelon Dan, which ever you knew hi..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,894    Replies: 2
"HiI haven't posted on here in forever, I have been really neglecting my poi and so I have to start practising stuff all over again, which really sucks because I was terrible to begin w..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,581    Replies: 1
"Looking to buy a Fire poi and there are so many options, knots, etc. Looking for some advice as for the best one to go with! Thank you,D"
Last Reply by
Views: 6,013    Replies: 2
"Hi everyone, I'm looking into adding some Steel wool to my staff to make it sparkle, but I have no clue how to make it work. I read mention of some sort of "Cage" to make a sp..."
Last Reply by
Views: 428,118    Replies: 464
"Are you against the war in afghanistan, and against war in general?Well, I would like your help. please send an email to agressivepacifist@hotmail.com if you would like to contribute t..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,226    Replies: 3
"Hi i have just started fire breathing i know its bad for me and all that. i play it safe i use paffine wax witch i think is better i wipe my face after i spit and take a swig i have a f..."
Last Reply by
Views: 57,410    Replies: 117
"if there was a quarterly spinning magazine full of loads of technical articles pretty pictures up and coming festivals around the globe for the quarter, interviews and all the other thi..."
Last Reply by
Views: 13,972    Replies: 15
"Hello.I am interested in buying poi to start training spins.However, I have no idea which is the most recomended. Derek Faughn's Poi (cone poi, I guess?) look very interesting, but stil..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,726    Replies: 1
"what happened to users online?"
Last Reply by
Views: 2,975    Replies: 6
"http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQHfpwcnYqc&list=UUykb7ZY1UVgBF401Ir56OxwI want to create one of these staffs, but I cannot find it in any shops and I don't know how they actually ma..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,483    Replies: 3
"So, I recently started to learn the art of fire-eating (after much reasearch) and today I ate my first flame!!!!!!! Anyway, tomorrow I am getting braces on the top and bottom, and I w..."
Last Reply by
Views: 4,914    Replies: 1
"Hi friends--Just for fun, I whipped up a survey pertaining to how members of the flow community think of/develop their skill sets between vertically (a narrow, but deep master of a few ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 5,386    Replies: 2
"Hey Guys, Just a word out to all the dragon staff twirlers. We have been working hard on a new design for everyone, and have finally got it down. You can check it out and pre-order on o..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,782    Replies: 12
" I saw this and thought of homeofpoi =)"
Last Reply by
Views: 2,497    Replies: 1
"i bought the new stealth ninja v3s. i love em. only problem is im used to spinning contact poi and the weight on the ninja just isnt doin it for me. i really dnt wanna just glue a bunch..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,019    Replies: 4
"Hello!I am writing a research paper regarding modern poi history. I can not seem to find information anywhere about when the first LED poi came into existence. I am looking for the sp..."
Last Reply by
Views: 29,587    Replies: 62
"I do have severe problems to understand, why someone would get into, or stay in an abusive relationship...Reading this didn't really make it clear to me, even though I do understand th..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,584    Replies: 2
"Hi guys, wondered if anyone has settings for camera setups to photograph LED Poi so you get the effect of the tails on them ?tips welcomed"
Last Reply by
Views: 36,553    Replies: 75
"There's a theory that America's hostility towards Iran has nothing to do with nuclear weapons, but is a result of Iran's plans to set up the first oil market that will trade in Euros in..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,760    Replies: 1
"Hey Guys,Flowarts.net is undergoing a massive overhaul and redesign right now, and we are looking for a few people to join our team.If you are serious about wanting to fill a larger rol..."
Last Reply by
Views: 5,949    Replies: 12
"Do spinning need stars, masteres, idols, icons or legends ?Do spinning need someone to look up to ?Do you have one ?Would you tell ?Would you tell why ?Do you thing the aswer is no ?Can..."
Last Reply by
Views: 5,783    Replies: 16
"Many people aren't aware that the Christianity has a long tradition of the kind of introspective spirituality more usually associated with buddhism and eastern religions.Personally I fe..."
Views: 2,141    Replies: 0
"Hey there!I'm not an often guest here at this forum, but just I wanted to share my story hoping it might inspire someone and to thank this site and the people here So, everything starte..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,259    Replies: 2
"I've just started out meteor poi and I need help finding out the name of a trick I saw a performer do. It involved spinning the poi continuously around one hand so it rotated over and u..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,563    Replies: 1
"Whatever happened to the ninja poi? ive been waiting to buy a pair for a few months and now they are unavailable on the website? will they ever be put back up again? the V3s were very v..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,067    Replies: 1
"Merry xmass to everybody ! love and light,:R"
Last Reply by
Views: 15,006    Replies: 49
"Sooo, what did everyone make of Live Earth?While we can all appreciate the cause, there's certainly mixed opinions on the hypocrisy of it all, and even the motivations of some of the ev..."
Last Reply by
Views: 14,219    Replies: 37
"Bex asked me to post here as she heard an evil rumour that McDonalds owned Pret a Manger. For those of you who don't know Pret a Manger - its a UK sandwich chain that sells mediocre foo..."
Last Reply by
Views: 57,013    Replies: 183
"Election day in the US.7 days.Like it or not.Storm's a comin'. Get ready for a lawsuit filled election won by Mr. Bush. Hey, don't blame me, most of you all aren't voting against him...."
Last Reply by
Views: 17,014    Replies: 37
"Last weekend I'd a discussion with some friends about anti - subcultures. There are a lot of subcultures who are anti commercial. Our conclusion was: There's a market for every subcultu..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,552    Replies: 12
"O.k so here I am sat in the lovely land of OZ, where yesterday they had elections, and needless to say the evil, war mongering, proven liar john howard gets back in ????In the UK Blair ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 21,907    Replies: 56
"McDonalds is the largest toy company in the world, selling or giving away more than 1.5 billion toys.McDonalds is now the biggest purchaser of satellite photography; to hunt down school..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,806    Replies: 21
"If I was to say "I wrote a poem today", how many people would believe me. Okay, now lets say I entitled that piece "Decmoracy", would U believe me then? No.. didn't think so. But here i..."
Views: 1,307    Replies: 0
"hello homeofpoi forums...if you are a spinner on youtube who would like to trade knolegde or just check oout someone new... burnoutzilla@youtube.com iv got several fire spinning vids a..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,582    Replies: 3
"Hi there Just got to Australia on a working holiday visa and will be in Sydney for at least 2 weeks! Where do you guys gather? Would be cool to spin some "
Last Reply by
Views: 22,689    Replies: 34
"http://www.abc.net.au/news/newsitems/200512/s1531243.htmWritten by:The Pentagon plans to launch a $US300 million operation to place pro-American messages in foreign media and on items s..."
Page: ...

HOP Newsletter