trimee30BRONZE Member
11 posts

Posted:
Just wondering guy n gals does anyone know of any licenses for performing to the public?

ABOBer92SILVER Member
ABOB - Pois'n'us
178 posts

Posted:
the ones you need will change based on what youre doing and where you are doing it; cities as well as countries can have different laws to other cities/countries and public performances can have different licenses to private performances (private performances are legally counted as being performed to the public despite having limited access to see it)

for busking you'll need a busking license (might be called a number of things including street performing license and sometimes theyre tiered based on the risk assessment of the act) for an event you (or the event organiser if its not you) will need an entertainment license, if youre doing fire then theres sometimes limits but most places just need a risk assessment by an official inspecter...just realising i could go on for a while, might be easier if you say where youre performing and what sort of act+event it is

I dont want to be called 'the greatest' or 'one of the greats'; let other guys claim to be the best. I just want to be known as a clown, to me thats the height of my profession. It means you can do everything-sing, dance, and above all, make people laugh

trimee30BRONZE Member
11 posts

Posted:
Well what it is me and some people where lookong at doijg it for a bit of extra cash put adds up on gumtree and on facebook so could b from someones backyard to people's work functions and so on

ABOBer92SILVER Member
ABOB - Pois'n'us
178 posts

Posted:
ok id say public liability insurance is the only one that i can guarantee you'll need as entertainment license will be covered by whoever hires you

you need to check fire permits and if official inspections need to be done at each show, without saying what city youre from id say talk to the fire department but tbh many people arent sure if the paperwork/legal side of things so double check it.

those are the main 3 that you will need 99.9% of the time, again many cities have their own laws on these things (not to mention ambiguity between states/countries laws) so without knowing where you are the best i can do is say the ones required most often.

I dont want to be called 'the greatest' or 'one of the greats'; let other guys claim to be the best. I just want to be known as a clown, to me thats the height of my profession. It means you can do everything-sing, dance, and above all, make people laugh