Forums > Social Chat > What helps you when you get frustrated?

Login/Join to Participate

Cieuxstranger
2 posts

Posted:
What helps you get over, or calm down when or if you get a little frustrated when you're practicing poi or other arts?

I'm just curious as to what helps other people out.

Personally I'll try and lay back and meditate for a short moment, or y'know.. have a nice cigarette break.

(:

"There are only two mistakes one can make along the road to truth; not going all the way, and not starting."

Man_in_the_maskBRONZE Member
specializes in the potentially insane
130 posts

Posted:
a cigarette helps a little. though what i find helps a little to settle said frustration is to go back to what you already know and have down for a little while before challenging yourself again with something new. i find myself doing it constantly. only drawback is you occasionally find yourself spending longer than you want to in your "comfort zone"

"We all wear masks, and the time comes when we cannot remove them without removing some of our own skin..."

ABOBer92SILVER Member
ABOB - Pois'n'us
178 posts

Posted:
first off i push myself to try just ignore the frustration, if that doesnt work then stick on a random song i like and either go to simple moves or have a cig/rest, once the song is done im usually frustration free and able to jump back in to whatever it was

I dont want to be called 'the greatest' or 'one of the greats'; let other guys claim to be the best. I just want to be known as a clown, to me thats the height of my profession. It means you can do everything-sing, dance, and above all, make people laugh

CharlesBRONZE Member
Corporate Circus Arts Entertainer
3,989 posts

Posted:
It all depends on what you are doing. Chill with some moves you have down solid and then go into research mode...

Calmly and slowly attempt the new move and take note where it breaks down. Is it your left hand?right wrist? Tangles inthe tails etc.

If you can isolate that aspect of the move and repeat til you have it solid. This may mean only spinning one poi for a while as you train the part of your body that isn't as solid.

It might merely mean using sock poi instead of tailed poi etc etc etc.

Does that help?

HoP Posting Guidelines
* Is it the Truth?
* Is it Fair to all concerned?
* Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
* Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

tracethefaceBRONZE Member
angry turtle
101 posts

Posted:
bejeweled.

Fluidity.

Trybal WolfSILVER Member
Wolf Furry
517 posts

Posted:
I usually try to break the movement down more until the place I am messing up presents itself.

Other than that, if your really frustrated, why not spin poi. It can be very relaxing. laugh3

I'd rather die on paws, than live on feet.

micahhussystranger
6 posts

Posted:
cigarette helps a little but go out and try to find the solution.I these days my mom is living with me.I like to share with her.

heluxxstranger
5 posts

Posted:
I simply go to my bed room and take a deep sleep of about 10 hours over my foam bed mattress and get ready for the next though task.

DeniseNuelmember
1 post

Posted:
I listen to my favorite songs playlist while laying on my bed and go to sleep without any worries.
EDITED_BY: DeniseNuel (1371728157)