Forums > Beginner Poi Moves > Over The Head Behing the back thread the needle???

Login/Join to Participate

HeffeHeffeHeffeSpinners United Leader
29 posts

Posted:
ok so ive been working on it not even sure if its possible but wat ive got so far is butterfly in front of me and then take it over my head and hold it there in the now upwards butterfly and then trying to thread the needle this way. i am struggling so far alot of beating myself to hell mainly but if anyone has any tips or advice on how this could work anyways plz reply back to me on here or email me if u feel it is needed either way i am open to any tips or help from anyone.

meshunderlayBRONZE Member
Juggler/Spinner
612 posts

Posted:
Start working on your behing the head planes one hand at a time.

JuggleSeanGOLD Member
Ooops
116 posts

Posted:
Learning to do a move in every possible position would be greatly beneficial in achieving free movement with poi. Doing it behind the back, behind the head, under legs, reaching way out will make your performance look cool and make you super groovy at life.

Anything behind the head and back is tough to master. I am with meshunderlay. Start with one poi behind the head, then try bending the planes (like the saloon door exercise). Once you can control plane bending in all directions you will be on your way.

Everything really just comes down to clean planes. Once you can bend them with complete control, you will be able to keep flat, sexy planes everywhere and all living creatures will flock to you with amazement.

Have fun.

Groovy

HeffeHeffeHeffeSpinners United Leader
29 posts

Posted:
thx for the tips its coming along well so far but i havent gotten the chance to spin much in about 2 weeks lifes kinda catchin up to me and wat not but i wont stop trying.