FireTomStargazer
6,650 posts

Posted:
Very sad and disturbing events in Norway reported yesterday...

For me it's so mind-boggling how some think that killing innocent people would serve their ideals... no matter whether right or left wing...

I would guess that far more than 1.000 people are directly affected by the loss of loved ones... more than 5. - 10.000 by the loss of friends...

Prayers to families and friends...

the best smiles are the ones you lead to wink

astonSILVER Member
Unofficial Chairperson of Squirrel Defense League
4,061 posts

Posted:
Indeed. frown

'We're all mad here. I'm mad, you're mad." [said the Cat.]
"How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "Or you wouldn't have come here."
- Lewis Carroll, Alice's Adventures In Wonderland

FireTomStargazer
6,650 posts

Posted:
Whether true or hoax:

Originally Posted By: friend's fb pageHaving survived the shooting atrocity near Oslo, a young woman was asked in an interview on CNN if she and her fellow survivors now wanted to fight terror. Her response was: "If one man can show this much hate, think how much love we can show together". ♥

natasqiaddict
489 posts

Posted:
*insensitive comment to follow*

I work and sleep too much to ever be up to date with the news but when I did hear about it al, my mind first went to...

"Goddammit, I hate that guy. Why did he have to choose NOW, when Australia is JUST ABOUT to get 18+R game classifications to have a massacre and say that he "trained" using some violent video game. Now EVERYONE anti-18+ gaming advocate just has to say "Look what happened in Norway"

FireTomStargazer
6,650 posts

Posted:
not sure I really understand the message behind your post... wink

natasqiaddict
489 posts

Posted:
I guess my message is "Dear mentally unstable serial killers, please wait til after Australia has access to R rated video games before you proclaim your "killing tendancies" have come from video games.

FireTomStargazer
6,650 posts

Posted:
still not getting it - it's monday morning redface

I'm all for rating (violent) video games... though having played them and neither going on a killing spree, nor intending to do so - these kind of games can have serious impacts on kids/ people's minds.

that said: I don't believe his intent has been manifested by playing these games. guess it's more like a key-lock principle.

a few more can of worms: he had these guns and enough ammo to continue for a long time... european laws don't allow him to get sentenced for each and every killing individually - he might walk free after 20 years... at the same time I feel that capital punishment would be far too easy - "life" is the right answer...

Rouge DragonBRONZE Member
Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
It disgusts me that the reaction has been that he's not a "terrorist" just a "right-wing lone-wolf" or similar.

It's fecking terrorism.

Terrorism is terrorism. It's not limited to race or religion.

i would have changed ***** to phallus, and claire to petey Petey

Rougie: but that's what I'm doing here
Arnwyn: what letting me adjust myself in your room?..don't you dare quote that on HoP...

Rouge DragonBRONZE Member
Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
Additional: a very religious friend of mine is ranting about how the terrorist is all over the papers as being "Christian" and about how going on shooting sprees after setting off a bomb isn't Christian-like activity.

All I can think of is "welcome to how Muslims have been feeling since 9/11"

i would have changed ***** to phallus, and claire to petey Petey

Rougie: but that's what I'm doing here
Arnwyn: what letting me adjust myself in your room?..don't you dare quote that on HoP...

KaspurGOLD Member
Eternal Student of all things Skill
110 posts

Posted:
Amen Rouge.

Happiness runs in a circular motion!!

G4dget