Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > im looking for some fellow dutch spinners

Login/Join to Participate
stickmanWorld Champ Procrastinator
580 posts

Posted:
frown hi there,

hey, is there anyone on HOP who is currently or shortly will be living in holland? just moved back home and i havent found the spinning community yet confused

spinning on my own is fun, but, ya know, i gotsta find some, umm, colleagues (?).. identify yourselves! im lonely ubbcrying beerchug

Nessa Lossehelinstranger
14 posts

Posted:
Heeey :-)

Ik wilde ff zeggen, zaterdag (21 juni) ben ik jarig en ik vier het met een middag/avondje chillen in het Sonsbeekpark in Arnhem, iedereen die zin heeft te komen is welkom..
Ik heb super mooi weer besteld tongue dus dat komt goed biggrin

So your allllll welkom in Sonsbeek park, when you need directions call me!
(send a e-mail to lanawithuis@hotmail.com for my number) i'm not that much on hop..)

Love,
Lana

anonomatosGOLD Member
enthusiast
389 posts

Posted:
Strange things happen...

ik ben er niet bij zaterdag.

juggle

"Don’t know how long, this one’s gonna take;
I could fail, but I’d rather be a fuckup, than a fake"

marloes2001BRONZE Member
8 posts

Posted:
hallo daar smile

My name is Marloes and I'm from Cuijk (near Nijmegen)
I have been spinning Poi for a while now... Not very advanced but i'm trying wink

I have been practising at home (youtube is my friend)and with some friends.
I have spun with fire twice, just the basics that i am confident with. Now i am waiting for my ledpois to arrive! can't wait to give them a spin smile

Nice to see some dutch people here smile

anonomatosGOLD Member
enthusiast
389 posts

Posted:
Next sunday (29th of june) there will be Parkpop in the Zuiderpark in Den Haag (The Hague if you want...)

The biggest -free entrance- popfestival of Europe. The weather's gonna be good so it's gonna be BUSY, but, knowing the size of the Zuiderpark there should be still enough space to juggle or weavesmiley

I'm trying to organise a (mini) meet though most people tend to be kinda busy.

PM me if you wanna meet up, so I can give you my number. hehe

DeempjeSILVER Member
110 posts

Posted:
I'll be there if the weather's nice..

Well how about that...

marloes2001BRONZE Member
8 posts

Posted:
Hey Anonomatos ,

Unfortunatly I can't on sunday... maybe next time smile

Face_NLPLATINUM Member
addict
513 posts

Posted:
Hmmmz, I'll try to make a 'juggle myself with a wheelchair between all the visitors' visit to Parkpop

|| "Is True Mastery of the Elements But a Dream?" ||

anonomatosGOLD Member
enthusiast
389 posts

Posted:
@Face: you get more privileges (spelling?) when in/with a wheelchair at festivals and concerts ;-) front row center, no lines for toilet, etc.
ubbidea

IawasGOLD Member
stranger
3 posts

Posted:
hey iedereen

my name is Wouter i'm from Broek in Waterland ( near Amsterdam ). i started spinning about a year ago. i really enjoy poiing / poi-ing? poing?! weavesmiley biggrin that should do smile. i also spin with fire every friday with some friends at the museumplein in amsterdam or at the vondelpark.

its really awesome that there's such a big thread ubbrollsmile

Uuvnewbie
13 posts

Posted:
Hee welkom Wouter!

There's coming a new meeting in Utrecht!

11 Juli
Lepelenburgpark Utrecht
19.00 till...

see u all there wink

Sparkalusciousnewbie
1 post

Posted:
Heya Spintastic People!

I am a professional fire dancer from SF and I am bringing all my fire gear. I have newest LED fire hoop from www.holistichooping.com! Fire poi, fire staff. Ogg poi and the new Flowtoys www.flowtoys.com! I want to see your toys too!

I am going to be in Den Haag all week but I can come to Rotterdam or A'dam. I am a nanny for an 8 year old boy who loves to spin poi and hoop too. I want to go out to play with people. How can I find out where people will be? I am leaving tomorrow and I don't have so much time online... so how can I find the spin jam? (I run the spin jam in SF smile I am teaching hoop workshop in vondelpark on 11 July from 7-9.

Looking forward to meeting new fun people. My email is jamieluv2u@gmail.com. If you would like to meet me please email me directly!
Many Happy Thoughts
Jamie Luv

anonomatosGOLD Member
enthusiast
389 posts

Posted:
11th of july at Lepelenburg sounds nice :-)
@UVA: Who's setting up the meeting and who's already contacted?

Prolly gonna be crappy weather so you should bring an umbrella, just to be sure...

See you the 11th!

@Sparkaluscious: You should come to the meeting in Utrecht, after your hoop workshop! Utrecht is pretty close to the Hague (40 min. trainride).

anonomatosGOLD Member
enthusiast
389 posts

Posted:
Weather looks bad (still)..
Lepelenburg has got a little hiding-spot if the weather gets really ugly!
Otherwise we end up drinking beer somewhere inside, but that shouldn't be too bad either :-)

socrates1BRONZE Member
12 posts

Posted:
hey folks, I am traveling through europe and will be up in the netherlands for the tail end of my journey, I do not know the exact dates yet but I figure it will be around august 4th to the 8th or some such, would anyone like to meet up? I will obviously give the real time of arrival when it gets closer. I was planning to mainly hit amsterdam as that is where I fly out of but I am pretty flexible.

If you aren't in over your head how do you know how tall you are?

marloes2001BRONZE Member
8 posts

Posted:
Hey everybody,

Is someone going to castlefest? there will be a poi field where you can poi !

https://www.castlefest.nl

DeempjeSILVER Member
110 posts

Posted:
Anyone going to Reggae Geel?
Or Lowlands?
Or Waterpop?

I'm attending all three biggrin

Well how about that...

Nephtysresident fridge magnet
835 posts

Posted:
Socrates, while The Netherlands is nice, I would strongly suggest you get yourself to Karslruhe in germany for the European Juggling Convention in stead! It's probably going to be faaaaantastic, and you get to meet a couple of thousand jugglers from all over Europe! Looky here: https://www.ejc2008.de/

I can't go myself... or have any kind of social life right now * cry * so I'm trying to live life vicariously by getting other people to do fun things... Due to the no social life thing (work, school) i'm afraid I can't meet you if you do come to Amsterdam between the 4th and the 8th, but *poking other dutch people to go hang with Socrates!*

everyone's unique except me

835 posts

Posted:
peace juggle bounce peace juggle bounce peace juggle bounce

WHO WANTS TO GO ON A FUN JUGGLY PARTY WEEKEND AWAY???? biggrin biggrin biggrin

Right now, Dutch peeps, this is a quick opinion poll:

I've always thought the UK Falmouth gatherings looked absolutely fantastic - both from the stories here on the boards and from the videos and photos (see [Old link], for instance)

Mot & myself think it would be fun to organise something similar in The Netherlands, a whole juggly weekend for a big group of us somewhere, e.g. in a 'kampeerboerderij' out on one of the Wadden islands, or the Veluwe, or somewhere else pretty. It would probably be around late september/october, which is why we're thinking of going for something with an indoors in case the weather is pooey. If it's a success we can do a summer camping version next year. biggrin

So, question: if you could go away with a big bunch of jugglers for a weekend of juggling, chilling, drinking, eating, fun, giggles & making a few nice videos... if all you had to do was show up and cover your own costs because Mot & Neph were organising it all... would you go?

If there's enough interest, I'll start a separate thread for it so it doesn't get mixed up with the other things in this thread - but first enough of you have to raise your hands and say 'aye'!!

grouphug

Neph

Fueroaddict
465 posts

Posted:
Raises up hand(s).
I probably can help with locations. Have booked a few because of the larps.

Hmm, there's gotta be something round and shiny, I can play with

835 posts

Posted:
Yay Patrick! smile

I've found one potential place on Ameland which is big and cheap, and available in the last weekend of september and most of the weekends in October. I'm going to start spamming people I know here with PM's now to get a better sense of whether there's enough enthusiasm to go ahead with this before taking any options on anything, but please PM me with any location suggestions you have also!

grouphug Nephtys

DeempjeSILVER Member
110 posts

Posted:
I'd like to go too, but I don't know if it's possible with work and the stuff I do for my local society

The idea is very good biggrin

Well how about that...

ArneGOLD Member
17 posts

Posted:
I'm in smile definitely! I'd love to spend a weekend with other spinners!
Castlefest was great, i loved the part where they put me on the stage at the last performance of omnia :P i realy went nuts on stage smile it was really great! definitely want to do it aggain next year!

Arne

835 posts

Posted:
Yay! Any videos of that Arne?

All three of you, do you have any idea if friends of yours would like to come? I've found one place that can host between 20 and 60 people at only 120 euros per night (excl. tourist tax), so even with 20 of us that would only be a little over 6 euros per person per night - but I reckon we can do better than 20! biggrin

grouphug

Neph

DeempjeSILVER Member
110 posts

Posted:
I might have some people (maximum like 3 or something) that would like to go
I'll check it out smile

Well how about that...

835 posts

Posted:
* bump * biggrin

Essiej_ElectraSILVER Member
stranger
4 posts

Posted:
Hi There all of you!

I'm Esmeralda and I'm new to HoP.
I live in Maastricht myself, but can't seem to find anyone around here that shares my new found hobby confused
I've just recently started to practise poi (not doin' to bad though) and I'm also gonna try some staff shortly.
I'm looking for other Dutch poi people to meet up with, but haven't been succesfull so far.
Maybe you can help me out?

thankx

"in the future everyone will be world-famous for fifteen minutes"

anonomatosGOLD Member
enthusiast
389 posts

Posted:
@The New Big Meet Plan:

Hell yeah!

Me and 2 friends are in.

I've got some cool ideas with junkyard installations and fire-theater-acts... anyone in for some crazy Robodock / Burning Man'ish things?

marco.cjmember
126 posts

Posted:
Hey Nephtys,

Great plan, I heard about it from Tom, as I must admit have not been much on HoP lately. Count me in on comming for sure and if you can use me in anyway to help, let me know please?

I dont know if my big tent is usable but if needed I would love to bring it with me.

marco

~Look into the sphere Sarah,.. it can show you your dreams,...

anonomatosGOLD Member
enthusiast
389 posts

Posted:
@Marco: A big tent, with laserbeams sounds nice smile always good to have a nice decor for my Led-poi ^_^ *giggles*

Essiej_ElectraSILVER Member
stranger
4 posts

Posted:
Woehoe! Did my first staff moves today biggrin

How come it's so quiet in this topic?
-Still looking for poi/staff interaction with others-

"in the future everyone will be world-famous for fifteen minutes"