Forums > Meet Others > Any Scottish Spinners around in 2011

Login/Join to Participate

Dark_Dancernewbie
28 posts

Posted:
I keep finding threads for spinners based in Scotland but they are all pretty old

Any Scottish or Scotland based spinners around and if so where in Scotland are you all hiding?

Dancing in the Dark with a spinning light

Roothstranger
3 posts

Posted:
I am in Glasgow, and I am looking to meet up with some spinners here. I just moved back to Scotland and would love to get to some workshops, meet ups , whatever to learn some new tricks. I'm not the best spinner but not a complete beginner either. Where're you based?

liquidtrancei dream in circles...
336 posts

Posted:
welcome
hey guys, saw your post in the forum. I'm a performer&teacher based in glasgow, gimme an email www.liquidtrance@hotmail.co.uk devil weavesmiley

even chuck norris can't pin you down if your on fire

Dark_Dancernewbie
28 posts

Posted:
I am a complete noobie so patience required from everyone for a loooong while

Dancing in the Dark with a spinning light

336 posts

Posted:
we all are when we're getting started smile

Roothstranger
3 posts

Posted:
I would love to meet up. Am away this coming weekend but am around on a tuesday or thursday after 5pm usually. i've sent you an email.

smiles

burningoftheclaveySILVER Member
lurking like a ninja with no camouflage..
926 posts

Posted:
Hi, I'll be back in the country for summer, not sure where I'll be based yet, but probably edinburgh area to start with, there are usually monday night firespins in the meaadows there if you are in the area wink

on spam robots - "Burn the robot! Melt him down, and then we can make lots and lots of money from his shiiiny juices!"

Owned by Brenn smile

CarolyneBRONZE Member
stranger
12 posts

Posted:
Hi all,

I'd be up for meeting up in Glasgow. Let me know what you think.

FearsaorRosaBRONZE Member
Cyr Wheel Artist, Fire Performer, Poi Enthusiast
43 posts

Posted:
I am based in Edinburgh. Looking for other local spinners and performers. Can travel to anyone is Scotland to meet. Am across in Glasgow frequently.

I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it.

CarolyneBRONZE Member
stranger
12 posts

Posted:
It looks like there might be more going on in Edinburgh than Glasgow. I could arrange to be there some evening or weekend.

How about we give it a few weeks, see if anyone else is interested, then arrange a meet up?

FearsaorRosaBRONZE Member
Cyr Wheel Artist, Fire Performer, Poi Enthusiast
43 posts

Posted:
Hi Carolyne,

That sounds good. I am aware of the meet that happens on the meadows in Edinburgh on Monday nights. Been a little apprehensive of going. My initial welcome into the HOP community was not the best. I am just starting rebuilding my skills again after several years break.
Thanks
FieryFireWorld

I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it.

Psycho_lemmingSILVER Member
Running hippy spinning lemming
15 posts

Posted:
*waves*

I will try to keep an eye in here... exciting to see a Scottish thread for once,

I am Glasgow area smile

Fear leads to anger; anger leads to hate; hate leads to suffering...

336 posts

Posted:
hey psycho lemming, drop me an email (liquidtrance@hotmail.co.uk), i run a wee poi group on sunday nights in the west end and organise fire meets now and then smile
EDITED_BY: liquidtrance (1302986862)

CarolyneBRONZE Member
stranger
12 posts

Posted:
Hello Psycho_lemming,

Hope you make it along to one of the meets!

Carolyne

Verstranger
1 post

Posted:
Hi everyone,

I'm a couple of months late with this reply but I'm really keen to meet up. I'm living in Glasgow west end and I'm totally new to this but really want to get started somewhere.

Cheers

Verity

CarolyneBRONZE Member
stranger
12 posts

Posted:
Hey Verity,

wave

Speak to liquidtrance, his Sunday class is awesome!

There are also a few poi people at the Glasgow Juggling Club in the West end on Wednesdays... https://www.glasgowjugglingclub.com/

Hope to see you around!

Carolyne

336 posts

Posted:
hey Verity, by any chance did I work a gig with you at the arches last year when you were on stilts?

Psycho_lemmingSILVER Member
Running hippy spinning lemming
15 posts

Posted:
email sent - sorry for the long delay! laugh3

I am not about much these days

Fear leads to anger; anger leads to hate; hate leads to suffering...

SinkyTheClownstranger
1 post

Posted:
Hey guys maybe a lil bit late but its still 2011 so alls good anyway im from dundee and ive been doing poi poi on and off for a few years and only just got back into it recently after around a year off im not a newbie but im not amazing either if ya get me. so does anybody know of much going on in dundee???

CarolyneBRONZE Member
stranger
12 posts

Posted:
Hey Sinky,
I don't know of any specific poi groups, but Dundee Uni has a juggling club I think. Might be worth trying them!
Carolyne