rugglerBRONZE Member
Toss Juggler
15 posts

Posted:
Hello. I am a toss juggler, and I have been playing around with the juggling animator, "Jongl," lately. I found an interesting prop in the program. It is three sticks with 120 degrees between each, connected at the center. I searched hard on google, but all I found was something called "tribal devil sticks." However, these are not for toss juggling. I decided to make some of my own, and they came out like this: https://yfrog.com/42tribeamj
Does anyone know if this prop already exists? Or does anyone know of a good way to connect 3 pvc pipes in that formation? I sandwiched them between two pieces of wood and screwed it all together.

meshunderlayBRONZE Member
Juggler/Spinner
612 posts

Posted:
Heeeey there! I was just talking to a friend about these the other day.

I'm not sure where he got them (or if he just made them) but juggler Francis Julien of the Quebec National Circus school has a set of those.

If you want I can try to contact him and ask where he got them?

Juggler/Spinner
612 posts

rugglerBRONZE Member
Toss Juggler
15 posts

Posted:
Thank you. I just saw some pictures of him. I would be interested in knowing where he got those. Also, that facebook link is private, so I cannot see it.

SpinnerofDetroitGOLD Member
All High Dude, Ruler of What You Want
2,280 posts

Posted:
I've seen this before! Not in person, but yeah it's like a crazy devilstick thingy and I can't think of any ways to use it but it looks cool laugh3

The only luck is bad luck.

Shut up before I stall my poi up your ass grin

Juggler/Spinner
612 posts

Posted:
No problem, I'll ask him.

Juggler/Spinner
612 posts

Posted:
Ah, unfortunately he said he had made them himself, and didn't know if you could buy them someplace.

The ones in your picture look pretty good though.

rugglerBRONZE Member
Toss Juggler
15 posts

Posted:
Do you know what he used to make them? I see they have a large hole in the center and they have knobs.

Juggler/Spinner
612 posts

Posted:
Not sure, there's a chance I'll run into him in a couple of weeks, if I do, I'll see what kind of details I can get on them.

Fire_MooseSILVER Member
Elusive and Bearded
3,597 posts

Posted:
Wasn't there a guy on here spamming about something like those...

Jumbly sticks or something....

O.B.E.S.E.

Owned by Mynci!

Fire_MooseSILVER Member
Elusive and Bearded
3,597 posts

Posted:
Jumbly Mamba

O.B.E.S.E.

Owned by Mynci!

astonSILVER Member
Unofficial Chairperson of Squirrel Defense League
4,061 posts

Posted:
If it is only PVC, you may be able to melt them into place?

(I forget if PVC melts, but it may be an option....)

'We're all mad here. I'm mad, you're mad." [said the Cat.]
"How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "Or you wouldn't have come here."
- Lewis Carroll, Alice's Adventures In Wonderland

Juggler/Spinner
612 posts

Posted:
If you want something comfortable to juggle, I'm not sure PVC is the best option. Though if you are doing other things, maybe?

There are some instructions you could probably modify to build something out of recycled products:

https://www.juggle.org/howto/gcp.php

astonSILVER Member
Unofficial Chairperson of Squirrel Defense League
4,061 posts

Posted:
Steven Ragatz has a quite different DIY club: https://www.circusartsonline.com/en/props.htm

Keep meaning to try make some. smile

'We're all mad here. I'm mad, you're mad." [said the Cat.]
"How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "Or you wouldn't have come here."
- Lewis Carroll, Alice's Adventures In Wonderland

rugglerBRONZE Member
Toss Juggler
15 posts

Posted:
I tried melting them, but I wasn't able to get it to melt enough to stick the pieces together.
I looked at the jumbly mambas, and they are pretty much the exact same shape as the things that I am trying to make.
It looks like Steven Ragatz used a wooden dowel, plastic bottle wrapping, and tape to make the handle? The pvc handles aren't too uncomfortable for now, but these are definitely good ideas.

SlipslopslapGOLD Member
stranger
2 posts

Posted:
Hi, Sam England here, I might be able to help you. I invented the tri stick or tri star 17 years ago. I have in the past only made it for a few performers , it's my best keeped secret .this is 3 dimensional juggling toy , similar to the one in your photo but constructed from carbon fiber and air force grade alloy .I am bringing out a new product line soon.the tri stick is a lot of fun and unlike any other juggling toy in the world. It generates a balance once spinning that creates it's own unique moves and balance tricks, I can post some photos if you like ,I have a view designs of these, the problem in the past has been the manufacturing costs ,to make a good one that lasts, it has to be strong and shock absorbing, I have spent 300 dollars making hi performance models, Critical that each stick stays at 120 deg and weighs the same otherwise balance does not occur .

Worked at rainbow flight kite shop for 3 years making comet poi,kick staff, trixstix. moved on working at Peter Lynn kite factory designing large kites ,kite powered buggys now designing and building tipis and yurts,making juggling products

rugglerBRONZE Member
Toss Juggler
15 posts

Posted:
I'm interested in seeing what those look like and would appreciate any pictures you can post!