birdgirlBRONZE Member
48 posts

Posted:
hey there,anyone know of a decent hangover cure?
Apart from not getting drunk in the first place (not possible,way of life!!!)I fell into a pint (or five)of export last night and i truly think i am going to die, there must be a way to beat this!!
Answers on the back of a yak to: spigs house of pain!

spig--------Its not big and its not clever.

Flower fairyBRONZE Member
98 posts

Posted:
If you can remember ( therefore after a litre of vodka this doesnt work!) before you go to bed drink a pint of water and take 2 neurofen.. have another pint of water by your bed that you can drink during the night and keep the neurofen by your bed.. set your alarm 1/2 hour before you have to get up and take another 2 so when u get up you minus the headache and cronic dehydration so your a bit beter off!
Cant help u this time but this might work next time!!!!

some people take a walk in the rain and others just get wet

Smiling is infectious. Please pass this on.

_Stix_Pooh-Bah
2,419 posts

Posted:
B vitamin complex and vitamin c are also great to take before bed too.. alcohol strips your body of B vits... and thats why you shake.. headaches are dehydration so the above advice is also really good.

I honour you as an aspect of myself..

You are never to old to storm a bouncey castle..

Paddyback from the dead...sort of
884 posts

Posted:
Eat a banana too. From what I understand, it will help replace electrolytes that you lose while drinking because of dehydration, and that's what largely causes the headache.

...I think.

KajiQuantum Theorist
564 posts

Posted:
Drink a pint of ginger beer when you wake up it will fix all those nasty stomach related issues.

In the 60's people took acid to make the world weird, now the world is weird and they take prozac to make it normal again.

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
yes... and if you are hitting yourself with a plank of wood, stop.
"You see Lisa? Because of me, they have a warning!" -Homer Simpson

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

Paddyback from the dead...sort of
884 posts

Posted:
The most general fix hangover fix ever:

Eat everything. When you drink, your body loses a lot of something, and everything is bound to have a little something in it.

That should cover all the bases.

Jelloambiguous
646 posts

Posted:
quote:
Originally posted by Paddy:
The most general fix hangover fix ever:

Eat everything. When you drink, your body loses a lot of something, and everything is bound to have a little something in it.

That should cover all the bases.

True, although this could lead to potentially barfing everything up

PsyriSILVER Member
artisan
1,576 posts

Posted:
very true I woke up the other day with the most evil stomach ever.. I advise against Cheerios with loads of milk... best you have toast.

AjtagThe occasional one...
445 posts

Posted:
i find melon to be really good! just i never go out and buy a mellon thinking im going to get really pissed tonight...
oh and make sure no one filled it with vodka the night before it doesnt go down too well...

There are 10 types of people, those who understand binary and those who dont.
Enjoy - A