Page:
MidkiffBRONZE Member
shadow stranger
462 posts

Posted:
it might be cool to have spin off competitions anyone else think so?

"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able, and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" - Epicurus

Sister ElevenGOLD Member
owner of the group property
1,277 posts

Posted:
It's not forgotten; I did state my timeline for filming and posting, so chill homez. Some of us have jobs, and a subset of those of us with jobs work graveyard shift and have very few daytime waking hours. Hoping to film today or tomorrow, conditions permitting.

p|.q|r:|::s|.s|s:|:.s|q.|:p|s.|.p|s

EpitomeOfNoviceGOLD Member
Putting the "FUN" in fundamental since 1981
787 posts

Posted:
I actually meant about we're the only 3 people coming on this thread now compared to initially, like there is no commitee doing input or casting a vote...

Hope it didn't sound wrong. I've posted reminders in chat for others to put in their 2 cents like the initial concept.

~Rock on!~

"As the pattern gets more intricate and subtle, being swept along is no longer enough"-Waking Life

(All you RLers this is epitome_of_lame *waves hello*)

poismylovepoi addict
196 posts

Posted:
ya sorry i didnt mean that you specifically forget. i know people have jobs and stuff. take your time i aint trippin smile
(picks up 2 cents of the ground) woohoo im rich tongue2

to spin or not to spin, that is the question.

MidkiffBRONZE Member
shadow stranger
462 posts

Posted:
hey i remember most of the threads i have made there is just usually nothing for me to say at the moment as i am usually a man of few words

"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able, and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" - Epicurus

poismylovepoi addict
196 posts

Posted:
sorry... im so bad at talking tapedshut should learn to thhink before i speak. did not mean to offend you or anyone else.

Sister ElevenGOLD Member
1,277 posts

Posted:
I don't think either of us are offended. Is all good! You're just wrong is all ;p

787 posts

Posted:
wonder

I wonder if all the non-active participants who are supposed to render a reasonable "jury like" opinion on the already existing videos just don't have it in them to compare, critique, and make a judgment on those already up.

I mean that was the point of this...

I would like to know why there has been not one state what they prefer and their reasoning behind it, I'd prefer to think the thread was forgotten more than I'd want to think people are too touchy-feely and spineless to state what they prefer and voice their opinion. That is how we (and by we I mean ME) grow and learn from our (when I say our I mean MY) shortcomings, faults, and flaws (also strengths, breakthroughs, and signature styles).

Just sayin'.......

wonder

And just incase this is misconstrued... *inserts footinmouth*

~Rock on!~

"As the pattern gets more intricate and subtle, being swept along is no longer enough"-Waking Life

Smurf24029GOLD Member
Poi Master Smurf
343 posts

Posted:
Lol I just didn't wanna be the first to judge. Which vid vs which one now? Theirs 3 vids, and talk of new vids so I dunno now. I will be brutally honest with my vote despite negativity (which I do belive is what you want from a judge yes?) I just feel mean when I give negative feedback.

Fly High
Spin Hard
Don't Stop

Sister ElevenGOLD Member
1,277 posts

Posted:
Me vs. Epitome with the fire poi, and then my unfilmed video will be vs. poismylove's video.

787 posts

Posted:
Originally Posted By: Smurf24029Lol I just didn't wanna be the first to judge. Which vid vs which one now? Theirs 3 vids, and talk of new vids so I dunno now. I will be brutally honest with my vote despite negativity (which I do belive is what you want from a judge yes?) I just feel mean when I give negative feedback.

Well someone has to get the party started or we'd all be wall flowers at the dance the whole night! If I weren't willing to take criticism I wouldn't have thrown myself to the wolves, all a judge has to do is be unbiased and objectively state their point and back it up (like no "I can't stand him" or "But that's my BFF..." crap) other than that take all the facts of a well rounded performance in account, weight out all the factors, and make the call. Majority will rule in terms of favored... well whatever makes you favor it and if you state why or why not we all have a nice little learning shindig to boot! yes

*understood probability and statistics of my circumstance and competition before ever opening my big internet mouth and opened it anyways tongue2 *

~Rock on!~

astonSILVER Member
Unofficial Chairperson of Squirrel Defense League
4,061 posts

Posted:
Possibly open a poll in the video forum with each video as an option. Then elaborate on why in the rest of the thread.

That may work and get more visibility than here.

'We're all mad here. I'm mad, you're mad." [said the Cat.]
"How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "Or you wouldn't have come here."
- Lewis Carroll, Alice's Adventures In Wonderland

Smurf24029GOLD Member
Poi Master Smurf
343 posts

Posted:
I agree with poll idea 100%
Use this forum to determine who battles who and the rules then make a new pole forum with both videos and the public vote and elaborates

Fly High
Spin Hard
Don't Stop

787 posts

Posted:
Polling broken... frown

Any other ideas? Started one, but can't get a polling option up it's as though it vanished or is not available on that subforum.

~Rock on!~

Sister ElevenGOLD Member
1,277 posts

Posted:
There are web sites just for making custom polls, so you could probably set one up externally push come to shove. Can't think of the URL off hand, but they exist...

Flint_413GOLD Member
Fire Artist and Hooper
181 posts

Posted:
So is this spin off as in, just staff spin offs whos is bigger etc? Or is it a fire dancing vid contest. Like who's hotter/better/awesomer? Is it weapon of choice or purely staff spinners?

If you can't stand the heat, get out of my way.

MidkiffBRONZE Member
shadow stranger
462 posts

Posted:
this is a comp for anything just vid on vid action you challenge someone and then the two of you agree on the terms of the challenge as what kind of music will be used fire or practice or even led what toys/props will be used its just a thread for friendly competition because people as a whole do better with a challenge so people as indidviduals most likely will to

787 posts

Posted:
Originally Posted By: Flint_413So is this spin off as in, just staff spin offs whos is bigger etc? Or is it a fire dancing vid contest. Like who's hotter/better/awesomer? Is it weapon of choice or purely staff spinners?

Read the whole thread, everyone's ranking and specialty is already listed along with some very funny banter. smile

~Rock on!~

Flint_413GOLD Member
Fire Artist and Hooper
181 posts

Posted:
I'M SOOO IN!!! This is such a great idea!

Flint_413GOLD Member
Fire Artist and Hooper
181 posts

Posted:
Okay, here are my specs...

Hoop *specialty*
Class: Jedi
Style: Dance/bad ass
Will challenge/battle: anyone ballzee enough.

Poi
Class: Intermediate-Advanced(ish)
Style: Dance, non-tec
will challenge/battle: Intermediate- Advanced

Fan
Class: Intermediate- Advanced
Style: Tribal
Will challenge/battle: All classes

BRING IT ON!!!!!!!!!!
EDITED_BY: Flint_413 (1286240162)

Sister ElevenGOLD Member
1,277 posts

Posted:
@poismylove: I have some footage filmed, and while I'm going to try to re-film one more time, I'll put up the best I've got on Thursday. And the best I've got right now has an obvious blunder when I try to pull off something I know I can't do tongue2

Zephyre PhoenixFamiliar stranger giving out popcorn. (formerly Ascilith)
1,264 posts

Posted:
Spin off competition? Sounds like somethin crazy is about to go down... I'm game

Never take candy from strangers...... But popcorn is okay!

Sister ElevenGOLD Member
1,277 posts

Posted:
Go for it! It's not a one-at-a-time deal. You should glove slap (baby, glove slap) Midkiff or Flint.

astonSILVER Member
4,061 posts

Posted:
I still need to get hold of a camera. smirk

poismylovepoi addict
196 posts

Posted:
lol yaaa i do that all the time, i have to remember not to do stuff i cant do once i get some fire poi. i look forward to seein your vid grin

Flint_413GOLD Member
Fire Artist and Hooper
181 posts

Posted:
*Wwwuuuppsssh!!* I formally challenge ascilith with a gloveslap. Fire poi. Song of choice. Are u up for it??

Zephyre PhoenixFamiliar stranger giving out popcorn. (formerly Ascilith)
1,264 posts

Posted:
I formally accept Flint's challenge with a return gloveslap. *Gauntlet slaps flint* Whoops, wrong glove.... devil Question is, are YOU up for it?

Never take candy from strangers...... But popcorn is okay!

astonSILVER Member
4,061 posts

Posted:
*snigger*

Good to see this hotting up.

Flint_413GOLD Member
Fire Artist and Hooper
181 posts

Posted:
YES!!! FLAMING PRETZEL ACTIVATE!! devil vid due by next weekend (not this weekend but the weekend after). Dont pull any punches either, bring it ON!!

Smurf24029GOLD Member
Poi Master Smurf
343 posts

Posted:
I'm still up for battle, camera is tricky to get but available.

And I look forward to the coming videos soon

Fly High
Spin Hard
Don't Stop

Sister ElevenGOLD Member
1,277 posts

Posted:
Mine sucks. I think poismylove has a shot at this. Also I'm having issues with transcoding and the sound, so it'll be up when I can get it up.

Page: