Salingermember
382 posts

Posted:
Does anyone else here play Carrom?

I've really got into this game over the past few years but I've never noticed anyone mention it around here. Here's some links to UK sites for anyone who wants to look at it, althugh there will be sites in your area for all this as it's played Worldwide and is one of the oldest games in existence of its kind.

www.carrom.co.uk
www.carromuk.co.uk

I've not met a person yet who hasn't fallen in love with this game! They can be pretty pricey but you can see what you are paying for. It'd be nice to make one myself but it seems difficult...if anyone finds any good clear instructions on how to make them that'd be great!

All the best,

A conspiracy of silence speaks louder than words...

.Morph.SILVER Member
addict
669 posts

Posted:
Carrom is a great game , if it's what I'm thinking of, a mix of draughts and pool? Flicking the black & white pieces into the corner pockets?
The board should be easy to design: some mdf, ink, varnish & a hack saw. You could use clothes washing tablet bags as pockets & draugh pieces, hey presto!

Naamanmember
5 posts

Posted:
Duude, what a great game. I've seen them for around $100 to buy.

Salingermember
382 posts

Posted:
Carrum boards can be picked up quite cheap, especially in australasia but I want one that'll be for with me the rest of my life and just look really nice when you aren't playing. (I really want a Metalheadz logo (drum and bass) in the centre)

Unfortunately they aren't that easy to make, you need all sorts of types of wood and acids and things in order for it to run smoothly. The Indians just chalk up their whole arms but I don't think I'd get many people in England to play that way!

Here's some nice ones on carrom.co.uk:

Non-Https Image Link

Non-Https Image Link

Non-Https Image Link

So when do the HOP carrom boards come out Mal?

A conspiracy of silence speaks louder than words...