AjtagThe occasional one...
445 posts

Posted:
just built my 1st pc from skip parts and i am going to turn it into my new server but the only cases that i have found in skips are destroyed by rubble... any ideas for interisting case mods that i could build (note must be cheep what can i say im poor)

There are 10 types of people, those who understand binary and those who dont.
Enjoy - A

445 posts

Posted:
so you can see what state it is in at the mo...
in an old speaker case
pic

[ 07. July 2003, 01:47: Message edited by: Ajtag ]

Enjoy - A

Nathdaninjamember
271 posts

Posted:
If your after something funky why not try lego?
I saw a Mac on E-bay recently made out of lego which looked ace, maybe a bit more bother than you want but it'd look cool

boing...boing...When the naive man admits his naivete, he is no longer naive.Thus, all people are regarded by society as either ignorant or a liar.Wonders never cease, as long as you never cease to wonder.

445 posts

Posted:
cool i dont know if i got enough lego tho or where it is anymore...
but i wouldnt do that to any of my macs... the beige is too cool

but i might try to put this one in a mac? ive got an old pb1400 case lying around...

Enjoy - A

ben-ja-menGOLD Member
just lost .... evil init
2,474 posts

Posted:
u dont really need a case persay do u if all the bits are in place on a frame maybe a box on top when its not used to keep the dust out but yeah. also ur link doesnt work

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourself, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous and talented? Who are you NOT to be?

445 posts

Posted:
yeah im having problems with the link... something to do with the host, they put a bar at the top of the page... i think and so some browsers can view some cant
this wont work all the time.... why i need a new server... pic

Enjoy - A

Nathdaninjamember
271 posts

Posted:
If your after something funky why not try lego?
I saw a Mac on E-bay recently made out of lego which looked ace, maybe a bit more bother than you want but it'd look cool

boing...boing...When the naive man admits his naivete, he is no longer naive.Thus, all people are regarded by society as either ignorant or a liar.Wonders never cease, as long as you never cease to wonder.

King Of Bongoaddict
522 posts

Posted:
not that I would in anyway imply that you should break the law, but have you thought of making a metal case out of road signs?

Your life is ending one minute at a time...
So live it.

445 posts

Posted:
hey i like that idea... and my step bro has a large supply (he collects them) so i might be able to get an old one

Enjoy - A

Latexmember
55 posts

Posted:
Here is my favorite custom case ever:
https://www4.justnet.ne.jp/~kat/pc/ern/ern001.htm

Latexmember
55 posts

Posted:
I've been kicking aroung the idea of taking an old Atari 2600 case and moding it into a PC.

445 posts

Posted:
well i tried an old nes last night but the board is a little too big, trying to get slackware on it now... but i need to find some more ram for it and a bigger hard drive.

yeah that mod is cool, it was on b3ta a while ago... there is also a g4 with a lcd screen in the front pannel (as an extra monitor) and a dentists chair style thing with pc attached which is really nice (some where in korea)

Enjoy - A

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
www.coolcasemods.com

itll sort you out a treat

i got my first case mod from there and have since done loads of mod and now do them for a comp shop

later days

Step (el-nombrie)

445 posts

Posted:
ok so this is it at the moment...
1st pic
2nd pic
that is what is serving you the images...

Enjoy - A

Nathdaninjamember
271 posts

Posted:
Fantastic...where on earth did you get with that idea from

polytheneveteran
1,359 posts

Posted:
you can pick up a second hand fish tank for about a tenner. Rectangular like a real case, and see-through like all the modern, expensive cases.

then; paints (glass/ acrylic, whatever) or cartoons pasted on the inside, or plastic icicles (like the ones you get for the cristmas tree) stuck on to make it spiky, or action figures having a war over the circuit boards, or plastic fish hanging inside on string to make it look like a real fish tank, or...............

The optimist claims that we are living in the best of all possible worlds.
The pessimist fears this is true.

Always make time to play in the snow.

445 posts

Posted:
well i made it from parts ive found in skips so where beter to put it?
[image]https://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0PwDYAqcSN08SsGMg3vLyRqptjrZlR*6f9J4hy6Pq2!0h9W!Vfw6l0NDieJfDwB2z2u01KOH2*9*!fB1PBZo*ToKcZqLDdKC4/server1.jpg?dc=4675431395511990555[/image]
thats better

Enjoy - A

Magnusmember
279 posts

Posted:
fill the fish tank with distilled water... removing any moving parts first, of course. that takes care of cooling, too.

Magnus... pay it forward