Page:
SpinnerofDetroitGOLD Member
All High Dude, Ruler of What You Want
2,280 posts

Posted:
I couldn't seem to find anything like this. Well, A couple kind of, but the links didn't work at all. So here this is. A thread for discussing your/any other wick designs that you know and have had experience with. Mainly to help everybody find out what kind of wicks they want when they want to make them without having to spend all their money on rope/wick tape/whatever.

I'll start mine with a question, I want to make Isis poi. But, I want to make a nice cracked/open surface. Would you use the same amount of wick on the outside that you do on the inside, or more? For example, I saw a video that said 4ft for the inside weave, then 6 for the outside. It's a crown on the inside and another over itself for reference of what I'm talking about. I would buy rope, but then I'd have my dad going, "You're spending too much money! Blah blah blah! You're buying things too often! Blah blah blah!" "But dad!"
Non-Https Image Link

The only luck is bad luck.

Shut up before I stall my poi up your ass grin

liquidtrancei dream in circles...
336 posts

Posted:
give us a video then if they're that good ;0

even chuck norris can't pin you down if your on fire

2,280 posts

Posted:
I did give a video. It's right up there ^^^
Edit: nvm they're back a page not up tongue2 I'll give you the benefit of the doubt on that one

EDITED_BY: SpinnerofDetroit (1273962589)

liquidtrancei dream in circles...
336 posts

Posted:
nice, give us an update after 20 burns or so, wanna see how they wear, there is a lot of 'empty' space in the design where the heat might degrade the wick much faster than normal, love the flame size though, even if it does f**k the kevlar it might still be worth it for performance use... smile well done!

even chuck norris can't pin you down if your on fire

2,280 posts

Posted:
The only empty space I see has nothing to do with the design but a fail on my part. I made it too loose smirk At the top it stretched out and I can look through it. Next time I make them what I might do is get tape from fire mecca and use their big chain and have that run through from top to bottom and use that to connect it. THAT right there would make it last a lot longer! Also using thicker wick and not really thin wick folded in half laugh3

Also, to keep up one of the points of this thread. What are some idea's to do with FireMecca's 1/8" (3.2mm) Kevlar rope? OH MY GOD! I have an idea! Ummm, I got it as I was typing and oh my lord it would make one hell of a fire head! I'll have to check out how much it would cost me cause that rope is cheapy cheap cheap.

Nvm, even with that many layers wide, it would come out the size of a plastic laneyard

Add on: Ok I want to make some fire heads. What are different properties differentiating aramid core and fiberglass core wick rope? They have the same outer sheath.
EDITED_BY: SpinnerofDetroit (1274060550)

Page: