Page:
kikiasaumiBRONZE Member
I know where you spin
15 posts

Posted:
Just a fun thread. describe a move, being as descriptive or vague as you wish to be, and if applicable 'name the move' above your post.

I'm new as far as how many moves I know so I'll hope someone more skilled than me can get this going smile

Have fun!

MidkiffBRONZE Member
shadow stranger
462 posts

Posted:
yes but almost anything that can be done on wallplane can be done on the wheel plane and such

"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able, and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" - Epicurus

Sister ElevenGOLD Member
owner of the group property
1,277 posts

Posted:
SoD: Well, a linear extension can go horizontally or diagonally, too. To me it looked like he was going for a linear extension and just getting his hand tugged by weight or by muscle memory. His hands may have been going in an ellipse, but they were certainly not a circle by my reckoning.

p|.q|r:|::s|.s|s:|:.s|q.|:p|s.|.p|s

Mother_Natures_SonSILVER Member
Rampant whirler.
2,418 posts

Posted:
The linear extention in a 3 beat weave would work a lot better in a wall plane anyway.

Well, it already IS in a wall plane, but your mind is in a wheel plane, tying you to muscle memory and physical limitations simply because of the direction you insist your hips face.

Maybe try facing the wall plane, doing the 3 beat weave as more of a waist wrap(in front, not a btb waistwrap) and then doing the linear extension in the front wall plane.

And "extension" is just extending the arms, an "extension" on its own would imply it remains in a circular path, I suppose.

hug

MidkiffBRONZE Member
shadow stranger
462 posts

Posted:
i've never thought of doing it from like a flower but i know what ya mean i will definately have to try that as well

"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able, and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" - Epicurus

MidkiffBRONZE Member
shadow stranger
462 posts

Posted:
ok what is it called when you do a anti spin same direction split time wallplane flower and at the third point you inspin back to the other side and repeat?

[ Unregistered ]addict
413 posts

Posted:
Can you post a picture it makes ?

ninja

Mother_Natures_SonSILVER Member
Rampant whirler.
2,418 posts

Posted:
Its the one that goes from crossed to uncrossed. It'll be a 4 petal antispin flower (can probably be done with 6, but its tough to get the last few petals looking nice) with a circle around the outside, or a circle in the middle if you isolate the return.

It can also be done with a cateye/isolation which looks nice.

I don't believe I've ever heard of that movement having a name.

hug

MidkiffBRONZE Member
shadow stranger
462 posts

Posted:
ok i have another one what about a armpit reel? what that be what it was called? i found the other day that you can do a reel like a shoulder reel then armpit then waist then armpit then shoulder reel

SpinnerofDetroitGOLD Member
All High Dude, Ruler of What You Want
2,280 posts

Posted:
Isn't an armpit reel just the same thing as a hip reel but your hands raised up?

The only luck is bad luck.

Shut up before I stall my poi up your ass grin

AlienJonGOLD Member
enthusiast
290 posts

Posted:
Originally Posted By: SpinnerofDetroitHe does not do a linear extension though. A linear extension s just moving your hand up and down with the poi, he's moving his hands in a circle.

There are a variety of ways to add linear extensions, or at least elliptical accents to weaving moves. You can certainly do them vertically, diagonally or horizontally. It just takes some cleaning up to get it very linear. You can also do an ellips with every beat, a bit like punching every beat of the weave.

*update* I decided to dig up some concepts to do with linear extensions and ellipse pulses: [Old link]

EDITED_BY: AlienJon (1279009127)
EDIT_REASON: linked to video

+Alien Jon

MidkiffBRONZE Member
shadow stranger
462 posts

Posted:
well it adds another 2 beats to the moon chasing sun vid i put up so i dont really know if it is any different or not i wouldnt call it a hip reel or a shoulder reel i dont quite know what to call it or if it has been named already or what

MidkiffBRONZE Member
shadow stranger
462 posts

Posted:
ok does anyone know what a 2 beat atomic that has 6 beats total would be called?

SpinnerofDetroitGOLD Member
All High Dude, Ruler of What You Want
2,280 posts

Posted:
If it has 6 beats wouldn't it be a 6 beat atomic?

The only luck is bad luck.

Shut up before I stall my poi up your ass grin

MidkiffBRONZE Member
shadow stranger
462 posts

Posted:
but it is 2 beats on the right 2 beats on the left then 2 beats in the middle before it resets to the right there is a tutorial on it in the learn section now

MidkiffBRONZE Member
shadow stranger
462 posts

Posted:
ok awhile back i learned how to do a in spin flower on a wheel plane in a weaving sort of fashion and just recently i started isolating each petal i havent got it down good yet anyone ever heard of this?

Page: