Forums > Technical Discussion > Safe metals to use for Fire Buugeng

Login/Join to Participate

keeblerGOLD Member
stranger
2 posts

Posted:
So I have been thinking about making a set of Fire Buugeng but have been trying to figure out if I want to go Stainless steal or aluminum to make the staffs. Any views on which would be better. I hear aluminum produces toxins when you burn it/ heat it

MidkiffBRONZE Member
shadow stranger
462 posts

Posted:
ok i'm not exactly sure if it would be the best thing for it but i think tungsten would be the best it is heat resistant shatter resistant and extremely strong and cools down ridiculously fast the only reason i know this is because i tig weld and you use tungsten rods

"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able, and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" - Epicurus

liquidtrancei dream in circles...
336 posts

Posted:
I'd probably use a reasonable gauge of tubular aluminium, the length metal of the curves should be more than enough to dissipate the heat before it reaches you hands, easier to work with than steel and not too heavy. Haven't heard of it producing toxins, one of my fire staffs is aluminium and when I bother to clean it up the metal looks fresh, no signs of deterioration.
(if i remember chemistry rightly aluminium as a pure metal forms an extremely non-reactive layer on it's surface which protects it)

even chuck norris can't pin you down if your on fire

RagnarokFireBRONZE Member
stranger
6 posts

Posted:
Aluminum doesn't, but galvanized steel will, as it's coated with zinc, which DOES produce toxic fumes when heated. Aluminum is totally safe, and a large majority of fire toys are made of it.

SpinnerofDetroitGOLD Member
All High Dude, Ruler of What You Want
2,280 posts

Posted:
Aluminum forms a very thing layer of aluminum oxide on the surface is what you're thinking of. And the staffs HoP sells are made of Aluminum so I'd say that's a good choice. And stainless steel would be really heavy I can imagine.

The only luck is bad luck.

Shut up before I stall my poi up your ass grin

keeblerGOLD Member
stranger
2 posts

Posted:
All right cool, now I just need to get it cut and it will be done!!! and pictures will fallow!!!

SpinnerofDetroitGOLD Member
All High Dude, Ruler of What You Want
2,280 posts

Posted:
Awesome, I'm glad we could be of help, Can't wait to see how they turn out grin

The only luck is bad luck.

Shut up before I stall my poi up your ass grin