Forums > Social Chat > Eurovision Double-Staffers

Login/Join to Participate

Fine_Rabid_DogInternet Hate Machine
10,530 posts

Posted:
So Finland has got two pretty nifty double staff spinners on stage.

Check it out!.

The existance of flamethrowers says that someone, somewhere, at sometime said "I need to set that thing on fire, but it's too far away."

Mr MajestikSILVER Member
coming to a country near you
4,696 posts

Posted:
linky?

"but have you considered there is more to life than your eyelids?"

jointly owned by Fire_Spinning_Angel and Blu_Valley

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
Tommi and Anti? grin

Firetrampold hand
898 posts

Posted:
Nah, that ws couple of years ago ;-)

Ask a question and be a fool for a minute...don't ask and be a fool your whole life.

DomBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,009 posts

Posted:
Ironic that it'd be Finland with staff spinners on stage and not use their finest. Oh well, at least they were adequate and suitably cheesy!

Mr MajestikSILVER Member
coming to a country near you
4,696 posts

Posted:
someone mention cheese? yom! grin

"but have you considered there is more to life than your eyelids?"

jointly owned by Fire_Spinning_Angel and Blu_Valley

DomBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,009 posts

Posted:
Check it:

Mother_Natures_SonSILVER Member
Rampant whirler.
2,418 posts

Posted:
Guess they didn't want patterned flameys taking too much away from the music?

hug

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
They look like models turned fire spinners. With only maybe 1% of antti's skill. They were as far as I can tell, dropless, and clearly shirtless which is what they were paid for. Shame about their tiny flames and kinda bad choreography.

"the now legendary" - Kaskade
"the still legendary" - Kaskade

I spunked in my friend's aquarium and the fish ate it. I love all fish. Especially the pink ones. They are my bitches. - Anon.

MikefromGlosSILVER Member
Hitman
985 posts

Posted:
must say eurovison love anything like this

he he i am mike the amazing gloscircus person who is mike.

Officaly an exception to the Poi Boys are Girls Thing

Fine_Rabid_DogInternet Hate Machine
10,530 posts

Posted:
Originally Posted By: UnscrupulousChavOffersFootTommi and Anti? grin

Originally Posted By: DomIronic that it'd be Finland with staff spinners on stage and not use their finest. Oh well, at least they were adequate and suitably cheesy!

I thought that too at first. The commentator was all "finest performers in Finland" or something and I was all "Holy smokes! The Rubber Heart Duo?".

But nah. Disappointing really frown

The existance of flamethrowers says that someone, somewhere, at sometime said "I need to set that thing on fire, but it's too far away."

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
Originally Posted By: Fine_Rabid_DogThe commentator

Graham Norton literally sucks ba11s.

I really dislike him frown

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
really? I thought he did an excellent turn at pretending to be terry wogan. He made me laugh.

I spunked in my friend's aquarium and the fish ate it. I love all fish. Especially the pink ones. They are my bitches. - Anon.

NikoFLOWnewbie
27 posts

Posted:
Got to tell you something. That's me on the stage. Do you guys really think that it is worth to put some difficult juggling patterns on the eurovision stage when you are ment to be backround visuals and take cameracontacts. That wasn't our show it was waldo's show. What comes to size of flames. There is pretty strict rules on the stage and staffs must be almost dry. They claim for zero drops. What comes to the cheesy shirtless style that's what you are paid for... after all it a eurovision !

Rampant whirler.
2,418 posts

Posted:
I dont think anyone said anything about juggling patterns.

I'd have liked to see some sort of doubles pattern other than swirly swirly swirly swirl, but as I said earlier, they probably wouldnt have wanted that since you're just backing up the vocal performers.

hug

NikoFLOWnewbie
27 posts

Posted:
Originally Posted By: Mother_Natures_SonI dont think anyone said anything about juggling patterns.

I'd have liked to see some sort of doubles pattern other than swirly swirly swirly swirl, but as I said earlier, they probably wouldnt have wanted that since you're just backing up the vocal performers.

Well I mentioned the juggling patterns because that's what we mostly do....

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
chill man, getting paid is what's important.

and getting on tv, also fun.

Rampant whirler.
2,418 posts

Posted:
Fair enough, Niko. I have very little comment overall.. I'm a poister much more than a staffer.

hug

=Flashpoint=SILVER Member
Pasta of Muppets
2,722 posts

Posted:
Originally Posted By: mcpchill man, getting paid is what's important.

Hear Hear!

ohmygodlaserbeamspewpewpew!
ubbrollsmileubbrollsmileubbrollsmileubbrollsmile

NikoFLOWnewbie
27 posts

Posted:
Ohh.. I almost had forgot this topic... so here is something for you from these two pretty nifty double staff male spinners

dividsonstranger
1 post

Posted:
LOL.. According to this "With only maybe 1% of antti's skill and that video". MCP has to be really bad at maths or Antti has solid atleast seven staff shower or something like that nowdays. Well done Niko.. really amazing!

NathanielEveristSILVER Member
enthusiast
315 posts

Posted:
Hey, so far as background stage performances go, i was quite impressed. You guys have definitely got skills, and from watching just the eurovision video, that was obvious, because while you didn't do anything too crazy, the fact that you were doing some of the stuff you were with enough confidence not to drop at all was impressive, because a drop could've been disasterous! Imagine if it rolled onto the leg of one of the singers, she freaks out and stops singing and starts screaming, but the singing voicetrack continues... that would've been terrible for all, I think you did a great job, and I know you can't judge somebody's skill from this sort of performance, because often you're told to keep it simple so as not to detract from the focus.

EDIT: Just watched the video you posted, amazing stuff. If you were doing that in the eurovision performance, the audience would've forgotten there were even people singing on stage. Great staff juggling, what circus school is that you're training at?
EDITED_BY: NathanielEverist (1271807079)

NikoFLOWnewbie
27 posts

Posted:
Thanks, Finally here is people who understand that there is difference to have own gig or backround gig and there is a difference in doing show in eurovision stage or show in the park. I have been performing seven years now and there is hundreds of small things you need to consider before performing in eurovision stage.
EDITED_BY: NikoFLOW (1272040602)