Forums > Meet Others > Anyone in Hamilton, New Zealand????

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
Mr. Wally-ishSILVER Member
There's always room for 11 people in a two man tent
31 posts

Posted:
Hey peoples..

Just wondering if there's anything going on on Hamilton, NZ?
At the moment all I can see so far on our spinning scene is a few tumble weed balls floating around. laugh3

So yeah anywhoo... If there's anything going on in the place 'where it's happening' Or there's some like minded people who would be keen for a get together then give me a yell

Cheers guys

31 posts

Posted:
So I've procured a 20L Drum of jet fuel/kerosene/whatever you want to call it, and it needs to be used. We're thinking fire/glow/whatever night this thurz from 7.00pm-ish inwards till whenever you need to be back at home. Probably be weather dependent too. I'll PM you guys with details

NaiaSILVER Member
stranger
6 posts

Posted:
I'm in Taupo, and would love to pop over now and then when the roads aren't too bad and I have the time. I'm pretty new to poi though, so would be more likely to soak up the skills and atmosphere than to offer much myself.

midnightzenithSILVER Member
stranger
9 posts

Posted:
Yeah, we rapidly arrived at the conclusion that what the council doesnt know wont hurt us! For the moment the plan is to use our place cause we've got plenty of space, but seeing as we're kinda out in the wops we mite sort something else out soon. We'll see...

First fire nite this week!!!! email me or wally for details, but we're hoping to make them a regular thing. It's gonna be good! well, hopefully...

A positive attitude may not fix everything, but it will annoy enough people to make it worthwhile!

31 posts

Posted:
Hey Im frequently in taupo as i spent the first few odd years of my life there myself. So if im down sometime would you be interested in meeting up for a spin?
That would be really cool if you wanted to come up and have a bit of a ply with us. Whats the taupo scene like? Is there anyone down there
EDITED_BY: Mr. Wally-ish (1245203747)
EDIT_REASON: thought I should add some more stuff

PuffSILVER Member
The Magic Dragon
134 posts

Posted:
Hey I believe some friends of friends of mine (or something like that) are doing a wee thing down your way on Monday. I'll just copy and paste what he put on Farcebook.

"Tribal Fire" our crazy friends from hamilton, fire, dance, taiko drumming, belly dancing.... 6pm monday june 22 at hamilton metor theatre...

Let my words, dear friends, be treasures. Weightless golden butterflies that hang before your eyes for seconds, then are gone. But the dust of truth and beauty that their wingbeats leave behind will settle on your soul and make you happy. - Edward Monkton

31 posts

Posted:
Could you post a link please? Id be prety interested in going to check that out

PuffSILVER Member
The Magic Dragon
134 posts

Posted:
https://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=83764819425
is the link to the facebook event. As far as I know it's being run by dwarf star, a fire dancing troupe in your area so you might meet some cool people.

Let my words, dear friends, be treasures. Weightless golden butterflies that hang before your eyes for seconds, then are gone. But the dust of truth and beauty that their wingbeats leave behind will settle on your soul and make you happy. - Edward Monkton

31 posts

Posted:
thanks for that. me and my mate went along to check it out. best $10 i ever spent

stranger
9 posts

Posted:
You didnt tell me about this!!! Lol you could have taken me for my birthday tongue2 we'll debrief 2nite, im curious about what it was like now!

A positive attitude may not fix everything, but it will annoy enough people to make it worthwhile!

stranger
9 posts

Posted:
Hi world, just keeping the net updated with what were doing...

After a bit of a break, weekly spinning things are back on. Meeting at around 7 on monday evenings by the plane in that park on memorial dr. We've aquired more people so there are quite a few of us now. Yay! Always room for more tho, we'd love to see any new faces.

PuffSILVER Member
The Magic Dragon
134 posts

Posted:
Howdy Cats.

One of my good buddies down your way (if you went to the tribal fire thing I mentioned, she was the tiny blonde belly dancer) is organising a couple of fire nights. what follows is a recount of what she said to me on facebook just now.

All events are in real time...

Originally Posted By: fbchat
Rachael
ours will be weds and friday nights
but the friday night will be the cool one
because i will be there
10:35Chris
excellent. any more info I can pass on?
10:36Rachael
um... weds will be at the rose grdens... dates TBC, and friday will be at the uni lakes with waitaiko, dates TBC. There's a huge undercover area at uni that we can use if it pisses down too. People who wanna jam come jam, people who wanna learn come learn, share ideas etc
um.. BYO fuel

More information as it comes to light

stranger
9 posts

Posted:
If its Rachael with really long blonde hair, i know her from uni. Definitely keen to go along to anything she organises, but for a couple of us we have other commitments on Wed nites, so another day would be better, if theres she doesnt mind changing...

Sounds like a great idea tho!!

PuffSILVER Member
The Magic Dragon
134 posts

Posted:
Aye thats the one! Went to intermediate with her smile. I'm sure she'd be happy enough to sort something out.

Charlie FoxPLATINUM Member
Burinating the village like Trogdor
156 posts

Posted:
The Hamilton based Fire Troupe goes by the name of Dwarf Star Entertainment;

https://www.dwarfstarentertainment.com/

One of the advantages of being disorderly is that one is constantly making exciting discoveries.
- A.A. Milne

Don't join dangerous cults: Practice safe sects!
- Anon (I think)

31 posts

Posted:
Hey just wondering if you had any more information about the wednesday and friday night sessions? or is it all still kind of in the processes of?

Page: