HOENBRONZE Member
stranger
4 posts

Posted:
What methods do you use to keep your speed in check?

When I do windmills/rotors/hand wraps/whatever you'd want to call them, I notice its very easy to speed up and that speed is all but lost when I try moving into arm wraps/elbow wraps/neck wraps.

So yeah, is there an answer to this other than with practice comes greater speed control?

Mother_Natures_SonSILVER Member
Rampant whirler.
2,418 posts

Posted:
If you move the rest of your body at all, try moving it slowly as well. Deliberate motions and that sort of thing. Thats all I've got. Not a huge amount, but its something. ^_^

hug

tim_marstonaddict
614 posts

Posted:
you could try practising the transfers between each trick so they are as smooth as the tricks themselves.
apart from that try training with slower tempo music,
spinnig fast and controlled is very difficult, spinning fast and sloppy is easy, the difference is huge and well worth the work,i personally think fast smooth spinning is beautiful
good luck

animatEdBRONZE Member
1 + 1 = 3
3,540 posts

Posted:
you're not using the momentum properly. You're using it to speed up, which is right, but you're not knowing when to stop applying force, and just let the stick spin itself now and again, or even apply opposite force to slow it down some.

Just relax, and you'll be fine. this does click in your mind with practice. Practice spinning, but only applying just enough force to keep the stick moving super slowly.

After a while, you'll find the speed that is right for you, and the above exercise will help you keep it in that speed. smile

Empty your mind. Be formless, Shapeless, like Water.
Put Water into a cup, it becomes the cup, put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle, put water into a teapot, it becomes the teapot.
Water can flow, or it can Crash.
Be Water My Friend.

burningoftheclaveySILVER Member
lurking like a ninja with no camouflage..
926 posts

Posted:
Also, I think a mix of slow and fast spinning can look really beautiful, it doesnt need to be one speed all the time but when you are slowing down or speeding up you should practise doing it smoothly, as it can go very easily into a sloppy movement. Hope this helps smile

on spam robots - "Burn the robot! Melt him down, and then we can make lots and lots of money from his shiiiny juices!"

Owned by Brenn smile

tim_marstonaddict
614 posts

Posted:
another tip is try using the noise of the flames to create a steady rythym