Forums > Other Toys > How to make Gun-Savon(Bubble Poi).

Login/Join to Participate

yoneyaBRONZE Member
4 posts

Posted:
Hi.

I live in Japan.

I made video "How to make Gun-Savon and "Gun-Savon(Bubble Poi)" .

Please enjoy it!

How to make Gun-Savon.

Gun-Savon(Bubble Poi)

EDITED_BY: yoneya (1215132577)

ElectricBlueGOLD Member
Now with extra strawberries
810 posts

Posted:
Ooo looks good.
I have been wanting to make ups a set of those for a while.
This has defenatly inspired my to have a go smile

I {Heart} hand me downs and spinning in the snow.<br /><br />

CharlesBRONZE Member
Corporate Circus Arts Entertainer
3,989 posts

Posted:
Very cool...

How well do they stand up to impact crashes? (I know my poi skills aren't so great)

HoP Posting Guidelines
* Is it the Truth?
* Is it Fair to all concerned?
* Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
* Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

DomBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,009 posts

Posted:
Thanks for the video yoneya. Bubble poi are excellent fun!

NYC made me a pair years ago and they're probably sitting in a drawer somewhere. They require smooth movements and really don't respond well to impacts. At best they spin around and stop working, but more likely they'll break apart (the props come off in mine for flat storage) and physics will ensure you're covered in bubble juice. But at least is smells nicer than fuel!

PinkNigelPinker than thou
336 posts

Posted:
That's all very nice, but wouldn't they be much better with a g-force accelerator?

(ducks and runs for cover)

A wise man once said: "You have two ears and one mouth, therefore you should shut the censored up and listen" (though, to be fair, he might not've put it _quite_ like that..)

FlyingPoiGuynewbie
15 posts

Posted:
G-force accelerator is not patent protected.
Swinging planes on a cord is however. You are free to make these things at home but can not sell them.

The other post was locked because of some very rude and arrogant buggers who spout out a bunch of jealous nonsense.

Imbalance and the other ‘experts’ have NEVER tried HyperFlyz, how would they know if they are any good or not?

HyperFlyz are much lighter and aerodynamics’, they are not cheaply made, it is made of foam so it can be light weight thus more aerodynamic.

Hyper Flyz can do ALL the tricks and even better than regular poi. Since it so light weight, it is much easier to control.

HyperFlyz.com

LazyAngelGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,895 posts

Posted:
*notifies mods*

the above is offtopic unless you're saying that the 'gun-savon' bubble poi are in breach of your patent (which you should probably take up by PM with the original poster)

For anyone wondering what this is all about please read [Old link]

but please let's not derail someone else's thread. If you have any issue with what I've written please do it by PM.

Because ActiveAngel sounds like a feminine deodorant

Like sex, I'm much more interesting in real life than online.

'Be the change you want to see in the world around you' - Ghandi

336 posts

Posted:
 Written by :LazyAngel

but please let's not derail someone else's thread.

My bad.
Sorry all... Cheap gags ain't so funny when you have to apologize for their consequences...

A wise man once said: "You have two ears and one mouth, therefore you should shut the censored up and listen" (though, to be fair, he might not've put it _quite_ like that..)

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
 Written by :FlyingPoiGuy

G-force accelerator is not patent protected.

Correct. 10 Points.

Swinging planes on a cord is however. You are free to make these things at home but can not sell them.

Is that an international patent you have then? If so, it still wouldn't matter as the designs are so different. Yours are made of foam and look like planes, his are made of plastic and make bubbles when spun. Take screwdrivers for example - you can't patent a cross head screwdriver and insist that no one is allowed to make and sell flat head screwdrivers - its essentially the same thing, but totally different designs.

Imbalance and the other ‘experts’ have NEVER tried HyperFlyz, how would they know if they are any good or not?

Probably as (I assume) they have spun lightweight poi before shrug
While you will probably argue that yours are more aerodynamic than regular poi, the fact remains. Lightweight things are rubbish for spinning. It's still a mass on the end of a string.

HyperFlyz are much lighter and aerodynamics’, they are not cheaply made, it is made of foam so it can be light weight thus more aerodynamic.

Weight DOES NOT EQUAL aerodynanisism. If it did, I'd be able to throw a feather, or a piece of unfolded paper further than I currently can.

Hyper Flyz can do ALL the tricks and even better than regular poi.

Better? You aren't still going on that whole "These poi do tricks better" ploy are you? rolleyes It's the person spinning who makes the tricks better, not the poi. My poi do the worst 5 beat weave you have ever seen when they are laying on the floor and no-one is anywhere near them.

Since it so light weight, it is much easier to control.

No. It is harder.
Less weight = more speed needed to keep them pulling outwards due to centripetal forces.
More speed = less time to think (feel) where the poi are and what you need to do in order to get them where you want them to be.
Less time to think + more speed = more tangles, more hits of self, increased time needed to learn a trick.

If I were made of cheese, I'd swim in a jar of plum jam remembering all the happy times I'd spent with my mother under the cacti at our ranch in France, rubbing lard into our armpits, then letting the ants crawl over us.

offtopic

Back to the bubbles. smile

FlyingPoiGuynewbie
15 posts

Posted:
"Probably as (I assume) they have spun lightweight poi before

While you will probably argue that yours are more aerodynamic than regular poi, the fact remains. Lightweight things are rubbish for spinning. It's still a mass on the end of a string."

Yes you assume and you make an ass out of yourself!

Why are you telling me what works and doesn't work? Have you ever tried spinning HyperFlyz? No i don't think so. In fact you have no clue on how they're made or how they work. So how would know?

Sound like only thing your an expert on is verbal diarrhea!

lolsign

HyperFlyz.com

Fire_MooseSILVER Member
Elusive and Bearded
3,597 posts

Posted:

The other post was locked because of some very rude and arrogant buggers who spout out a bunch of jealous nonsense.

Sounds like a likley fate for this thread....because of a "rude and arrogant bugger"

you obviously didn't have anything to do with the other thread being locked huh?

O.B.E.S.E.

Owned by Mynci!

LazyAngelGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,895 posts

Posted:
let's draw a line under all this and go back to talking about bubbles: if there's any more discussion to be done please use PMs smile

(line)
\/
------------------------------------------------------------------

yay! bubble poi!

ElectricBlueGOLD Member
810 posts

Posted:
Yoneya, thanks for posting the instructions.
I'm really keen to make a set of these but i'm having trouble finding the propellers and the bubble planes.

Do you know of any good places that you can buy them on the internet?

Thanks,
Blue

LazyAngelGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,895 posts

Posted:
if you have a look here

there's a company that sells things from the Pustefix company mentioned in the video smile

ElectricBlueGOLD Member
810 posts

Posted:
Ooo Cool thanks,
Any tips for the props?

the_mods_stole_my_nameSILVER Member
travelling without moving
1,286 posts

Posted:
''Why are you telling me what works and doesn't work? Have you ever tried spinning HyperFlyz? No i don't think so. In fact you have no clue on how they're made or how they work. So how would know? ''

i'm making an assumption here, based on the fact that i'm an aeronautical engineer....do hyperflyz use the force generated by the 'wing' stuctures to imitate the force that would usually be given by weight? if so, the fact that your poi are light has absolutely no effect on the way they spin. its all to do with airflow.

as i said, thats just an assumption, correct me if i'm wrong.
offtopic

anyhow, i like the idea of those bubble poi, i may dabble into creating a way of making some myself, maybe without the plane shaped poi though.

Heilige Scheiße, Batman kommt!

Reality is just a state of mind which occurs through a lack of lsd

XxX owned by devilsarmy XxX

O.B.E.S.E.

astonSILVER Member
Unofficial Chairperson of Squirrel Defense League
4,061 posts

Posted:
Curious about where the name Gun-Savon comes from....

Although, with my poor net here I have not been able to watch the videos. If I missed it there, tell me and I will watch them in a couple weeks.

'We're all mad here. I'm mad, you're mad." [said the Cat.]
"How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "Or you wouldn't have come here."
- Lewis Carroll, Alice's Adventures In Wonderland

LazyAngelGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,895 posts

Posted:
I think the propellors come with the planes, from the video yoneya posted

ElectricBlueGOLD Member
810 posts

Posted:
Yeah they come with one set of propellors but he replaced them with others that worked better when you spin the planes like poi.

LazyAngelGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,895 posts

Posted:
ubbidea Ah I see!

it looked to me a bit like the propellor you get on those 'handy-fan' things?

336 posts

Posted:
Try sourcing them through model shops (the kind that sell train sets and model plane/tank/ship kits and the like) - they often have a homebuild radio-controlled aircraft dept. with a variety of propellors.

1,286 posts

Posted:
i'm guessing that if you were to stop spinning, or if you didn't spin fast enough, the bubble solution would pour out of its reservoir. surely this could be an issue?

O.B.E.S.E.

336 posts

Posted:
Having done a fair bit of playing with water-bowl meteors (and pint-glass swinging...) I can assure you that you don't have to spin particularly fast to keep the liquid in place. And from vertical planes stalls are a good way to stop without spills, so loss of bubble liquid shouldn't be an issue.

1,286 posts

Posted:
fair enough. i suppose it doesn't take alot of speed to build up the centripetal force required to keep it from spilling. I'd still like to see if its possible to make some kind of bubble making poi without the plane though. ......runs off to investigate.

O.B.E.S.E.