Forums > Social Chat > Moral Support For Superman

Login/Join to Participate

N8member
336 posts

Posted:
Ok so I've been reading Super's post and seeing how some of you react to the things he says, I think that you're reading into his stuff a little critically.Now please back me up on this one Supes- Almost all the stuff he says is light-hearted I realize this now. Some of you don't however. The man is trying to make a few people smile, but some of you are a little high-strung. Not that I know everything but I don't think a joke is worth your trouble. Definately we can all say that there are bigger battle to fight. These posts of his are just jokes, personally I laugh like hell at most of them.I come form Western New York- one of the most uptight and narrow-minded places in the world. I'm sure Pele will agree. Some poeple forget the purpose of a joke, everything has to be PC and non-offending to the entire world. They always focus on the bad and don't want anything to upset their fragile little lives. sheesh. rolleyesToo often I find too many people ultimately jumping to some horrible conclusion that the world is falling down around us. Ok, well maybe in some respects it is. But for every rotten person in this world, I believe there is a good person to balance out their evil.The man of steel isn't tryin to piss everyone off, at least I don't think so.just smile dammit (N8 wonders where that came from confused )For everyone reading this be a little less-hypercritical today. Some things in life should just be taken cum grano salis (with a grain of salt). There are worse things in life than- "the beer prayer" wink Step back a second, look a little broader than beer=alcaholism, or jokes about women=pig-headed male. People just create more intolerance when they fail to see the humor behind a potentally offensive comment. In essence it winds up where we bash someone who bashes people- and for what? For the purpose of prooving that bashing is worng?Even this post was written with a smile of my face the whole time smileI'm sure some of you will agree and disagree, that's just the way these things work. Perhaps I made someone smile, perhaps I made someone's hit list (lol) I suppose only time will tell.Supes I for one appreciate your light hearted nature in a wolrd of hypercondriacs. Cheers,N8------------------Care of other people's approval and you become their prisoner.Live fully, Rave wholly.Fluid are the movements of my strings...

Care of other people's approval and you become their prisoner.Live fully, Rave wholly.Fluid are the movements of my strings...

SupermanBRONZE Member
829 posts

Posted:
Bite me N8...i dont need you to apologize or rationalize my posts. Take your moral support and stick it in your ass. Im a big boy And i can take care of myself..Keep your comments to yourself and outta my business............. grin grin grin grin grin grin Im sorry i couldnt resist it was way too easy of a target.....hee heeI appreciate that N8. I made this site my new internet home. So when i read something and it strikes me as funny, i post it. Granted averything i post isnt going to entertain everyone. But when i make it a point to say that it is just a joke and I still get flamed...i was about to give up. If you ahvent noticed, i dont take life very seriously...Yes i was the class clown. I had developed sarcasm into an art form by my freshman yr of highschool.(theres always exceptions, and the things that really matter in life i do take seriously)Ive stated before...i am a HUGE George Carlin fan. I dont beleive that our society should be ruled by words.Believe me i have some jokes that would make Hitler blush. But i steer clear of those on this board because even i felt they were a tad..offensive. But i felt the board needed to be juiced a smidgeon with some humor.I try to cover all areas in the future..Next week ill be covering "why did the chicken cross the road" jokes. Im behind you all the way N8. I luv everyone. Even that ALIBABBA guy that flamed me in my first thread. where is he anyway? I miss him. He made me grin.all this said, I fell better. I was starting to feel..well unwanted..<> most horrible feeling. But i am mucho better after the kind words of N8. Just be glad you guys dont work with me, you'd be the blunt of my practical jokes.Well im going to go take my break now. I think ill stand around the water cooler, flirt with the secretary, and tell jokes about a gay bashing womanizer, that clubs seals & torches the american flag for kicks.. [image]https://www.homeofpoi.com/ubb/images/icons/grin.gif">Super------------------[/image]"We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of the dreams"- Willy Wonka

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear--not absence of fear.

- Mark Twain

fireflymember
52 posts

Posted:
i love you guys!keep on joking.to the "serious" people:go home and cry in your pillows!

frank bentzin

Girl From Marsmember
168 posts

Posted:
ROCK ON!!!!!!!!------------------the music feeds my soul that glows and grows with every spin i take.

the music feeds my soul that glows and grows with every spin i take.

Girl From Marsmember
168 posts

Posted:
hehehe n8 said cum.------------------the music feeds my soul that glows and grows with every spin i take.

the music feeds my soul that glows and grows with every spin i take.

N8member
336 posts

Posted:
you couldn't resist it could you laurie?!?!I knew someone was going to say something about tha word the second I typed it, it just figures that it was my girlfriend....is she cool or what?

Care of other people's approval and you become their prisoner.Live fully, Rave wholly.Fluid are the movements of my strings...

Shouden-CrDSILVER Member
Veteran Member
495 posts

Posted:
heh Silly peeps. Mad love! Keep smilin! Keep the happy vibes flowin! Without the happy vibes, the bad vibes would take over, and none of us what that do we??? PLUR------------------ [PLUR]-=Crazy Raver Dude=-

-=ÇrazyRaverÐude=-

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
well - Sups, I think you have certainly had an effect on the Vibe of this corner of Cyberspace...ppl who have been here for a while (unlike me) might resent you for the fact that you have had an effect, and they havent (or they just like it the way it was).The only constant is change. Go with it or be upset smileOn the other hand, they may have some good points. This board is reasonably poi orientated, and none of your jokes so far have been. If they wanted Jokes, they would seek them out on another board.I like your jokes, but you have to keep inputting on 'real' threads to make up for it.Your openess and enthusiasm will only cover you so far... smileRock on dude, stay real.Josh

s-p-l-a-tmember
383 posts

Posted:
I didn't like the beer 'prayer' because of a very unique circumstance at the moment that is rotating around in my head every day. 'Alcohol affects people other than the alcoholic.'- explains it if sounding too much like a pamphlet. I was very sensitive that day too (i guess the wrong day of all days with me to be making jokes about alcohol).I can't imagine how anyone could be annoyed at a new person coming to homeofpoi since 'newbies' always bring in new ideas. I love seeing creative new poi ideas. Always.I guess I would like it if the joke thread titles said they were nonpoi threads but it really won't be hard to get over if they aren't. I had just assumed from previous experience that all threads were about poi. I wasn't 'crapping' on you Superman - I was merely expressing my disgust at alcoholism. I was (at the time) annoyed to see it being a subject of plain jest in our virtual poi backyard when all I wanted to do was just chill out and read some rad ideas about poi.

The beautiful thing about learning is that no one can take it away from you.- B.B.King

SupermanBRONZE Member
829 posts

Posted:
i have no hard feelings towards anyone...Im just a little skyed because i was the topic of a thread. <> yoose guys got me all choked up now.Poi jokes...? i dont think i ever heard any poi jokes. Ok ill wing it...This Poi swings into a bar. He goes to the bartender and asks "hey buddy, ya got a light?"I really dont even think i post that many jokes. These last two weeks or so i have just because i have com across alot of new material..But it is not like i do not contribute to the Poi discussion. I doubt i have 280 jokes posted. Im in the new moves forum constantly inserting input.Hell pj, adam, ski, N8, Mr. Sock, and a few others have been in a revolvong door of new moves for the past week or so.Its been great!!Sooooooo, i will cut back on the jokes, just a little. Im here to please the masses...just like my ex-girlfriend was.Or malcom could set up an extra forum for everything else discussion..Ill moderate it.We can call it the forteuss of solitude..Catchy huh?hee hee grin I luv yoose guys!!!Super'------------------"Only the warrior that hears the call will know when to leave, Where to go" -unknown"We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of the dreams"- Willy Wonka

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear--not absence of fear.

- Mark Twain