AaphrodytiBRONZE Member
6 posts

Posted:
Ok so I was having loads of problems doing a low turn (n00b) and I read the post saying to turn your body, not the poi. I did that and it worked (I think) except my poi are still going forwards instead of reverse. I think Im doing something wrong somewhere and was wondering if anyone has or can make a clear,close up video as I cant suss out that teeny tiny GIF. Thanks guys, just gonna go collapse as I hit myself in the head right on the soft, nerve bit at the back and feel a bit sick haha!

RaveRepresentSILVER Member
addict
567 posts

Posted:
Nahh! Don't call yourself a noob, we've all started some where.

As for the help.. Hmm.. I'd say spin the poi in same time, very slow. And once the poi move close to your legs, turn your body and arms to the side. Start off slow, and you'll get it, mate.

Best of luck to you!

"I don't know what you are talking about"

"Cardinal!!! Poke her... with the SOFT CUSIONS!!!!"

"Its not working my lord!"

"Have you got all of the stuffing on one end?!"

squidBRONZE Member
sanguine
382 posts

Posted:
yah. Ive been spinning for a year now and I just now walloped myself right in the teeth.

When you are turning, pay attention to which direction your hands are pointing. You may be adding an extra twist in there which is sending you back into forward spin.

"to a man whose only tool is a hammer, the whole world looks like a nail." Abraham Maslow

AaphrodytiBRONZE Member
6 posts

Posted:
Wooo I figured it out. No idea how but I think I was doing something stupid with my hands. Cheers guys