_Annie_BRONZE Member
28 posts

Posted:
Is there any place where I can get a contact staff (that does not include threeworlds down at the coast) I had a play with a really nice heavy one this weekend and everything just flowed! usually i find some things a bit hard with the light ones. *sigh* Any one know any places?

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
u are in queensland, australia, i take it?
what's wrong with 3 worlds? there's nothing wrong with rick's equipment - he made me a set of my first fire snakes in like half a day!
try dirty hands, they;re aussie too.

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

_Annie_BRONZE Member
28 posts

Posted:
I never said that there was anything wrong. I just wanted to know if there were other places that i could go to..

CharlesBRONZE Member
Corporate Circus Arts Entertainer
3,989 posts

Posted:
How about the Home of Poi Shop? Someone told me somewhere they have great stuff! wink

HoP Posting Guidelines
* Is it the Truth?
* Is it Fair to all concerned?
* Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
* Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

_Annie_BRONZE Member
28 posts

Posted:
Could do, *sigh* Im just looking for something.. its strange.... but i need to feel connected to the staff that ia m going to buy lol

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
shhh don't tell charles or malcolm I said this but why not make your own?

you can get the specifics you want and the act of making it will bond you to your stick biggrin

A couple of balls short of a full cascade... or maybe a few cards short of a deck... we'll see how this all fans out.

_Annie_BRONZE Member
28 posts

Posted:
You know what, I like the way you think.

so question

how much does my height have a effect on the staff ?

DentrassiGOLD Member
ZORT!
3,045 posts

Posted:
hey rexxy - send me a PM if youve got contact staff questions and ill help you - otherwise we'll start chocking up the board.

E. ubbrollsmile

"Here kitty kitty...." - Schroedinger.

_Annie_BRONZE Member
28 posts

Posted:
i love you dentrassi!

kevannewbie
7 posts

Posted:
best way is make your own, i have had 5 different staffs and theyve cost me a total of £8. the only part i havnt replaced so far is the wicks. i copied the design of my current one from a contact staff a friend had made for him at a festival. the centre is made from a wooden broom pole with weighted metal tubes slotted over the ends ( i used coins to weight it so i guess it cost me about 80p in 1ps). it is one of the best staffs ive used.

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
I have just got 2 x 140cm fibre 3 contact staffs biggrin and have found they are brilliant for staff on staff contact doubles just thought I'd share this with people who didn't know wink
p.s they made my hands blue after about an hour of playing ubblol

A couple of balls short of a full cascade... or maybe a few cards short of a deck... we'll see how this all fans out.

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
They ARE sweet for staff-on-staff though I just sold my two 140cm staffs to Bubbles and have left my two 120cm ones in the hands of my Munky....

(now read that again and think of Michael Jackson... ubblol)

Personally I didn't like the grip they came with, either the black padded grips or the silicone so I stripped them off and used cork grip instead. Not as durable but hell of a lot more comfortable (and makes the staff thinner too)

"I used to want to change the world, now I just wanna leave the room with a little dignity..." - Lotus Weinstock

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
I haven't had a problem with the silicone yet and you can do the move round your wrists and the staff continuously without pausing, how did you take the silicone grip off dave? did you just cut it?

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
No I had the black padded ones. They were lovely and comfy... for a while. Very easy to remove.

Besides I'm too skinny and the silcone staffs REALLY hurt my wristbone and other bones (hence the sweatbands that have been giving me a tanline on my wrists!)

"I used to want to change the world, now I just wanna leave the room with a little dignity..." - Lotus Weinstock

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
ubblol I used sweat bands to learn fishtails... worked a treat, may have to find them again for doubles ubblol

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
though now with the cork grip I'm finding it easier to do dual fishies WITHOUT the sweatbands...

(I still wear them to hide my embarassingly thin wrists!!! redface)

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
not just to look cool then wink Now I have 2 new matching contact staffs I'm off to learn some contact doubles biggrin

Fire_MooseSILVER Member
Elusive and Bearded
3,597 posts

Posted:
here, mabe you can find this useful.

ya its Chris, he's soo cool.
EDITED_BY: poje (1189787652)

O.B.E.S.E.

Owned by Mynci!

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
hmmmm ubblol is that a secret code wink or are you trying to embed a video.

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
Oooh! That's Aussie Chris!!! ubblove

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
yup biggrin ahhh his play workshop on staff on staff contact was great fun

Fire_MooseSILVER Member
Elusive and Bearded
3,597 posts

Posted:
sounds kinky mynci

O.B.E.S.E.

Owned by Mynci!

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
If you thought that sounded kinky you should been there... wink