Forums > Social Chat > The last nice thing you did?

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
darkness-beforeGOLD Member
Rock is dead, long live paper and scissors
197 posts

Posted:
Well I've been reading the bad partner thread and I really wanted to let folk know that even though men are not very nice a lot of the time (women can be just as bad in our defence) that some people still do nice extravagant and crazy things for strangers and for people they love.

Hopefully people can just post on here to reassure a bit of faith in us all that we still do nice things for each other and humanity isn't all that bad. On the other hand I might be wrong an we may all be screwed.

To start it all off then the other day I helped some woman who was struggling with her bags off the train. Then as it turned out she was getting the same connecting train as me I carried her bags from one platform to the next, then all the way back when they changed the platform our train was coming to. I didn't find this girl attractive, I had no reason to help her. I just wanted help cus sometimes i can be nice like that. I will probably never ever see her again, but for a little while she I was stranger who was just a nice guy.

So, done anything nice recently? ubbrollsmile

Eagles may soar but weasles don't get sucked into jet engines.

Telepath wanted, you know where to apply.

shocked_prawnSILVER Member
old hand
865 posts

Posted:
today i helped my bestfriends stepdad and cook dinner... and i put his kids to bed for him so he could watch the football

Proud Co-Owner of PoiBoi
Owned by J.A.C

squidBRONZE Member
sanguine
382 posts

Posted:
mmm, happiness building here as I read all your comments.

On a daily basis, I try to do small things like allowing another driver to merge in safely rather than cutting them off (I live in a road rage environment of evil drivers); or, because I also teach little children, I try to support or boost up one of my kids (or parents) with something...anything...that helps make them smile.

I dont know about larger type things. I'd like to think I do them, but I dont know whats a good deed and what's simply good manners and expectations.

Oh, I am hosting a big bash for my mom as she moves away for a new job. smile + frown

"to a man whose only tool is a hammer, the whole world looks like a nail." Abraham Maslow

faith enfireBRONZE Member
wandering thru the woods of WI
3,556 posts

Posted:
smiled and said thank you to the mcdonald's lady
she seemed to appreciate it

Faith
Nay, whatever comes one hour was sunlit and the most high gods may not make boast of any better thing than to have watched that hour as it passed

GidgBRONZE Member
Super Gidg!!!!
8,506 posts

Posted:
 Written by: squid

... whats a good deed and what's simply good manners and expectations ...

The thing about is that good manners and expectations aren't really expected any more. For instance 10 to 20 years ago opening a door for an elderly woman was considered good manners. Yesterday I witness a 20 something man hurry to a door, pass through it and let the door close before a 80+ woman could get there. It would have taken him only 15 extra seconds to keep the door open for her.

I volunteered to go to a meeting next week that a co-worked doesn't want to go to.

oh ... I hurried and opened the door for the 80+ yeard old lady.

Growing old is mandatory; growing up is NOT.
Proud member of the HoP DPS.
Sanity is a highly overrated state of mind.
I'm normal ... it's everyone else that's crazy.

Gidg

fake teeth and glueBRONZE Member
Checking who's online, watching you!
1,972 posts

Posted:
i helped finish the leftovers from dinner that no one else wanted....thats helping, because it would have been wasted otherwise, or not eaten untill i ate it at another food time

you just lost the game!!!!!! !!!!!

knowledge is power, power corupts, study hard, become evil.

cinderella456newbie
22 posts

Posted:
i flushed a dead goldfish away yesterday, cs it's owner was to upseet... i think that was helpful.

faith enfireBRONZE Member
wandering thru the woods of WI
3,556 posts

Posted:
I gave someone my laundry soap at the laundromat

Faith
Nay, whatever comes one hour was sunlit and the most high gods may not make boast of any better thing than to have watched that hour as it passed

darkness-beforeGOLD Member
Rock is dead, long live paper and scissors
197 posts

Posted:
More Nicenes! Haven't done anything nice today but I plan to take a mate to southern lights cus my gf can't go frown But i know he'll really appreciate it as he couldn't affors the tickets. biggrin

Also, I helped an old lady off the train with her bags yesterday.

Eagles may soar but weasles don't get sucked into jet engines.

Telepath wanted, you know where to apply.

meltingBRONZE Member
journeyman
76 posts

Posted:
i made my flat mate a cup of tea

are you gonna drink that?

Page: