Page: ...
RicheeBRONZE Member
HOP librarian
1,841 posts

Posted:
I'll not name, but here are people using word 'gay', to

have fun from others, but I think it is quite unfair.

Sexual orientation is personal thing and someone

can feel accused. Have fun, but talk moral.

no comment,

:R

POI THEO(R)IST

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
Should've known better really, it is like 'War & Peace' now, except less gay...

"I used to want to change the world, now I just wanna leave the room with a little dignity..." - Lotus Weinstock

silly_rillyBRONZE Member
24 posts

Posted:
A little while ago I was at school with some of my friends and one of them said:
"that's gay!"

Another replied with:
"that's straight!"

I thought that it was witty and awesome.

AsenaGOLD Member
What a Bummer
3,224 posts

Posted:
I can't believe I missed this entire thread! ubbcrying

Thats well gay wink *sigh*

Sorry, had to be done. ubbangel

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
Bummer Man... tongue

"I used to want to change the world, now I just wanna leave the room with a little dignity..." - Lotus Weinstock

DentrassiGOLD Member
ZORT!
3,045 posts

Posted:
well - i think the thread based on trying to get strugz a woman might have broken the HoP record for use of the word 'gay' ubblol

"Here kitty kitty...." - Schroedinger.

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
Oh! The "IRONY"(!) rolleyes

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
My work here is done!

"the now legendary" - Kaskade
"the still legendary" - Kaskade

I spunked in my friend's aquarium and the fish ate it. I love all fish. Especially the pink ones. They are my bitches. - Anon.

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
You do alot of work on HOP. Do you do any work at your actual place of employment? tongue

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
[censored]! you mean I'm not employed by hop! hot damn! I'd better find out what my real job is!

I spunked in my friend's aquarium and the fish ate it. I love all fish. Especially the pink ones. They are my bitches. - Anon.

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
You'd better check in at HR... (and I don't mean 'Human Resources' tongue)

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
human resettlement?

her majesties pleasure?

DrudwynForget puppy power, Scrappy's just gay
632 posts

Posted:
heterogeneous rats? Anyway...Where the hell have you been Matt?

Spin, bounce, be one with the world, because it is yours to enjoy...

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
whatever happened to the use of the word "pants" in this context? I think the word "gay" is currently running the course for the popular word that means nothing / rubbish / annoying / whatever,
I think we should look to the next "magic word" that has no relevence to the context it is being used in, any suggestions...
people use monkey as an insult as well, hell even I use it doesn't mean it's not a great name to be called wink or am I being gay?

A couple of balls short of a full cascade... or maybe a few cards short of a deck... we'll see how this all fans out.

AsenaGOLD Member
What a Bummer
3,224 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Drudwyn

heterogeneous rats? Anyway...Where the hell have you been Matt?

Hiding redface

And busy and stuff... but I'm back now biggrin hug
....miss me? ubbangel

Anyway offtopic

So are people ACTUALLY offended by all this, "god thats gay" speak? I'm too lazy to read through the last 200 odd posts. Its PC-ness gone mad....!

StoutBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
1,872 posts

Posted:
It's PC-ness gone mad...???

It just may be, but only if you dismiss linking this issue with this issue

Chronofracture333Hobo Gaylord
329 posts

Posted:
I wouldn't deny a link but I would be careful about making simple statements about bullying or suicide.

It's the singling out of gay suicide or inspired bullying for very dubious agendas that I find offensive. Why were those websites been made. Why were ones like these?

gay suicide myth?

Bullying is endemic in all areas of human life, people don't pick on you because you're gay, they pick on you because the prevailing social code allows that particular group to be bullied. And bullying is one of humanities main ways of making itself feel better.

I prefer sex. meditate

Censorship doesn't make bullying go away, I've never understood what is was for except another bunch of rules to obey and be punished by. Without freedom nothing is worth having.

Look at it another way perhaps, the use of the word has YOU concerned doesn't it? Makes me wonder how many people have examined their own and others attitudes to homosexuality because of the fashion for using the word. Certainly homophobia is now something the news reports on rather than participates in , which is something that wasn't true 30 years ago.

When calling someone gay would get you your head kicked in and people never used the word in polite company.

*no moves there are no moves there are no moves there are no moves there are no moves there are no*

"Oooh, what a shiny new move!"

StoutBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
1,872 posts

Posted:
Interesting....so the gay teen suicide thing is a myth created to promote the radical homosexual agenda. Damn...sucked into believing it for years.
The only real objection I had to using the term was based on an anti bullying perspective. and if that's invalid, then I"ll reexamine my attitude.

I wonder if the authors and proponents of hate crime legislation are aware of this?

Chronofracture333Hobo Gaylord
329 posts

Posted:
I'm not making any claims about myths, every suicide is tragic and unique and should be dealt with accordingly.

"Why did he commit suicide? Because he was bullied."

"Why was he bullied? Because he was gay."

"He committed suicide because he was gay."

Stupid, yes? But people like simple answers.

My experience of bullying is that it has nothing to do with your sexuality, I was bullied in school long before that was an issue. I just didn't "fit in" despite my teachers advice that I try to. ubblol I still don't. And this makes you an easy target for the domination game that goes "I make myself feel better and confirm my social standing by attacking someone of a perceived lower status"

If someone calls me a f***ing poof or accuses me of being a child molester (fact: you're safest leaving your children with gay jewish males ages 20-30) they're doing it because they expect these words to hurt me personally so they can feel better about themselves/more powerful. Prejudices just give form to this instinct. Look how people in this country mock "chavs". It makes people feel secure I guess but one of the things I find most distressing about being human is that scapegoating seems built in to our psychology. You find civil rights campaigners dehumanising the religious far right in the same way that the far right views them. Stupid.

Another thing, while growing up I came into contact with the particular meme "one in ten people is gay" that famous little fact from Alfred Kinseys research. It made me feel a lot more secure in the world knowing that I wasn't totally alone and this "fact" has been used by gay rights campaigners as a way of normalising homosexuality. Imagine my dissapointment then when I discover his data was collected from amongst the inmates of the american penitentiary system... The true figures are closer to one in thirty or one in fourty.

frown

The one in ten statistic is still used by the campaigners when estimating the teenage suicide rates by the way.

*no moves there are no moves there are no moves there are no moves there are no moves there are no*

"Oooh, what a shiny new move!"

faith enfireBRONZE Member
wandering thru the woods of WI
3,556 posts

Posted:
if you're not gay bullies will find another reason to harass you...that's what they do because of their own insecurities of things they are not familiar with

Faith
Nay, whatever comes one hour was sunlit and the most high gods may not make boast of any better thing than to have watched that hour as it passed

StoutBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
1,872 posts

Posted:
Or....as in the case of a local 14 year old...he killed himself because even though he wasn't gay, he was teased enough about being gay that it obviously got to him. That case is actually mentioned half way down the page on the second link that I posted, and is the motivation for the anti bullying campaign that's currently active in our local school system...entitled "that's so gay is not ok"

Bullying may not have anything to do with your actual sexuality ( as *most" homosexuals come out of the closet just after high school graduation ) but with your perceived sexuality...which can be a real source of confusion if you're among the "questioning" segment of youth. Tell someone their a loser enough times, and they just might start to believe you.

I'm well aware that bullying isn't something that we as a society are going to stop, but we can at least try.

In the 1980's and 1990's a lot of demands were made by several different "minority" groups just as to how people like me ( straight white males ) should adjust out attitudes towards people who were somehow different, hence my mention of hate crime legislation. We had sooooo many groups claiming victim-hood at out hands, and were basically blamed for everything that was wrong with today's society,,,we were educated on diversity issues, we were given sensitivity training, and we had laws passed that denote that if I call someone a faggot, nigger, kike etc,,,then I'm in a whole lot more trouble than if I'd referred to someone as an asshat, dork, loser etc.

So along with the anti bullying issue, there's the attitude that the politically correct demanded and legislated we observe and until those demands and laws are overturned, the gay community's just going to have to live with guys like me thinking that using gay as a negative is wrong.

DJ DantanaBRONZE Member
veteran
1,495 posts

Posted:
how can they be "gay" when they are always having those demonstrations? rolleyes

And why do people alwasy call me a "mad scientist"? I'm not angry about anything. ubbloco

we eat and we drink and we smoke and we try!

StoutBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
1,872 posts

Posted:
You guys in the States still have "demonstrations" ??? Up here in Canada I haven't seen one of those in years. Sure we have gay pride which is all about spinning flags while the marching band pumps out Madonna's latest hit, wearing leather chaps, and drag queen baseball, but ever since we gave the gay community all they asked for ( the latest being gay marriage ) they've nothing left to demonstrate about.

Page: ...