hollymember
61 posts

Posted:
im having a dilema. i really want to get something nice for my mum this year, something that shows how much i loove her and appreciate her .
i usually make a card but im pretty unimaginative when it comes to pressies.
anyone got any ideas?!

and this is also a reminder to all you english people who might have forgotton. its this sunday!!!! go home and give your mummi a big hug and a kiss !! ive just booked my ticket home. mum!!

Never doubt that a small group of crusties, activists, and politicos can change the world... in fact, it's the only thing that ever does ;-)

flidBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,136 posts

Posted:
if i were a mother, i'd want to recieve:

https://www.homeofpoi.com/shop_gbp/details.asp?prodid=812&cat=814&path=812,814

but i normally end up buying flowers

Salingermember
382 posts

Posted:
My recommendation is what I bought my Mum last year: an aromatherapy cushion. You can heat it up in the microwave or overn and it helps to relieve aches and pains in the area you place the cushion. Also, it can be used just to make a room smell really good. This is a really nice present I think and my Mum has definitely got a lot of use out of it. If you want one they're in dept. stores for about £15-20.

A conspiracy of silence speaks louder than words...

hollymember
61 posts

Posted:
yep, there is a tiny chance my mum would want one of those flid. i cant rule it out. but im thinking that if she tries to put a big suit that painters wear on me when i play with fire at home(so protective) then she wont be breathing fire anytime soon!

and she already has one of those smelly things. they are very nice though. maybe ill get her loads and she can sleep in a sea of lavenda hot pillows.....

or maybe i have 3 days to come up with some great idea........
cheers anyway!

Never doubt that a small group of crusties, activists, and politicos can change the world... in fact, it's the only thing that ever does ;-)

Clarabelmember
23 posts

Posted:
well i'm not gonna see my mum this mothers day because she lives too far away and i am going to visit a friend for her birthday

but you could do what we are doing for my b/f's mum, we're heading over for a surprise visit with some home made soup so we can all have lunch together and maybe some flowers and pressies too

clarabel

Live well, Laugh often, Love much

Magnusmember
279 posts

Posted:
My present to my mum is that I'm gonna pick my bro up from Oxford and surprise her.

Holly - you should bring Bristol Poi people over to Bath for one of our Monday night meets.

Magnus... pay it forward