Page:
YakumoSILVER Member
veteran
1,237 posts

Posted:
Synergy Project Homepage

where to find SeOne

I was very sorry to miss Kev's birthday at Synergy last month, also because it was my birthday too! So I'm determined to get to this one, hope to bump into some of you lovely people there smile

Written by: Synergy website

The Synergy Project

Friday 24th November

“Open your arms to change, but don't let go of your values.”

“Dalai Lama”

After a vibrant opening of the season, the dynamic collective of the Synergy community gathers once more, bringing together the many inspired souls of today, to celebrate a better world for tomorrow.

Synergy is a magical indoor festival, combining musicians, Djs, Vjs, performers, and artists from all corners of creativity, joined by various proactive NGO’s and charities.

It is our sincere belief to harness the power of positive celebration with a clear intention to discuss the many issues affecting our global community. Gently raising awareness of some of the most pressing issues around the world, supporting the work of our collaborating NGOs & Charities, and exposing them alongside other individual campaigns that deserve more attention to the vibrant, cross-generational and multi-cultural scene which makes up the Synergy Crowd.

This new event will host an incredibly varied mix of different elements:

In the Grey Room:

Pixel Addicts

This innovative and dynamic collective of visual artists presents their first major project in the shape of a captivating social and political audio/visual performance, combining the work of ten different artists, focusing on the joint elements of sound, light, and performance production guiding the viewer on a breathtaking journey through the northern regions of India. Driving over the highest road in the world in a brave attempt to show the dramatic conditions Tibetan Refugees go through everyday to escape Chinese oppression within their native Tibet.

All filmed by the team in HD (high definition) video technology, and combining in-house audio producers alongside some of the freshest sounds to come out of some of the UK’s top studios.

The live performance will take place in the main room at 11:00 and is one hour long.

The pixel addict space then continues its deep journey showcasing international Psychedelic Trance and Electronic music pioneers. Proudly welcoming two UK debuts from Fractal Glider and Hydraglyph as well as a stunning new Liquid Records album release.

Full Line-Up:

Inside-Us-All ***Live***

Audio:Visual Set: “Free Tibet”

Working alongside: Tibet Relief Fund

Audio Contributors: Coldcut / Gaudi / Mood Deluxe / Slackbaba / Server One / Horns of Jerhico / Misty Oldland and Dee

Fractal Glider ***LIVE***

Tribadelic – Australia – UK Debut

www.users.bigpond.com/fractalglider

Hydraglyph ***LIVE***

Sansakra / South Africa – UK Debut

www.myspace.com/hydraglyph

Darshan ***LIVE***

Previously Flying Rhino Records

www.fusionanomaly.net/darshan.html

Liquid Ross

Liquid Records – Presenting new album, ‘Divine Inventions’.

www.liquid-records.com

Rob Triskele

Triskele Management

www.triskelemanagement.com

Lurk

Sonic Dragon / Boom Records

www.boomrecords.com

Simon B

Twisted Records – UK

www.twisted.co.uk

Video Projection and VJs:

Pixel Addicts & Bubblevision

Affiliated Stalls:

Tibetan Relief Fund

Trees for Cities

www.inside-us-all.com

www.tribeadelic.com

www.sanskara.co.za

www.tibetsociety.com

www.treesforcities.org

www.bubblevision.co.uk

In the Red Room:

Inside the walls of the World’s Biggest Dress SPEAK and their angelic dancers, in association with Art Nation, facilitate your seamless journey through gentle electronica, fused with the mystical sounds of the harp, to global beats & energy of Future World Funk. Hearts and minds connect in a vision of a just and sustainable future for the workers of the global fashion industry.

SPEAK is a campaign and prayer network, raising awareness of issues of global justice, conducting ‘Trade Justice’ and ‘Counting the Cost of Arms Trade’ campaigns. SPEAKs room will focus on justice for workers in the fashion industry. Aiming to inspire a shift in consumer choice as well as asking for legal accountability for Trans-National Companies.

Line-Ups:

Mix Master Morris

Textured global soundscapes & ambient grooves

www.myspace.com/theirresistibleforce

Russ Jones ***LIVE***

Future World Funk Gypsy Beats & Balkan Bangers.

www.myspace.com/russjones1

Spiritual South ***LIVE***

Latin American Beats & African Jazz Funk.

www.myspace.com/spiritualsouth

Keirets ***Live 10 Piece Band***

Fusing World, Classical, Jazz, Funk & Folk Melodies with upbeat baselines.

www.myspace.com/keirets

Simon Jinadu (Beauty Room) ***LIVE***

Inner soothing with the ambient/meditative soundscapes of The Third Movement.

www.myspace.com/thebeautyroom

Ross Harper - Psy Chill & Ambient Sound.

Gabi & Lovers Electric – Live acoustic sets

Performance Poets including Skinfiltr8r (Holland), MC Stopha (Upper Room), Jula, (Poland), Frantastic & The Fashion Victims.

Meet stilt walkers, Ulli Flaemig & the harp-playing dancing angels.

Also featuring Wendalena – LIVE portrait drawing class

www.speak.org.uk

In the Cream Room:

IDSpiral

Synergy’s resident chill-out organization is probably best known for its textured and dynamic line-ups, the unique visual style of its interior design, its gentle, reflective and yet full power flow…Acclaimed for hosting breathtaking areas at festivals such as Glade and Glastonbury, this dynamic group will surely take you on a full spectrum sensorial journey.

For this event IDSpiral is joining forces with the:

Tithandizane “we help each other” benefit campaign.

To that effect they will host a raffle in aid of this Primary Health Care Centre in Eastern Zambia – helping to raise awareness and support for this outstanding project.

Presenting also a talk and debate – hosted by Good Jeff Lester – details of which are to be disclosed on our website shortly

Line ups:

Tratosphere ***LIVE***

Downbeat rhythms meets dubby moods, sprinkled with funky jazzy elements,

Switzerland based live trio storms London with a fresh wave of psychedelic sounds.

www.tratosphaere.ch

Oddur ***LIVE***

Beautiful raw tunes from Icelandic songsmith, former guitarist of Lamb and Lou Rhodes.

www.myspace.com/oddurmusic

Zoe Young ***LIVE***

(sunshine on a rainy day) - mesmerizing gentle songs –

www.myspace.com/87128430

Introphecy' - Next generation Butoh/live art/dance. Performance: Sara Popowa Soundtrack: Jon Tratnor

Ambiens Indages – Collaboration with Theresa Gabriel and flute magician Rafael Beznos. A.I. takes us from our collective memory to imaginary places – inspired by a free and constructive philosophy.

www.chilloutzone.org

Murray Lachlan Young – Surreal satire, wicked whimsy and dark ramblings over windswept soft verges.

www.myspace.com/murraylachlanyoung

Giani (Native State Records) – Glitched out electronica from one of IDSpiral’s finest…

www.nativestaterecords.com

Also featuring switched on short films in-between, spontaneous dance performances featuring you – all nourished by the unmistakable IDSpiral organic café…

www.idspiral.org

In the Blue Room:

Bingly Bongly

It is becoming increasingly apparent that music can have a significant effect on our emotional and physical well-being. Bingly Bongly was established in 2001 to promote better living through positive, energizing music of many genres. A major part of this project is to provide information and help to those who are experiencing stress or illness, and to offer advice (via the web site and events), as part of a 'prevention rather than cure' philosophy.

Line-Ups:

Akasha ***LIVE***

Incendiary live 6 piece - the original purveyors of noirish Jazzadelic music.

"the church of sonic research gonna set you free"

www.myspace.com/akasha

Mezzowave ***LIVE**

Max's electro-fusion cinematic soul band, featuring Angie Brown (Bizarre Inc., Fatboy Slim, Happy Mondays), Lifford David (Artful Dodger) Kevin Davy (Lamb, KDQ, Adam F).

www.myspace.com/mezzowave

Teresa Gabriel ***LIVE***

powerful, mystical voice with guitar and poetic licence

www.myspace.com/teresagabriel37

DJs:

Jon Bongly - world beats & bobs

Fluffy Lynn & Minky – funky eclectic lounge & chilled out grooves

Rich Morley - exotic flavored beatz and grooves

Stefan the Selector – Eclectic Lounge Beats

Pete Ardron - upbeat dubby chill

Others:

"You look different from what you thought you might have felt like"

- live performance by Body.

"Flower Freak" - animations of Dre's elastic face.

“Kwali & Kan”

www.binglybongly.net

And in the Deep Blue Room:

EdensoundS

London-based underground music collective with a reputation for delivering musical diversity through a wide variety of events as well as their now infamous mixed-genre dance floors. Tonight in the intimate space of deep blue, EdensoundS is proud to host Synergy’s second official dance arena, showcasing a logical progression ranging from chilled-out dub to full-on and ferocious euphoric and progressive trance. EdensoundS is a welcome island of chavness in the Fluro Ocean of the modern psychedelic trance scene… Expect the unexpected!”

Line-Ups:

The Alchemist

The London fetish scene’s most prolific DJ plays what he likes… With added psy-trance…

Sounds From The Ground ***LIVE***

A decade of blissful dub grooves, tonight playing music from the new album "High Rising"

www.myspace.com/soundsfromtheground

Nusphere & Didji-Tall Paul ***LIVE***

Fusing electronic chilled-out & dance beats with live didge harmonies…

https://www.myspace.com/nusphere

Peace & Pepster ***LIVE***

Italian house, breaks and trance producer Peace, showcasing 5 years of the superb ‘re-birth’ album series…

Disco Patrick - Freshly returned from a tour of the US including an appearance at Burning Man, EdensoundS is proud to host the UK’s most creative and innovative breaks and psy-breaks DJ…

www.myspace.com/patrickheneghan

Miszt - One man on a mission to raise standards in progressive, euphoric and hard trance…

www.myspace.com/misztifiedmind

Jurrane - Producer, record label owner, DJ and promoter- Jurrane mixes up a breathless sprint to the finishing line…

www.jurrane.com

Chillout with DJg

I can’t get no sleep…

Environment by Cocoon, Leila Bryan & EdensoundS

Visuals by Hyperthesis & friends

Smiles by you and us

www.edensounds.net

www.hyperthesis.com

Glow toy performances throughout the venue by the Jedi Jugglers

www.jedijugglers.co.uk

This time the event will feature support for:

Tithandizane Project “we help each other”

A Primary Health Care Centre, Eastern Zambia

1 in 6 adults & children are HIV+ in Zambia.

The Tithandizane Health Centre aims to reduce the suffering of the 20,000 people

of the Kamuluza district & to empower them to have more control over their

health, particularly with regards to HIV/AIDS. The centre runs a clinic, does HIV

testing, gives residential care for those dying of HIV and runs an education programme.

The centre desperately needs condoms & medical supplies to continue its vital work.

A raffle will be held at Synergy to raise money to buy these vital supplies.

Please visit the Tithandizane stall to offer your support.

Or you could help by sending supplies direct to the project.

Contact Clare at tithandizane@yahoo.co.uk

Synergy – inclusive to Smokers and Non-Smokers alike…

As most of you will know Synergy is one of the pioneering clubs that supports the peaceful (and healthy) coexistence of smokers and non-smokers alike. To this effect we are designating large areas that are clearly marked as non smoking. We have received much support for this attempt – thank you to all who help us achieve this not always easy goal.

Friday 24th of November 2006

Starting at 10pm and finishing at 8am

The venue is the SeOne Club, Weston Street, London Bridge

Advanced tickets are available for £15 plus booking fee from our website or for £20 on the door, £15 concessions are only available on the door with valid proof

Please bring ID if you look like you might still be in your teens

Please also do not buy from ticket touts! You will not get admitted to the club

Online tickets are available via the online shop @

www.thesynergyproject.org or also www.accessallareas.org

Order over the phone from +44 (0)20 7267 8320

Physical Tickets from:

Access All Areas - 2nd Floor, 30c Camden Lock Place, London NW1 8AF

Psychedelic Dream Temple – Camden Lock

& the Synergy Centre – 220 Farmer’s Road Camberwell SE5 0TE Tel 0207 7931083

for questions please email info@thesynergyproject.org

Or if you just want to become a friend of Synergy, join us at www.myspace.com/thesynergyproject

We are happy to meet you!

Blinded by Hyperlights, please donate generously grin

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
Awwww hug Glad you came and glad you had fun! Hope the course was amusing with all that and sleep depravation?

It was lovely to see more HOPpers at Synergy.

Garthy - you DEFINITELY need a groom to go with your bridal gown! biggrin

Jon - I hope everyone did justice to your hyperlights (and hope none of them were irreversibly damaged! hug

Simian - alwas a pleasure watching you Spin you skinny monkeyboy you! (Shame about the guestlist mix-up, thanks for trying anyway)

Nat - you go hoopy-girl! I shall post the footage up somewhere!

Tommy - love the staff juggling! Don't stop with the contact!

DevKev! - Like you need a birthday as an excuse to go to Synergy! smile

Nat & Tommy - thank you for looking after me - food, shelter and driving me places.

"I used to want to change the world, now I just wanna leave the room with a little dignity..." - Lotus Weinstock

TinyPixieSILVER Member
enthusiast
394 posts

Posted:
I love synergyyyyy! Yay! bounce bounce2

It was so great to see you all! I think I'm suffering from severe HoPper-withdrawal syndrome frown frown frown

Dave: It was an absolute pleasure to have you stay round! You are welcome any time! hug But please don't put the hoop video up!! help

Yakumo: Aw! you poor baby in the rain! Glad you had a good time tho! You'll just have to come along next time! kiss

Jon: Hello gorgeous! It was so lovely to see you again! kiss kiss Did you get to Sym and Jo's ok? P.S: Thank you for the massage! my back still feels all happy and relaxed! yay! thankx

Jo: Hello my gorgeous girlie! How are you and Sym? kiss hug

YakumoSILVER Member
veteran
1,237 posts

Posted:
smile glad you got your massage, I wanted to do it myself after cracking your back but so sadly had to go.. so jon got his hands on you instead eh :green: biggrin

was great to meet jo and simian, I can just about do the poi trick I kept pestering simian to show me, I think, well.. not sure about the antispin part, but got the iso bit in the middle looking really nice smile and yay finally learnt something really cool with 2 sticks.

not doing so well on fitting some of the other names to faces redface so great excuse to see people again smile

need to see dave again... to see dave smile and to work on the steve stuff he kept doing, love it.

next synergy I'll have more time, bit less spinning and more dancing, I definitely want to see people again before though, less crowds that way wink pick a weekend (or any time really) and I'll come spin and play for sure smile
EDITED_BY: Yakumo (1164562968)

TinyPixieSILVER Member
enthusiast
394 posts

Posted:
Yay! more dancing is good! I guess it's really hard to spin when it's crowded anyway frown But next time I'll have more energy! wooooooo! heehee!

I'm glad I got my massage too! heehee! wink I never turn down a massage, I lov' em!! smile

Can't wait til next Synergyyyyyyy!!

*HyperLightBRONZE Member
old hand
1,174 posts

Posted:
*grin* biggrin

What a wicked weekend!! Lots of driving and traveling about the place, but very worthwhile indeed smile Synergy was wicked!

Jo and Sym: You two are are fantastic - lots of yummy food, nice warm bed, great company and now the HyperLights website is a few steps closer to completion! Love you guys hug

Yakumo: Lovely to see you again mate.. sorry your toys broke. I'll get 'em patched up and sent of ASAP smile

Garthy: You look far too comfortable in a dress! I just realised I completely forgot to pick up that mobile from you (AGAIN!). What model was it again? I could at least check to see if it has a USB port that will work...

Neon: Get that video up... and nice ..erm.. staff work biggrin

Nat: Great to see you again young lady. You're welcome to a massage any time! ...and thanks very much for yours - my back felt a lot better for that too biggrin kiss hug kiss

It was a shame it got so crowded - we could do with a cordoned off area so people don't walk through and get smacked in the head with toys.

Cake or Death?

Mascotenthusiast
301 posts

Posted:
I was at that Synergy, it was a really nice, relaxed party. I even got to play Go in the chill-out room.

I meant to go to the last Synergy as well (DevKev's birthday) but I missed it because I thought it was saturday ubbidea

I used to go to SE1 all the time when it was called the Drome, but since the change of management I've barely been back. Synergy is a really good night though, they use the whole space really nicely- I always like it when they use all the space available, it just seems a waste otherwise.

I was so impressed with the number of jugglers, and so many new faces.

Walls may have ears but they don't have eyes

Mascotenthusiast
301 posts

Posted:
 Written by: TinyPixie

I guess it's really hard to spin when it's crowded anyway frown

I have the answer to your problem, but you're not going to like it. the secret to being able to juggle in clubs is to juggle. Yes, you heard me, you take 3 balls and throw them in the air, then you keep doing that except you vary the height and speed of your throws and stuff. Juggling is great in crowded clubs because you can make much better use of a small space and the dangers and damage from collisions are both reduced.

I'm afraid that the older I get the more I become a militant juggler.

Walls may have ears but they don't have eyes

garthySILVER Member
old hand
717 posts

Posted:
 Written by: *HyperLight

just realised I completely forgot to pick up that mobile from you (AGAIN!). What model was it again? I could at least check to see if it has a USB port that will work...

I gave it to chutney so hassle him for it biggrin

"**grumble*spuriouswindmills*grumble**" - Coleman
"if poi was only for girls there wouldnt be many good poi spinners...." - Nx

K__BRONZE Member
...join us...
184 posts

Posted:
 Written by: the boy g

I have the answer to your problem, but you're not going to like it. the secret to being able to juggle in clubs is to juggle. Yes, you heard me, you take 3 balls and throw them in the air, then you keep doing that except you vary the height and speed of your throws and stuff. Juggling is great in crowded clubs because you can make much better use of a small space and the dangers and damage from collisions are both reduced.

Yeah, I agree, juggling is so the way forward wink

Pity I couldn't make it to this Synergy, specially after it sounds like it was such an awesome night... I'm definitely up for the next one though smile

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Tinypixie

Dave: It was an absolute pleasure to have you stay round! You are welcome any time! But please don't put the hoop video up!!

It was an absolute pleasure being round at yours, especially the all-night hair-straightening session! - Tommy/Joaquin Cortes - spitting image!

That hoopy video deserves to be seen!!!!

Written by: Yakumo

need to see dave again... to see dave smile and to work on the steve stuff he kept doing, love it.

What? That thing I kept doing because it was one of the ONLY tricks I knew? Nice to see it's inspiring though! hug

Written by: *Hyperlight

Neon: Get that video up... and nice ..erm.. staff work biggrin

Yes sir! biggrin And thank you! (Were you about to say something else then...?)

Written by: garthy

I gave it to chutney so hassle him for it biggrin

Tsk! Chutters playing away from home! hug @ Jon

"I used to want to change the world, now I just wanna leave the room with a little dignity..." - Lotus Weinstock

TinyPixieSILVER Member
enthusiast
394 posts

Posted:
Hey! I think juggling is just fine and dandy, I just choose to hoop, it's amazing!! tongue silly juggling people! You must experience *adopts booming scary voice* THE POWER OF THE HOOOOOP!!! heehee! biggrin

I think the solution next time is to either:
a. learn to juggle properly
b. Hoop really aggressively and scare all the hippies into submission
c. Abandon hoopiness when it's crowded and just dance dance dance! yay!

But it was great despite all the walking into us etc. Mainly because of all the wonderful HoPpy people there! yay! I love you guys!! hug kiss

Heehee! Tommy still looks like a gypsy dancer! heehee! biggrin

YakumoSILVER Member
veteran
1,237 posts

Posted:
noooooooo!!

there isn't one next Month, or Jan frown

"Next confirmed events: 2007
Friday 9th Feb / Friday 30th March / Friday 18th May"

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
Well it means I don't have to spend shitloads on Coming down for it!

Just wondering if I could convince people to come to Whirl-Y-Gig in Synergy's absence...!

YakumoSILVER Member
veteran
1,237 posts

Posted:
woo, details details ? bounce bounce bounce

..i am broke tho :-/ ...

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
www.whirl-y-gig.org.uk

I suppose it's like Synergy but smaller... Nowhere near as much room to spin but the blanket at the end... ubblove

I went to my first Whirl-Y-Gig and my first Synergy within a week of each other. They are both different but Synergy is BIGGER... Whirl-Y-Gig is smaller but more chilled...

YakumoSILVER Member
veteran
1,237 posts

Posted:
eh, hows that any cheaper for you to get to? smile

looks promising to me, I was worried I was going to have to sell a kidney to get up to Manchester or something biggrin

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
It's not, the absence of Synergy for two months makes it cheaper...

The subject of Whirl-Y-Gig is a another matter entirely which will probably address the balance...

A SOUTHERN SPINNER??! COME UP NORTH?! You're having a laugh!!
I'm not sure if I can recommend anything for you to come up for! shrug

YakumoSILVER Member
veteran
1,237 posts

Posted:
I can...

YakumoSILVER Member
veteran
1,237 posts

Posted:
YOU! \o/

hug

I need to get one of my projects bringing in ££ or get a job :-/

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
Awwww hug

Yeah do come up for one of our Manchester Meets! There's a few of us! (Some too lazy to make a meet if its 10mins walk away from the usual location!)

We are VERY welcoming... biggrin

YakumoSILVER Member
veteran
1,237 posts

Posted:
I promise I will do when I'm more sorted, could be some time though ... I'll be a pioneer, didn't think anyone traveled that way, only this smile

autoroute claims a 2 and a half hour drive from oxford, I'm thinking more realistically it surely must be 3.5-5 (took my folks more than 3 from leicester years ago anyway), how much does it cost railfare?

I'm enjoying my kidneys tbh..

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
Railfare when booked early enough can be around £20-£30. Megabus, if you can hack the 5-6hour journey and the desparate scramble on the the bus (akin to refugees and food supplies) costs as little as £3.50 each way...

I'll be enjoying your kidney very soon too (best get the fava beans and Chianti, if I'm broke, the baked beans and a nice Lambrini)

YakumoSILVER Member
veteran
1,237 posts

Posted:
hmmm, I don't fancy waking up coughing in a bath full of ice with a sore back...

I checked https://www.nationalrail.co.uk/
and found tickets anything from £12 to £90, and 2:55 -> 3:25 travel times smile

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
Now all you need is time off...

YakumoSILVER Member
veteran
1,237 posts

Posted:
lots of free time (sortof) very little money, see kidney comments wink

promised to go to London first too..

mm, that's one thing tho, wonder what happened with the HoPpy Christmas /me goes to dig up the thread..

Page: