Page: ...
tim_marstonaddict
614 posts

Posted:
I thought i would start a thread for people interested in fire staff juggling,i am really interested to see any videos of people throwing two or more staffs,and in particular anyone taking it in new direction.
I am currently working on routines with two and three staffs and contemplating a serious attempt at the four staff shower,

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
I didn't bother in the end, I broke my hand in 3 places a while ago and any bang causes serious discomfort now because it didn't heal properly (due to it being missed on first x-ray)
My current contact staff is heavier than the one I had at play wink I snapped that one on my head ubblol

I have light doubles though but still 135-140 long, I want 1m or 120's to juggle with so I'm pretty poor at the moment.

A couple of balls short of a full cascade... or maybe a few cards short of a deck... we'll see how this all fans out.

imakokodemember
121 posts

Posted:
yop good Idea !! I'll talk to people in france about it smile
I think we can do some footage of some good staff jugglers.
let's see who can be interested ^^

I'm in and i'm sure Meast and Stephan will be also.

>> all is full of love <<

Antti_EverythingGOLD Member
addict
446 posts

Posted:
Ok. Let's make it happen.

Please send me a PM or email at antti[at]rubberheart.com if you want to be a part of this video.

REQUIRED: max 1 minute of staff juggling (1-4 or more(?)) Can be small routines/sequences or single tricks. I prefer the first one.

SEND IT TO: contact me and ask for my home address and send it on a minidv or a cd

OR: upload the file on your server for me to download

ABSOLUTE DEADLINE: 10TH OF FEBRUARY (if you can't make it then you won't make it)

EDITING: I'll do to editing unless I'm too busy for it and pass the honor to Imakokode. Or we might both do it to make two wicked versions of the same footage.

WILL BE RELEASED ON: The internet and I can put it on high-res on dvd and send it to the people involved.

IT WILL BE: Amazing.

Point your toes.

entheogenGOLD Member
173 posts

Posted:
hey you
we are still in cold grey Germany
much too cold too do some nice outdoor footage
if its an interest of purely technical stuff we might be able to do some stuff in our traininghall
is it that what your looking for or are you aiming for the
artsy stuff ?
greetings josh

'There are two mantras in life, yum and yuk. I choose yum.'

addict
446 posts

Posted:
It can be purely technical. I'm not going outdoors either. If someone wants to use fire go ahead but make sure the tricks are visible.

EDITORS REQUEST: Shoot 10 seconds of close up posing.. few seconds of it will go in the intro of the vid... smile

Point your toes.

tim_marstonaddict
614 posts

Posted:
i set this thread up and to be honest completly forgot about it,i am very happy to see so many familiar faces and a few new ones talking about staff juggling,althought the great seb himself seems to missing.

bentstix..is that the incredible toe twirler i spent time with at uber??

kooothor.....salut mon amis

as far as the video goes i am very up for it and think we should post it on some juggling sites as well as here
is you tube any good as a server antti????

tim_marstonaddict
614 posts

Posted:
For all my twirling and juggling with two or more i use 90cm staffs,this is good and bad,

good because they are less likely to collide in mid air and therefore easier to juggle

bad because the heat from these short staffs is very intense and therefore harder to juggle

another point i cant resist making,although i agree for the purpose of the video daylight shots will be much easier to watch and understand i believe that these tricks for me personally are only worthwhile from a performance point of view when i can deliver them with fire at night........................which as we all know is sooooooooooooooooooo much harder(especially when 8 wicks are involved!?!?!)

addict
446 posts

Posted:
If somebody wants to go for fire on this one feel free. I'm sure everything will look amazing. We don't need to be able to understand and copy and paste everything. But I'll go for the classic circus hall setting with out fire. I guess the best one for the video would be if everyone would do both but let's do that for the sequel.

I got a 30 second sequence pretty much figured out already. I'm trying to get it clean now. Or atleast get all the tricks done in a row.. Or atleast find time to practice it.. Anybody else started working yet?? If you want to go for single tricks that is fine also.

Point your toes.

bluecatgeek, level 1
5,300 posts

Posted:
i got a single trick that i like, but ain't filmed it yet... *slack*

Holistic Spinner (I hope)

IrinusBRONZE Member
enthusiast
222 posts

Posted:
Wish I could contribute but most of the above + a complete lack of originality are holding me back (not to mention a lack of video camera or ability) but I'm working on it, so maybe next time smile

tim_marstonaddict
614 posts

Posted:
i plan to put in some stuff from my show routines and one trick ive been working on since uber......
i agree antti,we should save fire for the sequel,
i cant wait to see this film

tim_marstonaddict
614 posts

Posted:
completly off thread but a wicked video

addict
446 posts

Posted:
Ok people. I got the first video already from Tim Marston. Everybody else start working also..! wink

I'm trying to shoot mine on monday or tuesday.

When you get it done you can use also www.yousendit.com to send it to me.

And don't forget the 10 second mugshot and posing.

I'm excited..

Point your toes.

addict
446 posts

Posted:
And Rob!!! I want you on this video!

Point your toes.

bluecatgeek, level 1
5,300 posts

Posted:
oooh, oooh i did loads the day before yesterday and yesterday. now got heaps of tricks to enter, but not sure if i can get them into a routine, so it might just be individual tricks cut together frown

i'll try to get them filmed this week. antti, can you PM me your address...? and i've also got an interesting idea to give you.......................

addict
446 posts

Posted:
Individual tricks are fine.. I'm going for more of a routine since I feel as individual tricks they're not that special. Get me off the contact staff please..! 98% of my training these days is contact.

Address on the way.

Point your toes.

bluecatgeek, level 1
5,300 posts

Posted:
ubblol . are we on a totally opposite course..? ubblol

if i had time i'd put them into a routine, but as it is... *sheesh*

biggrin

tim_marstonaddict
614 posts

Posted:
antti although i love your contact routine give yourself a shake and get back to juggfling
imho its the greatest crowd pleaser and the hardest to deliver due to the infinite process of drop elimination

rob,get some tricks sent to antti routines and fire will do for nthe next project(tim stokes the cats chin and throws him a fish)

addict
446 posts

Posted:
Whahahah... Well I might but it's not happening soon. I'm concentrating on single staff contact for the next 5 months. Plus I have some problems with my shoulders and they can't take proper juggling sessions. Even though I practice with light staffs now. But I'm getting some inspiration back. And this project feels good. Let's see what happens.

Point your toes.

addict
446 posts

Posted:
I shot my part of the video today. It came out ok and since I'm a slacker I'm not doing it again wink. Nothing too mind blowing but some nice variations on stuff I've been doing earlier. And I also shot the 3 staff cascade we discussed earlier on this thread and I might put it on the vid if it fits in.

So we got two entrys already. Waiting for more. The sooner you can make it the better. And please let me know if you are making one and when.

Anybody want a teaser?

Point your toes.

addict
446 posts

Posted:
Oh yeah.. Please shoot on 4:3 ratio. And if you are taking many clips you could change the place of shooting or the background. Thanks.

Point your toes.

addict
446 posts

Posted:
And Oh yeah.. Try to find a background from where you can see the staffs on the video clearly. I mostly failed miserably on this one.

Point your toes.

IrinusBRONZE Member
enthusiast
222 posts

Posted:
Ooh, can't wait to see the pretty cascade smile I've finally finished a big report, so i can get back into practice for the next video biggrin

addict
446 posts

Posted:
I made a short teaser. And I put some names in it and that means that they better send their videos..! wink

or https://www.rubberheart.com/videos/teaser.avi
16mb

Enjoy.. This will be a good one.

Point your toes.

bluecatgeek, level 1
5,300 posts

Posted:
dammit!

ok.....

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
sweet, I like the fact that it's playing backwards... looks nice and makes it hard to steal your tricks ubblol

A couple of balls short of a full cascade... or maybe a few cards short of a deck... we'll see how this all fans out.

addict
446 posts

Posted:
ubblol That was the idea until the real video is released.

Point your toes.

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
sneaky I like biggrin *merntal note to self.. lean how to do that*

OliveGOLD Member
enthusiast
285 posts

Posted:
wow Antti smile these side plane throws look nifty
and the BTB throws are amazing, considered how awkward your BTB position is !
Even though I stopped juggling for the past 6 months, I'll enter with Julien's video
we're supposed to shoot it next monday

Looking fwd to seeing the whole set ubbloco juggle ubbrollsmile

bluecatgeek, level 1
5,300 posts

Posted:
totally failed to video yesterday, but learnt new stuff to put in.

biggrin

Page: ...