Forums > Help! > seasonal colours (clothing)

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
KyrianDreamer
4,308 posts

Posted:
I'm trying to get my clothing sorted out a little more by season, and whilst some things are obvious (hats and thick wool coats in the winter tongue) I can't really figure out which colours are more appropriate when. I know that brighter colours are better in the summer, and I've figured out how to look up whats "current" but does that mean I have to pack everything else together and just sort through it all each season??? Or is there kind of a general guide that pairs certain colours or intensities with certain seasons?

Help?

I mean, in theory I could use a good dose of "what not to wear" as well, but... just trying to work within constraints to tidy things up a bit at least...

Keep your dream alive
Dreamin is still how the strong survive

Shalom VeAhavah

New Hampshire has a point....

Tao StarPooh-Bah
1,662 posts

Posted:
or anyone reading this who hasn't already could actaully (shock horror) press their mouse button TWO TIMES! and cheack it out for themself.

why have we all become so lazy suddenly? pressing your mouse button twice is something you should do at least 3 or 4 times a week....to keep your heart healthy wink

I had a dream that my friend had a
strong-bad pop up book,
it was the book of my dreams.

jo_rhymesSILVER Member
Momma Bear
4,525 posts

Posted:
Tao Star, are you using a double entendre? or as the french say, a "double entendre"? tongue

Hoppers are angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly.

Tao StarPooh-Bah
1,662 posts

Posted:
haha, no i wasn't. you made that one up all on your own. filthy!

i was simply commenting on the increasing inability of people to find things for themselves on the oh-so-complicated internet. biggrin

not anyone here of course.....

I had a dream that my friend had a
strong-bad pop up book,
it was the book of my dreams.

FoxInDocsSILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
1,848 posts

Posted:
ok, as what would seem the only non-hippy around here.

summer: bright or rich colours (green, orange, red, yellow, blue, purple, primary's basically)

winter: dark or rich colours (maroon, navey, black, chocolate brown - brown's the new black)

autumn/fall: autumny or rusty colours (reds, mustards, lighter browns)

spring: pastels or soft colours (baby/powder blue, pink, canarey yellow, mauve)

summer in aus this year seems to be all about denim shorts and skirts and bright bright bright stripes and spots.

mm, and spotty 50's style almost cocktail-looking dresses ubblove

"i am exotic, and must keep my arms down" - Rougie

"i don't understand what penises have to do with getting married" - Foxie

FireTomStargazer
6,650 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Kyrian

I'm trying to get my clothing sorted out a little more by season, and whilst some things are obvious (hats and thick wool coats in the winter tongue) I can't really figure out which colours are more appropriate when. I know that brighter colours are better in the summer, and I've figured out how to look up whats "current" but does that mean I have to pack everything else together and just sort through it all each season??? Or is there kind of a general guide that pairs certain colours or intensities with certain seasons?

Help?

I mean, in theory I could use a good dose of "what not to wear" as well, but... just trying to work within constraints to tidy things up a bit at least...

My two cents: Everything gets dull and grey in winter - ppl dress acordingly, which personally I dislike. It's not so much as grabbing for attention, but wearing bright colours in winter might brighten somebodies - otherwise grey day. Dare to make a difference once in a while wink

the best smiles are the ones you lead to wink

faith enfireBRONZE Member
wandering thru the woods of WI
3,556 posts

Posted:
i just wear black and gray mostly, then no worrying about the right colors wink

i don't know there is a color guide-you see that awful lime green in sweaters and tank tops

Faith
Nay, whatever comes one hour was sunlit and the most high gods may not make boast of any better thing than to have watched that hour as it passed

Page: