BirgitBRONZE Member
had her carpal tunnel surgery already thanks v much
4,145 posts

Posted:
Just wondering if anyone with any info about Perth could send me a pm? Like, what's it like, what is there to do, weather, beaches, who of the hoppers are there... I might apply for a job there!

"vices are like genitals - most are ugly to behold, and yet we find that our own are dear to us."
(G.W. Dahlquist)

Owner of Dragosani's left half

GnorBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
5,814 posts

Posted:
Oooooooo...

We have awesome numbers of beaches. Some with waves and sandhills and stuff.
We have an artsy end of town , Freemantle that is kinda old by Perth standards but not by European and it has Sunday spin meet where we gape at your astounding abilty and try to learn it all.
We have hordes of yummy breweries and I am told the wine is great. Down South of WA are wineries and caves and lots of awesome beaches with waves and whales and dolphins.
North we have more beaches with Ningaloo and whalesharks and Dugings and stomatalites. Stromatolites are less exciting to look at for long periods.

Not many hoppers, probably Medusa and I are only regular hoppers and a small dedicated spin community who get together a fair bit. Tues is a regular central city meet and Freo is Sunday arvo. University of WA has a juggle club every Friday Arvo.

https://www.kyelight.net/forum/cgi-bin/YaBB.cgi
is our board where we chat lots ...

hug hug hug hug hug

Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

Im in a lonely battle with the world with a fish to match the chip on my shoulder. Gnu in Binnu in a cnu

BirgitBRONZE Member
4,145 posts

Posted:
Thanks Gnor smile hug

what are Dugings? apart from that, it sounds fine ubblol

Are there lots of wombats there? And kangaroos? And crocodiles? And poisonous things that'll try and kill me? And good-looking young men in sleeveless shirts playing Aussie Rules?

biggrin

"vices are like genitals - most are ugly to behold, and yet we find that our own are dear to us."
(G.W. Dahlquist)

GnorBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
5,814 posts

Posted:
Well its summer soon so there should be bronzed Aussies out on the beaches but summer is cricket season. Winter is AFL where the very muscley footballers run around in skimpy shorts in the mud.

Wombats and roos I can help you get up close and personal. To get eaten by a croc you have to be either really stoopid or very unluckey. Spiders and snakes..in Perth i have never seen a snake out of captivity and spiders ..again you have to be very unlucky to get bitten, unless you talk to Patrick..he will reassure you Perth is creepy capital. rolleyes

This is a properly spelt Dugong

Non-Https Image Link

and

Non-Https Image Link

Is it the Truth?

Im in a lonely battle with the world with a fish to match the chip on my shoulder. Gnu in Binnu in a cnu

BirgitBRONZE Member
4,145 posts

Posted:
Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww biggrin

In German, a Dugong is a "Seekuh" (sea cow).

All sounds good, so far smile Might send my cv in after all!!

(G.W. Dahlquist)

GnorBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
5,814 posts

Posted:
Yah called sea cows here too. I think they are the source of all the mermaid legends. After months at sea a dugong on a rock looks attractive perhaps ubblol ubblol

Where are you looking at working?

Is it the Truth?

BirgitBRONZE Member
4,145 posts

Posted:
Now I'm getting weird images in my head again. Of sailors and Dugongs... where's that word from anyways? Sounds Indonesian or something to me, but then I don't know anything about Asian languages and there probably is no such thing as "Indonesian", but lots of other languages ubblol

It would be the Sir Charles Gairdner Hospital I think, at least that's the address in the conference book of the guy who said I should send in my cv.

(G.W. Dahlquist)

GnorBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
5,814 posts

Posted:
Charlies is a Government hospital not far from where my husband works. Right close to the University of West Aust as well and posh part of town and maybe 15 minutes from some very lovely beaches.

Dugong doesnt sound very attractive does it...

Is it the Truth?

MojojoGOLD Member
wandering dingo
167 posts

Posted:
Hey I am a Perth hopper too. But mostly I just loiter.
And I'm in the UK at the mo.

So what happened ? No Birgit going to Perth??

Only three things are certain: Death, Taxes, and that England will not win back the Ashes in this lifetime.

BirgitBRONZE Member
4,145 posts

Posted:
Birgit doesn't know yet... got a potential job coming up here. But I'll definitely be down in Perth some time this year biggrin Will take a few months out whatever I'll be doing and travel round Oz and NZ biggrin

(G.W. Dahlquist)

GnorBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
5,814 posts

Posted:
come at end of march to do our Spuhn Out weekend

Is it the Truth?

BirgitBRONZE Member
4,145 posts

Posted:
will be August to November, most likely. March will be spent running around frantically trying to write up the PhD!

(G.W. Dahlquist)

GnorBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
5,814 posts

Posted:
Try factor in Adelaide for Common Ground. Lush event maybe Septemberish

Is it the Truth?

BirgitBRONZE Member
4,145 posts

Posted:
I'll try biggrin No use planning too much yet though, because I have no clue when exactly I'll be finished here. Ah well. Whenever it is, I'll make it over ubblol

(G.W. Dahlquist)

BirgitBRONZE Member
4,145 posts

Posted:
Well. Definitely won't be staying in Edinburgh now. Have sent an email to Perth asking if any of the jobs are still going... I'll keep you updated.

(G.W. Dahlquist)

GnorBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
5,814 posts

Posted:
awesome...

Our meets are respectable numbers now...60 odd tnite... eek biggrin hug

Is it the Truth?

BirgitBRONZE Member
4,145 posts

Posted:
hmmmmmm, 60 potential friends wink nice biggrin

Am a bit gutted that I won't stay here, but on the other hand, who knows, wherever I end up might be much better. Adventure time I guess.

(G.W. Dahlquist)

MeleSILVER Member
A perth girl gone walkabout...
396 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Gnor

awesome...

Our meets are respectable numbers now...60 odd tnite... eek biggrin hug

And with our fabulous Spun Out weekend this weekend, I'm sure we'll end up converting just a few more people to way of life!! biggrin

I smile because i have no idea whats going on!! biggrin