Page:
BirgitBRONZE Member
had her carpal tunnel surgery already thanks v much
4,145 posts

Posted:
If you still want to fly with all the terrorists about, you can sign up for a newsletter here:

https://www.activitybreakseurope.com/newsletter/?partner=BREAKSNL&view=email&pos=BANNER

If you can get 5 more people to sign up, you can have a free return flight (see conditions for dates and destinations and by what date you have to book, from what I've seen it's not too bad... needs to be to/from the UK though).

Hope this doesn't offend anyone as spamming/advertising, if it does go and shout at me smile

"vices are like genitals - most are ugly to behold, and yet we find that our own are dear to us."
(G.W. Dahlquist)

Owner of Dragosani's left half

BirgitBRONZE Member
4,145 posts

Posted:
 Written by: NOn

Got any links for free ferries? smile

Sorry... ferries aren't much use to me at the mo, but if I ever hear of a free one I'll let you know wink hug

Shame about the camcorder... I'm still undecided whether I should take my camera in checked in luggage or not frown I guess that with the new regulations the airlines will have to change their guidelines on what they insure in checked in luggage. And what they supply in case a plane is late and you have to stop over, or when the luggage gets lost.

"vices are like genitals - most are ugly to behold, and yet we find that our own are dear to us."
(G.W. Dahlquist)

NOnactivist for HoPper liberation.
1,643 posts

Posted:
Yeah, i think this will be the big issue, especially with the insurance companies. I have seperate insurance for my laptop (which i also planned to take with me) but it's void if it doesn't go as hand luggage, because then it counts as "unattended" shrug so definately not going to risk it. It also doesn't cover acts of terrorism... so presumably if it's "unattended" as a result of a terrorist threat, it's not covered either!

Maybe the best thing for you is to get a cheap as chips disposable camera, at least until they sort it all out. The travel section in the observer also suggested cable ties on your hold luggage so you can tell if is tampered with... although doesn't stop it getting lost.

Aurinko freedom agreement reached 10th Sept 2006

if it makes no sense that's because it's NOn-sense.

BirgitBRONZE Member
4,145 posts

Posted:
cable ties won't work with a rucksack but it's a good idea smile

And the camera's not really something I HAVE to take, I've just become used to having it with me when seeing nice places. Ah well.

What DOES annoy me is that I'm allowed to take enough medication "for the duration of the flight". But what if the luggage gets lost? It has happened to me 3 times so far, and it always took about 2 days to be delivered! And you're not supposed to put medicines in your checked in luggage either.

Silly preliminary thingies. I'll probably just call the airport 1 or 2 days in advance and ask what's the best thing to do.

(G.W. Dahlquist)

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
I'm sure you can just go up to the gate when you check in your check on luggage and ask. If they're cranky, put it in the luggage. Or maybe you can put it in a special box. I did that for a pocket knife and they handed it back to me after the flight.

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

BirgitBRONZE Member
4,145 posts

Posted:
yeah, I just need to know in advance what type of "authentification" they need so I can bring it along.

(G.W. Dahlquist)

Page: