Forums > Social Chat > When people get depressed

Login/Join to Participate

Triptoemember
71 posts

Posted:
Hey fellows!
Do you also have those days where you get really depressed and you don't know what to do about it? Just sitting around like in a black hole beeing depressed? -i wonder if there are any hints what i could do against it. does anyone has some good ideas?

-I love goats and cheesecake-

TinklePantsGOLD Member
Clique Infiltrator, Cunning Linguist and Master Debator
4,219 posts

Posted:
um search a topic before posting wink

poi helps my depression. that and some meditation.

Always use "so's your face" and "only on Tuesdays" in as many conversations possible

burninghamSecond wave. DIVE!
132 posts

Posted:
When I get depressed I just focus on the fact that it won't last forever and ride it out.

If you can, eat well & sleep at the proper times for you. I find that for me tiredness and depression are intrinsically linked.

Not meaning to pry, but are you worried about stuff, got a lot on your mind, feel like you can't deal with it. Or are you just plain, no reason for it, down?

Hello?

sketchGOLD Member
Empirically random...
431 posts

Posted:
Its simple with me.
spin poi, try something new, your mind is too busy to think like that.

"This dark place planet Earth, orbits one star,
Come from afar, far away state of mind,
open up your third eye, black helicopters in the sky"

LoewanBRONZE Member
and behold!
464 posts

Posted:
Its all about changing you brain chemistry through various means. I am getting on abit and prefer to use a more natural approach to thing. Exercise and various foods are good for preps.

Why let your body be a temple? When it can be a theme park?

Wii Console Number: 3294 0297 7824 7498

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
"When I get depressed I just focus on the fact that it won't last forever and ride it out."

ditto

I found it really helps to stop feeling censored, when yopu think along the lines of "well, I can either stay like this, feeling sorry for myself and censored, or I can think "life goes on" and start making myself feel better.

shrug

However, there are always those times when it feels like it really is the worst thing in the world and you need some help. Thats when you need your friends to help make you feel better ubbrollsmile

jo_rhymesSILVER Member
Momma Bear
4,525 posts

Posted:
Sometimes when you're in a real low and you KNOW you will probably feel better tomorrow but RIGHT NOW you feel like crap, it's best to look after yourself. When there's nothing you can do to cheer up, just make a big pot of tea, get some tasty treats, put on a couple of really funny films or funny sit coms (i enjoy watching black books) and just try and distract yourself. hug
alternatively feel free to email me and i can tell you some classic jokes and give you some joey bear cyber hugs hug biggrin

Hoppers are angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly.

shoshanahSILVER Member
enthusiast
232 posts

Posted:
put on some high energy music and go mad with your poi music is always good for changing your mood and exercise lifts you up as well and if it gets worse phone a friend

life is what you make it and what you want it to be

alien_oddityCarpal \'Tunnel
7,193 posts

Posted:
BANANA'S are the way forward (NO tinkle not like that)

banana's can help with ceritonin levles on the brain...........also good quality chocolate is good but not too much ubblol

and like sho says, some hi energy, uplifting music...............listening to radiohead is NOT the best idea tongue
try these downloads hug

https://metakinetics.com/mixes.html

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
I take (took) 10 months off work, then changed job then change girlfriend and start a whole new life. drastic but never been happier and not depressed any more biggrin

A couple of balls short of a full cascade... or maybe a few cards short of a deck... we'll see how this all fans out.

alien_oddityCarpal \'Tunnel
7,193 posts

Posted:
sometimes it takes drastic measures like that to find happyness, i feel trapped in the middle sometimes, socioty and the "rat race" on one side and freedom and peace on another, i see corruption and greed on one hand and see the freedom to choose how to exist on another.

i sound like a freak ubblol

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
don't worry rave.. you look like one too ubblol

hug

A couple of balls short of a full cascade... or maybe a few cards short of a deck... we'll see how this all fans out.

Little Tnewbie
27 posts

Posted:
i find that my twirling is like a mental/physical/visual and spiritual stress relief. i try to imagine that all my stress and anger and hurt is travelling down my arms, into my chains, into my wicks and i visualise my emotions burning up in the flames and just floating away with the smoke. weavesmiley

try and see if it helps confused

i like bubbles pretty bubbles i like bubbles in the air

awakenSILVER Member
The Evil Pixie (apparently)
716 posts

Posted:
Try going for a walk or jog or some kind of exercise .. It releases endorphins which will help make you feel better. I like jogging.... you can think about whats getting you down while you're doing it, but the physical exertion takes the edge of the mental exertion. Or you can try not to think and just take in the scenery to give your head a break.

rock hopping, hop-scotching, pippy pocky stocking - Sureau - wink thanks Jen! biggrin

Ry: I can't hear you. I'm listening to The Spice Girls.

Triptoemember
71 posts

Posted:
Wow, i never thought that i get so many good hints!! Thx a lot fellows!! hug Now i know what i can do when i get depressed again!! wink biggrin

-I love goats and cheesecake-

vinalnewbie
6 posts

Posted:
it affects everyone differntly you must remember that firstly, I've had my fair share of ups and downs I always write, I find it so good for me, just like a page a day, if I cry whilst doing it I cry, if I laugh I laugh but it helps me. the other thing I do is look at my brother and think why should I feel sorry for myself he's had cancer a brain tumor that affected his growth then our parents split and then his dad past away! but what I'm trying to say is that [censored] happens and thats life and you have to pick yourself up wash yourself down and get on with it, after all theres worse things that can happen.

wonderloeyenthusiast
255 posts

Posted:
I guess when I'm depressed I have to figure out why... And if there's no real reason accept its just my brain needs to rebalance a bit... and ride it out.

But I find two strategies help.. Firstly, dealing with the depression.. Allow yourself to feel it, but try to discover positive ways of experiencing that. Listening to music, writing, sitting by myself and sorting my brain out.. Letting myself do all that busy thinking.. Grieve for what is lost - don't fight it.

And find ways of kickstarting my life. Walking, Poiing, meditation, studying spirituality, detoxing your diet. I find if I make my body behave in a healthy manner, with lots of love and support my mind begins to follow.

"You've gone from Loey the Wonder Lesbian to everyone wondering if you are a lesbian." - Shadowman

Yesterday is yesterday. If we try to recapture it, we will only lose tomorrow.

puzzledustGOLD Member
35 posts

Posted:
This is my favourite thread on HOP. When I was down a while back I read it and felt instantly better. Yay you all hug hug ubblove!

Puzzle Dust Circus<br />

borganiqueBRONZE Member
154 posts

Posted:
play with one toy - if it pisses you off, play with another -if that pisses you off play with another - and so and so on, and have a rollie every now and again.
if tricks get frustrating, go right down to basics, i.e. 3 ball cascade or weave or one beats and get them absolutely perfect... as they are easy, you can settle into a good rhythm, and i find you start to feel happy due to the perfection of your movement, and you get a trick nice and solid.
also, closed eyes and do the above, i find this really calming, as is stretching/yoga.
if this all fails, you just have to ride it out...

Incandescent_Chaosnewbie
7 posts

Posted:
As well as doing the spinning, exercise, writing and detoxing that other people have suggested I also do a lot of art, namely painting... sometimes it can really help to angrily slap paint at a canvas and know that even if the painting is awful at least you've got your feelings out of your head and onto canvas instead!
grouphug

~~~~~
All that glitters has a high refractive index...
~~~~~