Page:
Sexy Chickmember
27 posts

Posted:
What in the world is Love? I have been asking myself this question for like ever, and i have come to yall hoping yall can help me find an answer.

Walking slowly through the rain...Without worries theres no pain...If you see a shooting star...All your problems seem so far.

Frazzlemember
105 posts

Posted:
Love Is...Not minding when your Boyf farts in bed then traps your head under the duvet.AAAHHH!

Happiness is a journey,not a destination

poiaholic22member
531 posts

Posted:

That is so not right.What guy is willing to do that?I would sooner explode.

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
*BUMP!*

Ok...

So I have a question.

What does love feel like?

Let me list some symptoms:
1) When he's with me, I feel peaceful.
2) When he's not with me, every time I close my eyes I see his face. And I miss him.
3) When I kiss him, the world could come down on top of us and I wouldn't notice.
4) When I'm stressed and unhappy... I just want to hug him. His touch is enough to make me feel calm.
5) (this is the one that makes me really wonder): were he to tell me that he wanted to stay in Ann Arbor for the rest of his life...I'd stay with him.

Am I in love?

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura

_Clare_BRONZE Member
Still wiggling
5,967 posts

Posted:
You know when you're in love m'darlin, and there is no doubt. So, really, you can already answer this question for yourself.

Do you feel content knowing that you will be together when you're old and wrinkly?

biggrin take care and enjoy finding out biggrin

Getting to the other side smile

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
It's only been a bit over two months. See? That's the problem. But I've never felt quite like this before.

-Mike

SniperBRONZE Member
Snoochie-boochie-noochies!
663 posts

Posted:
time counts for nothing when love's involved. i fell for my last ex like a sack of crap. 6 weeks later and me now £1200 in debt she's fired me off. never again. starting to take the hint now that i am actually scum and i'm just one of those guys who's never meant to be happy

anyway enough of a downer already

happy luvvin you crazy people you ubblove

_Clare_BRONZE Member
Still wiggling
5,967 posts

Posted:
Mike, people do fall in love that quickly – you will know in yourself if you are prepared to put up with all the bad things about him as well as the good. Everything good requires a bit of work smile

But you should still take it easy. If it is love (and especially if it isn't), there is no need to rush. Try not to think about it too hard, because your mind can play tricks on you. But enjoy your time together, and treasure all the time you spend together.

You will go through difficult times, and hopefully weather those times... and eventually you will know.

It doesn't really matter what you call it, because everyone feels love differently, I believe biggrin

And Sniper. Sorry you're going through such a painful time. I am sure you will eventually meet someone who suits you, but you should never need to get yourself so far into debt over a relationship. Do things that make you smile, and learn from your mistakes.

Take care lads

Clare x

Getting to the other side smile

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
Lightning. You crazy. ubbloco

Firstly, you need to define love for yourself. What do YOU think love is. Independantly of anyone you happen to be smooching.

THEN you need to look at those criteria and see if the situation warrents the word 'love'.

There are too many puppies out there that fall in love with any person, animal or prettily shaped rock they find so don't take their word for it. And every person has a different level of emotion and physicality associated with it too. You seem to be very logical rather than emotional. This can actually make love even more confusing. So stick with your logical self and set up some definitions and then find out for yourself.

Hugs! hug

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

JauntyJamesSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,533 posts

Posted:
love is anti-hate. every thing that hate is, love is the opposite

heart

-James

"How do you know if you're happy or sad without a mask? Or angry? Or ready for dessert?"

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
I wish this were like medicine where there were simple clinical criteria for love. Like "patient must have five of the six following signs and symptoms:"...

1) Palpitations upon seeing lover
2) Longing for lover in absence
3) etc..

ubblol

-Mike

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
OK... on some level... the fact that you wish that makes me sad. wink

Love isn't black and white. That's what makes it beautiful.

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
NYC...on some level... the fact that you took that seriously makes me sad. ;-)

-Mike

peles_paynimSILVER Member
80 posts

Posted:
love is when he'll sleep on the wet spot...
there's some criteria for ya

real eyes
realize
real lies

PukSILVER Member
Sweet talented nutter
2,615 posts

Posted:
Sounds like your in love

that shrewd and knavish sprite

Called Robin Good Fellow ; are you not he that is frighten of the maidens of the villagery - fairy

I am the merry wander of the night -puk

mycoBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
2,084 posts

Posted:
What a beautiful mushy thread. cuddles all round.hug
Written by: sparkey

love is anti-hate. every thing that hate is, love is the opposite

heart

I gotta say that there are a lot of similarities between love and hate. whether you love or hate someone, you get all heated up when you think of them, they're on your mind a lot, and you always talk about them, to the point where it drives others crazy. Both love and hate are very passionate, but two very different extremes, i think the opposite of both is indifference. so there's my little opinion on the matter smile

love is the most amazing feeling in the world, ubblove which is why it hurts so damn much when it's unrequited/betrayed/etc... there's nothing rational about it, which makes it so great!

and yup, lightning i think you're in love too, but why analyse it? enjoy it. go crazy. right in time for valentines day too!

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
Ok...um...so...when do I tell him? And what if he doesn't feel the same way?

-Mike

babajagaBRONZE Member
old hand
863 posts

Posted:
yeah what then?...it doesnt really matter...according to what you wrote, it has to be to some degree mutual, you wouldnt really feel like that (only my view)...if not you would feel doubts in one or another way..telling hmm whenever you feel like that....you do what I and a lot more usually...too much thinking...o and just now I try just to follow my feelings and enjoy what I'm allowed to experience ubblove

love and light sandra hug

everything will be good

What is psychology?- Looking for a black cat in a dark room. What is psychoanalysis? Psychoanalysis is looking for a black cat in a dark room -- in which there is no cat -- but finding one anyway.

mycoBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
2,084 posts

Posted:
if you feel comfortable to do so, just tell him the truth, ie. the 'symptoms' that you listed above. whether or not it's love, you sound like you love spending time with him, if you tell him that, it's letting him know that he's special to you. it also gives him an oppotunity to let you know how he feels. maybe he feels that same, maybe differently, it's still early days, like you said.

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
Written by: ...Lightning...

Ok...um...so...when do I tell him? And what if he doesn't feel the same way?

Dude, what GRADE are you in? wink

hug (I kid cuz I care... will write more later.)

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
This morning i woke to a miss PK at my hotel in Viareggio Italy, now i am back in my room in dull Newark, England.... love can hurt when you have to be apart... but if it is love then every thing will work out as you dream it....

my only advice to you mate is follow the footpath, all the roads lead back to you, just the scenery is different along the way.." as FNF said to me once... "

ado-pGOLD Member
Pirate Ninja
3,882 posts

Posted:
Written by: pk ....:™

my only advice to you mate is follow the footpath, all the roads lead back to you, just the scenery is different along the way. "

I like that.

Love is the law.

Page: