Page:
mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
Not a finished thought:

So angel rolls (in the vertical plane) have four variations:

The angel roll
The angel roll that travels over the throat.
The frontside angel roll (requires an extra beat)
the frontside angel roll that travels over the neck.
the four beat angel roll.

Therefore steve’s should have those variations.

the steve
the steve that travels over the chest
the steve that does an extra beat and does a thoat wrap
the steve that does an extra beat and does a halo.
The four beat steve.

But the other steve variations:

The minimal beat steve,
the continuous. aspect of all steves.
The arms in wheel plane aspect.

can these be done with angel rolls?

Is the minimal beat steve just a equivalent to the frontside angel roll?

So the ‘full steve’ is just a steve and then a horizontal angel roll that goes across the throat on the way back.

So there could be a ‘low fat’ steve that does a minimal steve then a true horizontal angel on the way back.

After that you get to something I was told in america. That the difference between an angel roll and a steve is no just that they go up your arms in different directions, but that they travel in opposite direction spirals on your arms.

Now thinking about it, they obviously don’t travel in spirals / helixes, as that would require some crazy arm propelloring. They inscribe a wave or a squiggly line on the tops of your arms. Nor indeed do they travel in opposite directions up your arms, that was my brain making fun of me. They essentially travel a different route up your arms. Their waves are out of sync. Like Trigonometry. Hmmmm Trigonometry.

They also start out of different hand wraps. a vertical steve starts from the pinky side and comes over the wrist. An angel roll starts from just plaining coming out of the thumb side.

What does it all mean?

Well it means I have several new things to try out, but most importantly: Angel rolls with arms like a zombie, not like a crucifix.

Plus to think about: Pivots, Angel rolls, Steves and Jesus.

angel to steve like the jesus, but without the hand propellor? That’d be sweeeeet.

plus chronos quatering up the full steve and rearranging it how he likes... ought to try that vertically... Hmmmm....

"the now legendary" - Kaskade
"the still legendary" - Kaskade

I spunked in my friend's aquarium and the fish ate it. I love all fish. Especially the pink ones. They are my bitches. - Anon.

arashiPooh-Bah
2,364 posts

Posted:
oh i'm so sorry, is this one of those wierd meg threads that actually tries to have a cohesive topic?

i'm outta here...

-Such a price the gods exact for song: to become what we sing
-Seek freedom and become captive of your desires. Seek discipline and find your liberty.
-When the center of the storm does not move, you are in its path.

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
WTF is going on? This isn't the new moves thread! What I realised today cos I'm a retard, is that all these angels things link up, hence, I should be able to angel, fishtail to angel the other way, propellor to angel the other way, turn and cont angel, then in that angel, do the hard inward transfer to angel the other way, to turn and cont angel... etc. Which is gay, but has to be done...

"the now legendary" - Kaskade
"the still legendary" - Kaskade

I spunked in my friend's aquarium and the fish ate it. I love all fish. Especially the pink ones. They are my bitches. - Anon.

Page: