Page:
NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
I was always like:

Yeah, I was in New York City when it happened and I even went to the vigils and stuff but is it too much to ask for a kickass action packed movie? FINALLY, it's here...

The 9/11 movie.

Dude, I totally hope they make a video game... THAT would be hot!

[ frown ]

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

jeff(fake)Scientist of Fortune
1,189 posts

Posted:
I'm perfectly aware of the claims made by the 911 truth movement. I didn't need to watch the movie to know that they are rubbish. Regardless I watched the movie anyway and all I heard were the same old claims as well as a pretty unintelligent narrator begging the question whenever his frankly non-existant knowledge of collision dynamics had trouble.

Basicaly it's just one and a half hours of a guy saying 'I'm too stupid too understand how this works'.

According to Heisenberg's Uncertainty Principle of Quantum Dynamics, we may already be making love right now...

Pen DravenUnofficial Lord Of Confusion And Pirate Extrodinaire
1,363 posts

Posted:
heh sounds like a few State of the Unions i've watched wink

Some men see things and say why....

I Dream of things that never were and say Why Not....?

Oh No I'm going to get Shot Alive if he finds out - DA wink

jeff(fake)Scientist of Fortune
1,189 posts

Posted:
Hundreds of people said they thought they saw a large plane hit the Pentagon. Two said they thought they saw a small plane hit the Pentagon. Noone said they saw a missile hit the Pentagon.

Yet we are to believe that a missile hit the Pentagon based on the misinterprated quotations from those two people and the narrators inability to grasp what happens to the wings of a 757 as it hits a concrete wall at medium velocities (they warp backwards towards the fussalage, so much for 'the hole isn't big enough' arguement').

I mean, really now. We'll have the moon hoax and time cube at this rate.

According to Heisenberg's Uncertainty Principle of Quantum Dynamics, we may already be making love right now...

Zauberdachsenthusiast
220 posts

Posted:
 Written by: dani_babyboo

Written by: Sethis

Surely the only way to teach a politician a lesson is to kill a few of his constituency?

this remark i found sad and pathetic

rolleyes

It's an interesting point. Plane hits building therefore people are interested...

This could have been phrased better to make it a rhetorical question: "What this suggests is that the only way to teach a politician a lesson is to kill a few of his constituency?" would have been better.

You guys jumping down each others throats is kind of pathetic actually... wink

The insults of your enemy are a tribute to your bravery wink

dani_babybooSILVER Member
addict
667 posts

Posted:
thank u someone seen what i meant and yer it is a bit silly but i get too involved in many a discussion

enticed, entrapped, entombed.
intoxicated, impaled, ingested.
bewitched, beaten, broken.
enter the love realm...
insert ur token

o jej, ale bym ci wylizal ten pepek

stepped up promotions

PrometheusDiamond In The Rough
459 posts

Posted:
 Written by: GothFrogette

...the whole point of the attack was for the terroists to get the attention of the world. they did that and are still doing it...

Actually, they're not. Most people don't realize that bin Laden has never admitted he had anything to do with 9/11. He's taken no credit for it, in fact he denounced the attacks.

In fact, what makes 9/11, perhaps the most horrible act of terrorism ever, so unique is that no one has claimed responsibility for it. This is contrary to every terrorist attack ever. Ever. If the whole point of terrorism is to publicize a cause, why not 9/11?

I won't get into a full blown discussion here of why I believe 9/11 was perpetrated by the government, (Feel free to start a separate conspiracy debunking thread...I'll be all over it), but the numerous inconsistencies demand that we question the government.

Dance like it hurts; Love like you need money; Work like someone is watching.

Never criticize someone until you've walked a mile in their shoes. That way, when you DO criticize them, you are a mile away, and you have their shoes.

SethisBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
1,762 posts

Posted:
I'd guess that if anyone claimed responsibility then they'd get the entire US intelligence network thrown at them, as well as most of Europe's and indeed any other country interested in showing how keen they are to be friends with America. Whoever was funding them would stop, instantly. No-one would touch them because they'd be too "hot".

And yes, it might have been phrased better, but I don't expect to get insulted for voicing a hypothetical question.

To answer the question itself:

Politicians of every kind and calibre ignore the wishes of the majority of the constituents. It's that simple. If they wanted to know what most people want them to do, then they would stand out on the street with a clipboard and write down what people thought. What they do instead is give you some options like:

"Would you prefer us to expand this road here, or add some streetlights here?"

or

"Would you like us to enforce the ban on smoking, or not really?"

Unimportant stuff. Stuff that makes you feel like you have a say in what your local government is doing. The rest of the time, the government just coasts along with their own little agenda that originates behind closed doors, generally something to do with borderline-illegal/unethical ways of making money.

BUT then suddenly a huge thing happens that kills lots of people. Suddenly there is a huge public cry for more "Security" and "Anti-Terrorism" measures. Or as the case may be "Shut down the Nuclear Power Plants!" or even "Make our trains safer". The government bustles around and looks all important and busy, doubling the amount of police on the streets, and imposing all sorts of new security measures to show just how keen they are to prevent any more of their citizenry dying. Blah blah blah.

Then the event moves into the past and people forget about it. Threat's gone, go back to your lives folks, and let the government get on with their illegitimate schemes in peace.

Top Up Fees: The entirity of the Students Union and several other academic bodies were against them, as were the vast majority of people with 16-20 year old kids, and 16-20 yr olds themselves. The law went through anyway.

Education Bill: Huge protest from the Teachers Union, and lots and lots of parents and students. Bill went through.

The government mostly simply ignores the population until something major happens.

After much consideration, I find that the view is worth the asphyxiation.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I may disagree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.

sagetreeGOLD Member
organic creation
246 posts

Posted:
 Written by: jeff(fake)

Lets get real people, Loose Change is nothing but disinformation... (I'm about 20 minutes in now. God damn this is a crap movie)

it makes me laugh (at you) that you comment about an hour and half long movie and then tell us in your comment that you've only watched 20 min. i mean you could at least leave that part out and let us assume that you watched it. in my opinion it makes your comment about as believable as the 'official 9/11 story'

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Prometheus

Written by: GothFrogette

...the whole point of the attack was for the terroists to get the attention of the world. they did that and are still doing it...

Actually, they're not. Most people don't realize that bin Laden has never admitted he had anything to do with 9/11. He's taken no credit for it, in fact he denounced the attacks.

In fact, what makes 9/11, perhaps the most horrible act of terrorism ever, so unique is that no one has claimed responsibility for it. This is contrary to every terrorist attack ever. Ever. If the whole point of terrorism is to publicize a cause, why not 9/11?

eh? where did you get those ideas from...?

i picked out some osama bin laden quotes from the last few years for you, as you seem to have missed them first time around (they are all taken from video footage broadcast by al jazeera or found on al-qaida websites):

december 2001: "Terrorism against America deserves to be praised because it was a response to injustice, aimed at forcing America to stop its support for Israel, which kills our people,"

october 2004: "While I was looking at these destroyed towers in Lebanon, it sparked in my mind that the tyrant should be punished with the same and that we should destroy towers in America, so that it tastes what we taste and would be deterred from killing our children and women."

october 2004: "If Bush says we hate freedom, let him tell us why we didn't attack Sweden, for example."

he also admitted planning the attacks in the may 2006 audiotape. {source}

cole. x

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
i come to 'dis cafe quite a lot myself.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
Cole, Please stop using facts to dispute 9/11 conspiracies. 9/11 conspiracies, much like religions, are personal belief systems that are independant fact and logic.

Hrmm... I'm suddenly itching for a game of illumanati.

Non-Https Image Link

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
man that game rocks! biggrin

especially if you've read this:

Non-Https Image Link

cole. x

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
i come to 'dis cafe quite a lot myself.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
Well NYC if we're going with that way of thinking how about throwing in the theory that Osama Bin Laden is actually an actor working for the US Government to be a Bogeyman Poster Child for Terror for which we are going to war on...?

(Just a theory, no basis in fact but food for thought...)

Illuminati? Weren't they the crap bad guys in Lara Croft Tomb Raider?

"I used to want to change the world, now I just wanna leave the room with a little dignity..." - Lotus Weinstock

SethisBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
1,762 posts

Posted:
Just play Deus Ex if you want to know about the illuminati... one of the best PC games ever made.

The Illuminati game is fun too smile

After much consideration, I find that the view is worth the asphyxiation.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I may disagree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.

Patriarch917SILVER Member
I make my own people.
607 posts

Posted:
Deus Ex = pwnage.

The second one wasn't nearly as good, but the first was the best RPG/FPS ever made.

Gnarly CraniumSILVER Member
186 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Brit_Joe

I havnt seen the trailor for it, but it might actually be a good thing. If its done right it might become the next Schindlars List, such a brilliant film.

You have GOT to be effing kidding me.

Millions of people were not imprisoned and executed on 9/11. A significant portion of an entire culture and hundreds of families were not saved. And despite what they like to say, there was no WAR going on.

NOBODY KNOWS WHAT HAPPENED ON THAT FREEKIN PLANE. For Schindler's list there was at least some record-- sure they had to fill in some blanks but there were facts to work off of. Facts that are pretty damn hard to argue, like the Holocaust, and the identity and presence of Hitler. Do we know who brought down that plane? Do we really? The last several minutes of the flight tapes are still classified. Why?

I dunno, maybe I've seen the Lone Gunmen pilot a few too many times, but I personally refuse to let this whole 9/11 thing get turned into a huge tragedy and USED to manipulate me. More people die every day from mistakes in US hospitals-- not to be comparing numbers here, but honestly this country is SCREAMING over a stubbed toe, while others are being torn apart by civil war, famine, disease, and poverty.

They put moving orchestral music over all of the shots of the fire and the towers going down. It was being treated like a movie within days of the event. It made me feel sick to my stomach. They're MILKING it for every bit of public reaction they can get, and using it to WHIP us into some kind of 'patriotic' frenzy. They're milking it for profit, grief, fear, and outrage-- and THAT is terrorism.

The conflict itself is still going on-- it's too early for dramatization. All that accomplishes now is putting a certain slant on it, telling people what to think of what happened when we don't even know what DID happen.. and that my friends is propaganda. You know what this movie is portraying? Us versus Them. Brave Americans versus the terrorists. Better yet, brave Americans DYING to fight the evil terrorists... (who are there to die fighting THEM.... *sigh*)

I wonder if there are any movies being made in other countries about the 'heroic' efforts of the brave suicide bombers or the resistance fighters in the war in Iraq. They probably have tons of sappy music, too.

Written by: dani_babyboo

as for u sethis u really are one of the sad pathetic people on this earth, innocent people do not deserve to die, what is worse than having to jump to your own death from a burning tower

Oh, please. rolleyes

There's plenty of worse things. I'd much rather leap out of a burning building than get eaten alive by 10,000 hamsters. Better view, for one thing.

As for the 'killing constituents' remark, Sethis was using this thing called SARCASM. It's a little hard to get in text, I know-- but you're letting the topic get you too worked up and you're taking everything everybody says personally.

Written by: jeff(fake)

Hate the American administation if you must, but making false accusations against them is stupidity and strengthens their support. They've done a lot of bad stuff but deliberately killing thousands of their own people isn't on of them.

You so sure? They're killing us, with the chemicals they let companies put into our air, our food, and our homes. They're killing us with the radiation that's polluted the entire planet from nuclear testing. They're killing the people who can't afford health care. Oh and they're completely screwing over what's left of life for everyone who can't afford education or decent housing. They're killing us with capital punishment. They're killing thousands of people in OTHER countries, for oil and money. They're killing our troops by sending them out to fight over that oil and money. And they're killing darn near everybody with the pollution that's destroying the environment and climate. Alright so much of that falls under 'negligence'... but that's almost worse.

"Ours is not to question The Head; it is enough to revel in the ubiquitous inanity of The Head, the unwanted proximity of The Head, the unrelenting HellPresence of The Head, indeed the very UNYIELDING IRRELEVANCE of The Head!" --Revelation X

dani_babybooSILVER Member
addict
667 posts

Posted:
yes it was the better option to dive for your own death than burn alive but no one should have had to make that choice was my point

what terror would go through your mind, jumo and die or stay and die no life at either end thats what i meant

enticed, entrapped, entombed.
intoxicated, impaled, ingested.
bewitched, beaten, broken.
enter the love realm...
insert ur token

o jej, ale bym ci wylizal ten pepek

stepped up promotions

Gnarly CraniumSILVER Member
186 posts

Posted:
Yes, dani. It's horrible. WE KNOW.

Can't anybody just give the melodrama a rest? The Tragedy Circus isn't helping anything.

"Ours is not to question The Head; it is enough to revel in the ubiquitous inanity of The Head, the unwanted proximity of The Head, the unrelenting HellPresence of The Head, indeed the very UNYIELDING IRRELEVANCE of The Head!" --Revelation X

DominoSILVER Member
UnNatural Scientist - Currently working on a Breville-legged monkey
757 posts

Posted:
A rather good article about the film United 93.

Has a comparison of the WTC movie and a far less "Hollywood" film called United 93. Also has some musing about 9/11 and the effects. Definately worth the read, I think I like to see United 93.

Give me a lever long enough and a place to stand and I can beat the world into submission.

Page: