Forums > Help! > A favour from the Londoners

Login/Join to Participate

BethMiss Whippy
1,262 posts

Posted:
Hi guys,

I'm due to start work experience for Bloomsbury publishers in May and i was wondering if anybody would be incredibly kind to me and lend me sofa or floor space for the odd night? Otherwise i will have a 4 hour commute each day from Oxford and i think that would kill me! Also if you know of any cheap/safe/clean B&B's, hostels or hotels, any and all info is very muchly appreciated!

Thankyou londoners hug

Beth x

Aim high and you'll know your limits, aim low and you'll never know how high you could have climbed.

jo_rhymesSILVER Member
Momma Bear
4,525 posts

Posted:
I cant help you out i'm afraid Beth, but you're working for Bloomsbury!!! WOW!! biggrin Will you get me Jo Rowling's autograph and hints for the last Potter book!! biggrin wow!!

Hoppers are angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly.

MedusaSILVER Member
veteran
1,433 posts

Posted:
The boys and myself where I live were thinking about getting a mattress so we could have people stay over (you know those damn drunken parties where everyone crashes....

Let me talk to the boys and see if they would be okay with it but I see no problems with you being able to crash in our lounge for a couple of nights if you would like.

BethMiss Whippy
1,262 posts

Posted:
Jo - unfortunately im more likely to pelt JK Rowling with rotten tomatoes and shout at her for unslaving the world with Potter Madness than ask for her autograph... but i'll try! smile

Medusa, that would be brilliant, lots of hugs and cookies to you, where abouts in london are you?

Aim high and you'll know your limits, aim low and you'll never know how high you could have climbed.

MedusaSILVER Member
veteran
1,433 posts

Posted:
Near Wimbledon....you can get anywhere very easily from my place.

buzzingtalkMember
152 posts

Posted:
beth try www.travelpunk.com, they list all the b n b 's in the world, i remembet seeing one for a tenner a night i central and they are pretty OK aswell none of them will be dodgy. hope this helps, peace

Kiss me now, You're beatiful, For these days are truly the last.

MedusaSILVER Member
veteran
1,433 posts

Posted:
Yep no problems with my housemates if you wanna crash for a couple of nights.

What borough (suburb?) will you be working in while in London I can work out how to get there for you if you would like...

BethMiss Whippy
1,262 posts

Posted:
You're a star Medusa! hug

I'll be working in Soho, i know my way around central london pretty well but its the rest of it that confuses me so directions will be very useful smile

My work experience lasts for 4 weeks so i'm calling in favours from my non hopper london friends as well, the odd night here and there will make the world of difference smile should be a fun month! biggrin

MedusaSILVER Member
veteran
1,433 posts

Posted:
Yay! Well let me know what days you want at my little abode....when will you be coming to London?

You can catch a train close to where I live straight into waterloo (six stops I think it is maybe five) and then everything is pretty close from there....

animatEdBRONZE Member
1 + 1 = 3
3,540 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Beth

I'll be working in Soho,

umm

wink

Empty your mind. Be formless, Shapeless, like Water.
Put Water into a cup, it becomes the cup, put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle, put water into a teapot, it becomes the teapot.
Water can flow, or it can Crash.
Be Water My Friend.

sunbeamSILVER Member
old hand
1,032 posts

Posted:
good luck with the work experience.
and if you don´t have any luck with the Hoppers (not very likely but still.... you could try
https://www.couchsurfing.com/
and www.tribe.net (there´s london tribes and couchsurfing tribes)

"I don't take drugs. I am drugs" - Salvador Dali

sunny