Page: ...
LostSurferSILVER Member
I'd be in trouble if I had to eat an antelope now
278 posts

Posted:
So who's going to Glade this year then?

I'm going with a few friends and can't wait! bounce

The venue is undecided yet, and is apparently different to last year, more information can be found at the eFestivals website and at the Official Glade Website. The Glade site is moving server but was emailed to say that it should be up and running on wednesday.

See you there? biggrin

ubbrollsmile

"Everything in moderation. Even moderation itself. From this it follows that you must, from time to time, have excess. And this is going to be one of those occasions"

SeyeSILVER Member
Geek
1,261 posts

Posted:
Right - need to get pegs, glowsticks and alcohol biggrin

Its tomorrow. Its tomorrow. Its tomorrow. Its tomorrow. Its tomorrow. Its tomorrow. Its tomorrow. Its tomorrow. Its tomorrow. Its tomorrow. Its tomorrow. Its tomorrow. Its tomorrow. Its tomorrow. Its tomorrow. Its tomorrow. Its tomorrow. Its tomorrow. Its tomorrow. Its tomorrow. Its tomorrow. Its tomorrow. biggrin

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
You b*stard. You b*stard. You b*stard. You b*stard. You b*stard. You b*stard. You b*stard. You b*stard. You b*stard. You b*stard. You b*stard. You b*stard. You b*stard. You b*stard. You b*stard. You b*stard. You b*stard. You b*stard. You b*stard. You b*stard. You b*stard. You b*stard. You b*stard. angry

"I used to want to change the world, now I just wanna leave the room with a little dignity..." - Lotus Weinstock

BrokenLeavesSILVER Member
48 posts

Posted:
So..tomorrow begins my first glade experience :-)

anyone want to fill me in on what to expect?
is secrutoty tight?
what do I need to know?

Sambo_FluxGOLD Member
Introverted
833 posts

Posted:
Expect a beautiful location, 9 stages of QUALITY choons, really friendly vibe, loads of spinners/jugglers etc. I had the best festival experience I've ever had last year. Security is apparently a bit more tight this year, but bring half a cerebrum and you'll be fine.

I can guarantee if you bring your whole cerebrum, you'll only be left with half by the end, especially if Squarepusher is playing again! ubbloco

Bring ID with address (a bill or something) to prove that the ticket is yours too...

The only other thing to remember is suncream, if last year is anything to go by!! ubbloco

My Mind is a Ship
Emotions become the Waves
Soul is the Ocean

If a quizz is quizzical, what is a test?

SeyeSILVER Member
Geek
1,261 posts

Posted:
Just been alcohol and food shopping biggrin

Fully boozed up for the weekends festivities beerchug

Just got to pack everything up and work out how the hell we are getting everyone and all the stuff in the car.

I'll be looking for the flag when we arrive - should hopefully be about 2:30 - 3ish.

There's LOADS of us by the way wink

simtaBRONZE Member
compfuzzled
1,182 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Seye

There's LOADS of us by the way wink

damn straight, we're comin to rampage lol

its going to be full range fatness

"the geeks have got you" - Gayle

FractosDirty Fire Project
133 posts

Posted:
heheheh smile

oOo
You see, you already know circle-theory,
you just don't *know* that you know.

newgabeSILVER Member
what goes around comes around. unless you're into stalls.
4,030 posts

Posted:
I am leaving the EJC at sunrise tomorrow to dash to Glade. Only slightly hampered by still not knowing where the hell it IS!! Didn't get online in time to register for the email. Sigh. I guess I'll get to Reading and follow my nose. Unless one of you kind people want to tell me where I should be heading for?? PM even!!

.....Can't juggle balls but I sure as hell can juggle details....

duballstarSILVER Member
slack rating - 9.5
2,216 posts

Posted:
have fun you lucky peeps... if you see one act make sure you see mood deluxe on the liquid stage... phat psy breaks like you never heard! biggrin

i'll be jealously thinking of y'all.... green with envy----> footinmouth

It is our fantasies that make us real. Without our fantasies we're just a blank monkey' - Terry Pratchett

Firetrampold hand
898 posts

Posted:
*Rant following* I wanted to go to Glade this year but because I got pregnant and my baby was due on Monday I had accepted the fact that I wouldn't be able to go. Now, this baby is still inside of me, five days overdue and me stuck at home with everybody enjoying the festival, boohoohoo... ubbcrying

Blame it on the hormones...

I hope everybody has a wicked time and I want full reports when u all get back. (Don't forget your sun lotions!)

Ask a question and be a fool for a minute...don't ask and be a fool your whole life.

Sambo_FluxGOLD Member
Introverted
833 posts

Posted:
Well, just got back from the Glade. What a festival. I spent most of it by the Origin stage with my Poi.

It was too hot though, I'm burnt to a crisp. And what was with the Origin closing at 12???? Grrrrr......

Still, the Liquid stage was there to pick it up again... Overall, another fantastic year, and I'll be there again next year. biggrin cool weavesmiley

My Mind is a Ship
Soul is the Ocean

duballstarSILVER Member
slack rating - 9.5
2,216 posts

Posted:
mmm... i so wish i could have camped out at the liquid stage and id spiral for the weekend.... hope you all had fun though! smile

It is our fantasies that make us real. Without our fantasies we're just a blank monkey' - Terry Pratchett

KupschSILVER Member
163 posts

Posted:
gutted i missed this. been reading the bangface but was the highlight. arghhhh. i had to work al wkend. how wack is that!

Sambo_FluxGOLD Member
Introverted
833 posts

Posted:
There's always next year hun! hug

I'm so sunburnt now I can hardly move, let alone spin! wink

My Mind is a Ship
Soul is the Ocean

newgabeSILVER Member
4,030 posts

Posted:
yeah how weird was it suddenly stopping at 8 pm on Sunday!! That was 2 days of festival, not 3!!! But a great vibe and at LAST!!!! some warmth for my poor aussie bones to thaw out (I been in Ireland)

SeyeSILVER Member
Geek
1,261 posts

Posted:
I cant believe how hot it was!

Hope everyone enjoyed the pegs (did Dave find his on saturday night / Sunday morning?).

Rob - hope you recovered from that face smack (it looked damn painful!)

I was a little bit spannered for, umm... the whole weekend - The heat seemed to amplify every single drink and toke. So sorry to everyone I said I'd meet and completely failed to.

The only dissapointing thing was the sound. It was REALLY sketchy all weekend.

oliSILVER Member
not with cactus
2,052 posts

Posted:
ubbrollsmile hehe that was really good... was a pleasure to meet and chat to everyone i did, sorry if i wasnt able to say anything sensible at the time...

heard some wicked music in the glade stage.. enjoyed autechres (sp?) set from right next to a big speaker stack... was pretty incredible. the sound system at the origen was a bit crazy for my liking, it only seemed to sound good if you were stood next to a speaker or in the perfect spot inbetween them all. was loving the liquid stage though.. was it just me or did that tent just suck you down towards the front? other highlights was getting lost and then rescued by some GI janes ubblol and the band called !!! that played on sunday, and sitting in the rabbit hole on a really comfy sofa for ages on saturday night, felt like the best place in teh whole world at the time...

smile smile

Me train running low on soul coal
They push+pull tactics are driving me loco
They shouldn't do that no no no

KupschSILVER Member
163 posts

Posted:
did anyone catch modeselektor? im yet to hear reports on them. love them.

newgabeSILVER Member
4,030 posts

Posted:
The band called !!! reminded me of Hotblack Desiato and Disaster Area... soooo loud! I went into the loo block nearby and everything was shaking and rattling. I thought the loos were going to explode! I liked the sound in quite a few of the venues.. sancho panza was crisp as!

duballstarSILVER Member
slack rating - 9.5
2,216 posts

Posted:
!!! are sposed to be wicked according to my mates who know these things. still haven't heard them yet though... even though they've been around for ages...

SeyeSILVER Member
Geek
1,261 posts

Posted:
the first installment of our glade photo's are now up on my site https://www.your-world.co.uk

feel free to have a look through the gallery and save any that you like. If you want to post comments you'll have to register but to viewing and saving is open to anyone smile

Page: ...