Page: ...
MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
I don't seem to think we've had a thread on this. So as to make it easier to keep track of who is celebrating a birthday when, if you would like us to (try and) remember your birthday, post the special day here!

My birthday is July 8, 1977.

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura

Thistleold hand
950 posts

Posted:
My birthday is the 25th September. Exactly nine months from Christmas, so that means I was conceived on christmas day.

Ps. Anyone who is thinking of maybe posting a reply regarding the gestation period for human pregnancy being a certain amount of weeks thus disproving my theory, to you I say, please don't it's my bubble and I don't want to burst it

Pps. This is a nice idea Mike, sorry, Lightening. However, everyone has the opportunity to display their birthday in their profile. You'd be suprised how many don't. Although you're right there hasn't ever been a thread for it specifically.

Are we nearly there yet?

KajiQuantum Theorist
564 posts

Posted:
My B-Day is Jan. 19, 1985. Yay! I turn 18 in 1 month and 3 days!

In the 60's people took acid to make the world weird, now the world is weird and they take prozac to make it normal again.

flidBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,136 posts

Posted:
was anyone else geeky enough to think about writting a bot to spider everyone's profiles and just get dirthdate information that way when they saw this post?

Just wrote one in perl over the last 10 minutes, but don't think i'll run it or i may incur the wrath of malcom

thisboysetsfiremember
45 posts

Posted:
my birthday is the 26th of may 1986!

Mike Buggins

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
Flid, how about a bot that would post a "Happy Birthday" thread on someone's birthday. But make participation in the bot's database optional?

Malcolm would still have to OK it, of course.

And when is your birthday, flid?

-Mike

flowingchaliceBRONZE Member
180 posts

Posted:
Mine's July 18th, 1980.

Rock on all ye happy crabs!

Yup, that includes you Lightning

[ 17. December 2002, 10:04: Message edited by: flowingchalice ]

Who looks outside dreams; who looks inside wakes C G Jung

Kinudin (Soul Fyre)veteran
1,325 posts

Posted:
Febuary 9th, 1988.

Around two months until I'm 15! w00t!
Yay n' stuff
Kinudin

Bram....member
1,551 posts

Posted:
I was born on August 6th 1986, and its was like 100*F out when I was born. I think

You. Its whats for dinner!

As time passes, you realise all the mistakes you amde and the ones you wish you never did make.

The wave crashing on the beach

ValuraSILVER Member
Mumma Hen
6,391 posts

Posted:
OMG...Chalice!!! We have the same birthday.
Mine is also the 18 of July 1980...which means you must have a Leo rising!!!
Well we must be special I reckon....means that you also have the birth number of 7 which is the number of the mystic.... That is so cool.

TAJ "boat mummy." VALURA "yes sweetie you went on a boat, was daddy there with you?" TAJ "no, but monkey on boat" VALURA "well then sweetie, Daddy WAS there with you"

vaperloc...the mightylook @my member
466 posts

Posted:
Mine is Jan. 23 1980 wooo only a month till mine.

There are no obstacles only challenges.
Very funny scotty now beam down my pants.
[colour."green"}What would willie do?

AHH theres too many wee leprechauns i cannae squash them all

Paddyback from the dead...sort of
884 posts

Posted:
July 16th, 1982, for me. Wahooo!

Chalice, Valura, word to Crabbiness.

Boooooo to the fact that everyone is always gone on vacation and such when us poor summer babies try to have BD parties.

Thistleold hand
950 posts

Posted:
Valura you and Chalice won't necessary have the same rising sign even if you were born on the same date. Your rising sign depends on your time and place of birth.

I do agree that you are both special

Are we nearly there yet?

flidBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,136 posts

Posted:
birthdaybot is running. It'll take about 2 to 3 hours to complete as I've set it to use low bandwidth (don't wanna abuse HOP's net connection). It shouldn't use any more bandwidth than your average HOP addict (you know who you are!).

In my opinion anyone who 'opts in' to putting their brithdate in their profile opens themselves up to having their data harvested by bots. 99% of bots which run collecting data from boards such as this are written by spammers who get the chance to get at the same time as email addresses demographic information about their targets (big bussiness you know - selling email address is one thing, selling emails with info about the targets is another). This is one reason I don't put personal info on profiles.

I've got no interest in pissing anyone off, so birthdaybot is only taking birthdate and member name. What is done with the data is upto you people.

As for my birthdate, I don't really give out that sort of info online. Other than the polint I made above, I'm sure you're all nice sane people, but i've met countless nutters/fruitcakes/psychopaths in the 7 or 8 years i've used the internet to know not to give out personal info like that. I am however somewhere in the region of 21

pantsonfirethe man with the flaming pants
148 posts

Posted:
Yeah my birthday the best cause you all celebrate on that day! mines 25 of dec 1983!!!!!!!!

It's all good

ValuraSILVER Member
Mumma Hen
6,391 posts

Posted:
True Thistle?
I had no idea...!!

TAJ "boat mummy." VALURA "yes sweetie you went on a boat, was daddy there with you?" TAJ "no, but monkey on boat" VALURA "well then sweetie, Daddy WAS there with you"

flidBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,136 posts

Posted:
BirthdayBot tonight took a sample of the first 1500 registered users. It planned to do them all, but the board appeared to go down half way through, so it decided to stop running incase it was for some reason the cause of the problem (sorry!). BirthdayBot would like to make the following announcements about HOP members who registered with their birthdate:

About 5% of users gave their birthday
The average age of HOP users is: 24
Our youngest: Missie (born in 1995)
Our oldest: SteelWngs (born in 1968)
Celebrating birthdays in the next 7 days are: Bendy
Celebrating birthdays in the next month are: Ash, bender, C@ntus, falloutboy, Twirl'N'Burn,
The most popular HOP Birth month is: August (14)
The least popular HOP Birth month is: May (1)

And finally BirthdayBot would like to announce that flid needs to get out more, being able to write such programs in such a short space of time isn't a good thing, it's really rather sad and geeky.

FireSpiritSILVER Member
Classic 90's Fire Dancer... Poi, Staff, Doubles, and Breathing
743 posts

Posted:
My Birthday is:

March 26, 1979

I was born under the Budding Trees Moon at the end of March. The Red Hawk/ Falcon is my Totem Animal, and I am of the Thunderbird Clan. Fire is my element, and Fire Opal is my Mineral.
I am an Aris, born of the Awakining Time in the Northern Hemisphere.

~Fire Spirit

FIRE IS ALIVE!
IT LIVES AND BREATHS!
IT CONSUMES, AND DISTROYS!
BUT WE CONTROL IT,
AND DANCE WITH FIRE!!

Cagemember
174 posts

Posted:
My b-day is the day of summer solstice - June 21, 1980. I don't know much about horoscopes but I know that I'm on the cusp of gemini and cancer. A friend recently informed me that there is no way that I'm a gemini - that I'm definately a cancer. Is that a bad thing?

Without further guilding the lily and with no more ado, I bid you farewell and sweet dreams...

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
Flid, geeky, perhaps, but we've got a bunch of proud geeks on the site (including me).

Personally, I'm just frankly impressed. Gosh...you're smart!

-Mike

Phuhzzzie Wuhzzzie the Pumpkin Kingmember
141 posts

Posted:
Over the past eigghteen years my birthday has fallen on the fourth of August so due to laws of probbabilty, averages and the like it should occur on that day for at least the next eighteen years. But hey it might not, things could change, anything could happen, right?
Ooh yeah! Just one question. Do Born Agains have two birthdays, get a new one or just have the one they started with?

A wise man once said to me, Hey! You! Get out of my wardrobe! and in a way, I guess he was right.

Sweet Pixiemember
24 posts

Posted:
As a newcomer to this forum i felt i should play this little game so i can get to know you all a bit better and vice versa

My birthday happens to be the 30th June 1980, and that makes this little sweet pixie an ocean of emotion.....(a cancerian that is)

The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched...they must be felt with the heart...

Aguamember
67 posts

Posted:
Happy Birthday to me,

December 23, 1980

Amateurs practice something until they get it right; professionals practice until they can't get it wrong.

Bendymember
750 posts

Posted:
This Sunday...

Courage is the man who can stop after only one peanut

RoziSILVER Member
100 characters max...
2,996 posts

Posted:
Hey, heppy berfday for Sunday, Bendy!!

Mine is 19th of Jan 1979. Search back through this thread a little and then call out "snap" when you find out who else has that date.

Capricorns rule!!!

It was a day for screaming at inanimate objects.

What this calls for is a special mix of psychology and extreme violence...

flidBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,136 posts

Posted:
Rozi: BirthdayBot would like to inform you that member 1226 (Lapaire) also has your birthday, but is 3 years younger. You're also 10 years and 1 day older than our very own Malcolm.

Anyone else wanna know useless birthday facts?

[ 17. December 2002, 17:58: Message edited by: flid ]

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
Flid, I've never met Malcolm in person, but I could swear he's older than 13.

Sweet Pixie, my mom is June 29.

And I'm a Cancer, too. Kind of a crappy sign. I'm either a funny animal that walks sideways, a life-threatening disease, or an annoying STD (crabs). I'd much rather be a Leo or something cool like that.

[ 17. December 2002, 18:06: Message edited by: MikeGinny (Lightning) ]

-Mike

RoziSILVER Member
100 characters max...
2,996 posts

Posted:
*imagining Malcolm as a teen internet mogul*

flidBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,136 posts

Posted:
As the line started with the word "Rozi:", the "You're" was aimed at Rozi, not the number 3

RoziSILVER Member
100 characters max...
2,996 posts

Posted:
But am only 23

ZoltarBRONZE Member
Beginner
282 posts

Posted:
January 24th, 1969

So much fire, so little body hair...

Page: ...