IkleStrawberrySILVER Member
17 posts

Posted:
Shortly l'll be starting a new club night in Liverpool and due to the recent downfall of another night and the costs of starting a night I need to make sure things are going to go Ok. So If people could just answer a few questions for me or just tell me what they look for in a nightclub Itd be much appreciated.

We will be plaing, EBM, Industrial, Gabba, Psy-trance, dark rave, and such things

Id just like to know things such as:
How important is the decor?
Would drinks prices affect the decision to attend?
Would people be willing to travel for a good night?
and generally what youd like to see/hear

Thanks alot!

~Im playing the game~

LoewanBRONZE Member
and behold!
464 posts

Posted:
I think the decor really set the mood. But I am not a big fan of those UV psychdelic wall hanging. They just makes the place look kind of tacky. Go for something different! Those UV inflatables seems to work quite well. I think the most important thing is to convince the people that they are somewhere where they are not.

I am not much of a drinker so I am not bothered about the price of drink. As long as I get my bottle of safety water, I am fine if you get what I am saying. wink

It really have to depends on how well the marketing goes and the timing of the show. We went to see Laurent Garnier and the venue was completely packed out. If you put on a good show, people will come but it will also have to depend on how well you time it as well. And something gimmicky would be a draw. Have it at a specfic time of the moon phase or something and make a big deal out of that. Try and coincide with the Pegan calendar maybe?

Psytrance for me plz! biggrin

Why let your body be a temple? When it can be a theme park?

Wii Console Number: 3294 0297 7824 7498

FrodoBRONZE Member
old hand
1,092 posts

Posted:
Performers!!
I know a few good ones too...

passing through, this world still lives.

Flame BoyGOLD Member
veteran
1,508 posts

Posted:
ubbidea What I reckon would be super cool is a space set aside for spinners, like a podeum that anyone can get on to show off their stuff for a bit.

AAARRRGGGHHH!!! My giant stick broke!!! In two!!! My stick broke in two!!! ubbcrying

Pikey PhilGOLD Member
5 posts

Posted:
not ANYONE... that could be a disaster!

get your mates to go along and spin, its good to put on a show

Keep it Pikey

Flame BoyGOLD Member
veteran
1,508 posts

Posted:
Is this going on?

AAARRRGGGHHH!!! My giant stick broke!!! In two!!! My stick broke in two!!! ubbcrying

faceofspacestranger
1 post

Posted:
Yoodle !

I am a psytrance producer and dj for the past 10 years i have been living in goa for 6 years. i have recently moved to liverpool and am finding the scene very dry.i cant find any psytrance anywhere i really wanna play somewhere cause i got loads of fresh dance floor stompers that need to be unleashed. any one got any advice for me ?