Page:
preSILVER Member
161 posts

Posted:
As you may or may not know the WJF championships began yesterday or thurstday the 15th of december. I was wondering if anyone has any Predictions and who they think might be able to take on the winners from last year in the solo competitions. here take the pole im just curious if anyone who will take on the champions from last year. There is not a womens pole because quite frankly I think it is between two jugglers Olga galchenko and Gena Shvartsman. Im just curious what poeple think if anyone has any opinions to share feel free. Remember you are voting on who is most likely to beat last years champions. Remeber you are voting on who is most likely to take on last years champion. If you dont think anyone will beat them vote for who you think will take second.

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
Written by: coleman

"no truely difficult tricks" - 7 club 7up pirouette

don't be silly cole, I can do that already! Obviously, I used sellotape...

"the now legendary" - Kaskade
"the still legendary" - Kaskade

I spunked in my friend's aquarium and the fish ate it. I love all fish. Especially the pink ones. They are my bitches. - Anon.

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
sorry meg.

your 5 club alberts make gatto's look rubbish too.

(i finally saw your v&o vid the other day - ah feckin' loved it min!)

cole. x

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
i come to 'dis cafe quite a lot myself.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
well it is much easier while balanced on your head, there's more room to get em between your legs... biggrin

I spunked in my friend's aquarium and the fish ate it. I love all fish. Especially the pink ones. They are my bitches. - Anon.

LemonkeyStalking amidst the desert, carrying an oversized scalpel...
1,019 posts

Posted:

do you remember for example when garfield made that video last year called 'things gatto can't do'?

do you remember the videos that gatto released shortly after doing every one of the tricks he apparently couldn't do?

Was this one big video entitled "tricks Anthony Gatto can do", or was it randomly spread throughout his sequence videos?

Willy - is bad for your health...

Miranda (mewcat)BRONZE Member
queen of all the hipsters
150 posts

Posted:
Written by: Lemonkey

do you remember for example when garfield made that video last year called 'things gatto can't do'?

Forgive my ignorance... is this literally true? Is that really what it was called?

Is he five? This seems grouped in with "You're not my best friend any more and you can't come to my party so there!". Cute.

I am entertained beyond all belief. Yay! ubbrollsmile

to live at all is miracle enough

1,019 posts

Posted:
Written by: Miranda (mewcat)

Written by: Lemonkey

Forgive my ignorance... is this literally true? Is that really what it was called?

Is he five? This seems grouped in with "You're not my best friend any more and you can't come to my party so there!". Cute.

I am entertained beyond all belief. Yay! ubbrollsmile

Why was my post quoted, and altered? :|

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
that's right miranda.

garfield acted like a complete idiot for much of last year, trying to bait gatto into competing in his wjf competitions.

unfortunately for him, he ended up having to eat his words and in the process, came off looking like a twat and, through the videos that gatto released on his fan site, confirmed beyond question that gatto is the greatest juggler alive (at least in terms of technical ability).

its such a playground story ubblol

lemonkey - they are spread throughout his sequence and trick videos.

for example, here is a vid of 6c scissors that according to mr pre here is 'a garfield trick' and hence, cannot be done by gatto: it can't be done.

cole. x

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

Miranda (mewcat)BRONZE Member
queen of all the hipsters
150 posts

Posted:
Lemonkey – quoted/altered by me? I thought I was quoting Coleman. I just clicked “quote” – anything further is a mystery.

Coleman – that amuses me. Thanks.

to live at all is miracle enough

1,019 posts

Posted:
Weird happenings occured with the your other post, tis all.

Cheers cole, shall have to download the sequences.

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:

garfield .... came off looking like a twat

is that because he wore a body builders leotard on telly? wink

pre1236member
33 posts

Posted:

*shakes head in amazement*

pre - exactly how do you know gatto can't do any of this stuff?

i'd bet a lot of money that gatto can do 4c scissors - just cos you haven't seen him do it on a video, doesn't mean it didn't happen.

cole. x

Now anthony gatto claims to have done the 6 clubs scissor please compare the original jason garfield scissor, to the anthony gatto imitation scissor and tell me if they look the same.

jason giarfields orginal scissor with 6 clubs

anthony gatto's 6 club imitation scissor

bluecatgeek, level 1
5,300 posts

Posted:
pre: go out and try those tricks with 4c: i can run the garfield version for ten catches; and the gatto version(which is what i was taught as 'scissors) for 6 catches, just. just cause they're both btb don't make it harder.

Holistic Spinner (I hope)

preSILVER Member
161 posts

Posted:
thats not the point your straying from the true arguement. we're not talking about my skill I'm making a point that anthony gatto can't do jason garfields "scissor" admit it you've lost.

bluecatgeek, level 1
5,300 posts

Posted:
i'm not trying to win, i'm trying to point out firstly that there's no point comparing them in that way cause they're different. so yes, you're right they are not the same. well done.

nor am i making a point about your skill, i'm just trying to saythat in my opinion the trick you're saying is the 'winner' is actually the easier of the two tricks.

when did discussions become about winning anyway?

ubbcrying

fNiGOLD Member
master of disaster
3,354 posts

Posted:
Its not about arguing until someone is completely turned off and ignores what you're saying because you refuse to recognise any part of a view that contradicts your personal belief. Being argumentative is far from being productive, we try to encourage friendly discourse here. So its not about "admit it you've lost", but perhaps a more constructive way of approaching the subject would be, "I don't feel that you've addressed my point". Respect will get you much further then bullheadedness

as to the films:

from watching both videos you provided, I was far more impressed by gatto's ability to sustain the trick then the quickness of garfield

*EDIT*

damn you and your quickness blue hug
EDITED_BY: ef_en_ae (1135119833)

kyrian: I've felt your finger connect with me many times
lou kitten: sneaky little meatball..
ezz: please corrupt me more

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
And the argument is: Jason is better than Anthony. He's not. He's shitter, and he's a bit of a arrogant twat.

So while you're here pre, shutup.

If you took the time to learn some of the stuff that both anthony and jason can do, you wouldn't have the time to write crap on this forum. And you're probably have a bit more humility after seeing how hard anything they do is.

So, more importantly, who's better, Spiderman or Batman?

fNiGOLD Member
master of disaster
3,354 posts

Posted:
with 5 minutes to plan, Batman can defeat anything

its been scientifically proven

pre1236member
33 posts

Posted:
Written by: mcp

And the argument is: Jason is better than Anthony. He's not. He's shitter, and he's a bit of a arrogant twat.

So while you're here pre, shutup.

If you took the time to learn some of the stuff that both anthony and jason can do, you wouldn't have the time to write crap on this forum. And you're probably have a bit more humility after seeing how hard anything they do is.

So, more importantly, who's better, Spiderman or Batman?

no the arguement is that there is still some tricks anthony can't do regardless. Im not saying that jason nesiccarily better than anthony. but anthony can't do a 6 clubs scissor dont automatically stray from the subject just because I have the facts and you have nothing to support what your saying. I have shown for fact that anthony is not capable of jason garfields 6 clubs scissor. Accept the fact that I am right and move on. there is no use in arguing this topic anymore because you know as I do now for fact that anthoyn gatto is not capable of jason garfields 6 clubs scissor.

fNiGOLD Member
master of disaster
3,354 posts

Posted:
because he chooses not to, does it mean he can't? How do you know he hasn't done it, but elects not to show it off?

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
I wouldn't bother, it's like arguing with an idiot.

Oh no wait, remove the word 'like' from the above sentence.

Yeah, batman is more hardcore.

fNiGOLD Member
master of disaster
3,354 posts

Posted:
and his secret lair is totally cooler wink biggrin ubblol

bluecatgeek, level 1
5,300 posts

Posted:

i think you'd do well to recognise the difference between 'what someone has been videoed doing' and 'what they can do' - i can do lots of tricks but i only have about three of them on video shrug

cole. x

i rest my case. until you have stood in front of gatto and asked him to do double back crosses(not scissors) and he has conclusively failed(three goes, right? ubblol) then there is no way on earth you can say he can't do them.

this is the most pointless discussion i have ever been part of on hop. i must say it makes me very glad i will be away from a computer from tomorrow for three weeks biggrin

RicheeBRONZE Member
HOP librarian
1,841 posts

Posted:
Post deleted by Richee

POI THEO(R)IST

hexagonicClubbles Jugs
1,687 posts

Posted:
[rejoins "debate"]

I thought this thread was about the WJF. When did it turn into the [yawns] Garfield vs. Gatto debate, crossed with another [yawns again] Pre "I'm right so all of you can get f*cked* vs anyone else debate.

*wonders off to go juggle*

P.S. Hands up anyone that reads the other juggling forum outside HoP - Pre reminds me of Nerd, who else?! wink

ah wah wah wah a wah wah

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
Pirate Pixie Crew Captain
8,428 posts

Posted:
Flippin' 'eck I'm glad I'm just a "hack juggler" that throws stuff up in the air and tries to catch it just for the sheer joy it gives me!

I'm so glad I don't give a [censored] if Garfield the Cat can juggle 6 pairs of scissors, whether there be video footage of it or not.

I would hate to feel I have to be abusive to other people just because they like one other juggler more than another.

I'll stick with being a hack juggler that faffs about throwing 3 balls/clubs up and down and be happy.

peace

Feed me Chocolate!!! Feed me NOW!

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
[PREpubescent rant mode]

pre - please do your homework:

description of the trick called scissors

so is what garfield does actually scissors?

and just in case you want to argue till you're blue in the face that i'm wrong, this traces scissors back to 1995

quite obviously, garfield can't do 4 or 6 club scissors - he can do simultaneous backcrosses which isn't nearly as hard and most of us can them do in our sleep.

using your superior reasoning skills, since garfield juggling scissors PROPERLY isn't on video, he can't possibly be able to do it.

in fact pre, i've never seen a video of you juggling even three balls which obviously means i have proved beyond a shadow of a doubt that you cannot juggle at all.

its a fact and i have just proved it.

accept you are the wrongest of the wrong and that i have WON and you have LOST in the big competition that is this 'discussion' tongue

unless you post a video on the internet in the next ten seconds of everything you 'claim' to be able to do, you will have to accept that it is a fact that you cannot even throw and catch one ball since i have proved it and you can't argue with that because i say so ner ner ner.

[/PREpubescent rant mode]

now, wasn't this thread supposed about the wjf...?

back on topic: click here for happyness in a sport shaped tin

cole. x

devil

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

RicheeBRONZE Member
HOP librarian
1,841 posts

Posted:
www.thewjf.com

....organization specifically dedicated to the promotion of sport juggling.....

:R
EDITED_BY: Richee (1135213276)

POI THEO(R)IST

preSILVER Member
161 posts

Posted:
Written by: Hexagonic

[rejoins "debate"]

I thought this thread was about the WJF. When did it turn into the [yawns] Garfield vs. Gatto debate, crossed with another [yawns again] Pre "I'm right so all of you can get f*cked* vs anyone else debate.

*wonders off to go juggle*

P.S. Hands up anyone that reads the other juggling forum outside HoP - Pre reminds me of Nerd, who else?! wink

it was until I made a comment which sparked an arguement i dont understand their problems with a discussion which didn't involve Anthony gatto but someone had to bring him into the topic

preSILVER Member
161 posts

Posted:
okay now we can agree that there was two definition that were being thought of the trick known as the scissor. I had first been exposed to jason garfield's "scissors" instead of the trick most of you know as the "scissor" which throws only one club behind the back at a time. we can agree that both are variations of the same trick.

1,019 posts

Posted:

back on topic: click here for happyness in a sport shaped tin

cole. x
devil

eek

biggrin

Page: