T&BBRONZE Member
Me
607 posts

Posted:
Well you guess it this threads all about doing flowers with your contact moves, a nice little avenue which has been explored much.

easiest example I can think of is: get the staff walking over the back of your hands then move the staff round in a big circle. if you go the same way the staff's spinning you've got yourself a normal flower and if you go the other way it's anit spin.

the only other one in the vertical plane I can think of which looks good is the conveyor belt which has four pivot points so does nice four point flowers (anti and normal) and if you can join them up with an cross arms elbow to elbow roll you can keep the flowers going.

Horzontal plane:

the move that got me thinking about this when I found out you can do a anti spin horzontal pin wheel by using plam spins, of course you can do it without anti spin but you might as well not bother with the plam spin.

another nice move to do flowers with Is the matrixs: two back to back normal matrix done with a 90 deg turn done while the staff is on the back and front of your neck will naturely make the staff do an anti spin flower. Where as two anti turn matrixs (turning 90 deg each time the staff get to a sholder) will give you a normal flower.

this was ment to should that anti turn was just another name for anit spin but it looks like I've just done the oppsite oh well they're still some nice moves

Maybe I should change this too something abit nicer, humm no I still think your all Ccensoredt

DeepSoulSheepGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,617 posts

Posted:
Cool thread!

Never though of the first bit... I normally use finger spins for flowers....

Is the second bit just a matrix while turning the opposite way of stick direction?

I live in a world of infinite possibilities.

-sandy-BRONZE Member
old hand
716 posts

Posted:
do you mean basically fishtail it in a big circle for the first bit? cos surely at some point it needs to change sides unless you are doing propellers it wont work.
sorry just re read your first post, you mean using both hands dont you.
Although working out some kind of fishtail flower would be very cool, ill try to work it out before you come up.

"Don't do it naked!"

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
yeah, dual fishtails flowers are quite hard. I ought to get working on them again...

"the now legendary" - Kaskade
"the still legendary" - Kaskade

I spunked in my friend's aquarium and the fish ate it. I love all fish. Especially the pink ones. They are my bitches. - Anon.

T&BBRONZE Member
Me
607 posts

Posted:
Written by: DeepSoulSheep

Cool thread!

Never though of the first bit... I normally use finger spins for flowers....

Is the second bit just a matrix while turning the opposite way of stick direction?

if by second bit you mean the anti turn matrix then yep you turn into the staff as it comes round the sholder. I think it's slightly easier than a normal matrix cos the staff spence less time on the armpit but diffculty wise there's not much between the two.

Maybe I should change this too something abit nicer, humm no I still think your all Ccensoredt

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
damn my illogical brain.

T&B I can't picture what yer saying but sounds nice...

I have the misfortune of needing to see a trick to learn it (i.ecannot visualise from text)...but then it's only a matter of time

I experiment and find stuff but words don't make pictures for me frown

A couple of balls short of a full cascade... or maybe a few cards short of a deck... we'll see how this all fans out.